Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best
(06-14-2023, 11:38 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: I became a big fan in preseason. It was obvious he had the intangibles for a good linemen. Nasty, finishes, loves to play, smart and improves. By the last game they played he was holding his own against elite talent. As a 4th rounder.  I’m also a fan of Carman and liked the pick on draft day.

Carman in the 2nd Round was a total reach...  but I hope he works out proves you right.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course, Volson has always had height, but he has really bulked up. Left side of the line is going to be absolute road graders. And if Carman wins the RT spot, he and Cappa will be the same on the right. If Mixon can't run behind this line, he can't run behind any line.

Damn rights, the opportunities are finally there for Mixon. We will see how it goes, because I really like Chase Brown if Mixon is still 
running hesitant and not holding up in pass protection.

(06-14-2023, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mixon will be forced to change his style, and hit the hole with authority, as Rookie Chase Brown will be chomping at the bit to come in and pound the rock.

Well said, hit that hole Joe...

(06-14-2023, 09:54 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If his agent was smart he’d have a huge heart to heart with Joe. Especially after Dalvin Cook. With the salary cap a definite issue next year for the Bengals Joe is playing for his NFL life. He was lucky this year.

Completely agree Soonerpeace, Dalvin has been a better RB over his career and HE GOT CUT.

(06-14-2023, 11:38 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: I became a big fan in preseason. It was obvious he had the intangibles for a good linemen. Nasty, finishes, loves to play, smart and improves. By the last game they played he was holding his own against elite talent. As a 4th rounder.  I’m also a fan of Carman and liked the pick on draft day.

Same on loving how Volson plays and you are one of the few that liked the Carman pick on Draft day along with me.

Lots didn't even know about Carman on here except the dudes that hang out in the Draft forum all the time. Synric was the first 
guy to turn me onto Carman way before we drafted him. I didn't like later finding out he was coming off back surgery and I did 
want Creed Humphrey more, but I thought Carman would be a good one down the road, but it sure doesn't look like it at Guard.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 12:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Carman in the 2nd Round was a total reach...  but I hope he works out proves you right.

Not a total reach if he was healthy, saw lots of Mocks with him going in the late 2nd, early 3rd before we drafted him.

The back surgery did make it somewhat of a reach though. We will see how much of a reach it was or even if it was in the near future.
Reply/Quote
i like cordel alot. good young man whos down to earth and a hard worker. rooting for him to be great
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a total reach if he was healthy, saw lots of Mocks with him going in the late 2nd, early 3rd before we drafted him.

The back surgery did make it somewhat of a reach though. We will see how much of a reach it was or even if it was in the near future.

I saw a lot of mocks with Dawand Jones and Darnell Washington in the 1st Round... 

He was not the unanimous selection in the 2nd Rd by everyone in our building.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 01:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I saw a lot of mocks with Dawand Jones and Darnell Washington in the 1st Round... 

At least we know one thing for sure; It wasn't Paul Alexander standing up and pounding the table for him, this time.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 01:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least we know one this for sure; It wasn't Paul Alexander standing up and pounding the table for him, this time.  Ninja

Absolutely correct, that one got out quickly.  Carman is likely the last Mike Brown compelled draft pick.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 01:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Absolutely correct, that one got out quickly.  Carman is likely the last Mike Brown compelled draft pick.

This is my take on Carman and it's 100% speculation.

Everything had come easy for him up until, the PROS. He was a man among boys in H.S. He was on some pretty dang good Clemson teams and the ACC competition wasn't that great.

He was like oh I see, I can just coast through this and make lots of money, have all the girls, do shaving cream commercials, get me a mansion and a yacht. And then the reality sat in that he's not the big boy on campus anymore. There's some real studs across from me on a regular basis now, and I'll have to work, HARD!

But by the time he figured it out it was to late. Can he turn it around? We'll see
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 01:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I saw a lot of mocks with Dawand Jones and Darnell Washington in the 1st Round... 

Hey, like I said, I even wanted Creed Humphrey over Jackson Carman and I am about the biggest Carman backer on here.

Very true that the draft is a crapshoot and I never like drafting a guy that is coming off of injury or surgery.
Reply/Quote