Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Of The Wall Has Started
(04-18-2018, 05:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you're against the border wall, okay, but you should come up with better rationale than 'it won't stop all illegal immigration.'

All I was doing was correcting the wall supporters who claim it will stop illegal immigration.  They are the ones blind to the fact that the wall even if 100% effective would still just impact about one third of the illegal immigrants.

And since it can be crossed with ladders it will not be much more effective than the vehicle barrier that was already there.

It is like people don't care how many billions of dollars it will cost and how little impact it will have. They would rather have a useless wall because it is some sort of symbol.
(04-19-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All I was doing was correcting the wall supporters who claim it will stop illegal immigration.  They are the ones blind to the fact that the wall even if 100% effective would still just impact about one third of the illegal immigrants.

Except you were responding to Brad who said (emphaiss mine):

(04-10-2018, 07:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This site says that illegal immigrants cost taxpayers 113 billion, so slowing down that number from increasing seems worth it and like the wall will end up paying for itself.

I agree that anyone who thinks a border wall will be 100% are wrong and delusional, at best. But, in THIS case, that does not describe Brad.
(04-19-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is like people don't care how many billions of dollars it will cost and how little impact it will have. They would rather have a useless wall because it is some sort of symbol.

It seems to me that MOST people don't care how many billions of dollars something will cost if they are in favor with whatever the money goes towards.
[Image: giphy.gif]