Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here...
Report that Bengals are actively shopping Glenn to other teams and will release him before FA is trade isn’t found.
(03-02-2020, 04:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Report that Bengals are actively shopping Glenn to other teams and will release him before FA is trade isn’t found.

Bengals are going all out.  They have Glenn on craigslist.
Glenn has a roster bonus due at the end of the month. No way they pay that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Why cut a guy? Trade them
(03-02-2020, 06:06 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Why cut a guy? Trade them

well if you cant trade him and don't want to pay him then you cut him...
probably only looking at a 6th rd pick for Glenn at best.
(03-02-2020, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you don't realize that NFL contracts have yearly slaries?  You think they just get one lump sum for the full amount when they sign?

So you don't realize that two years at nine million is more than two years at seven and a half million. Denver didn't give him a raise if he made 750k less per year. Case closed.
(03-02-2020, 06:41 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: probably only looking at a 6th rd pick for Glenn at best.

Why would anyone give up a draft pick for a guy who has a history of being dispassionate about the game and possibly a locker room cancer?
(03-02-2020, 06:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:   So you don't realize that two years at nine million is more than two years at seven and a half million.

Yes.  I understand that completely.

Do you not realize that players get different salaries for different years?  They do not just get the same amount every year of the contract.

Peko got paid more by the Broncos in 2017 than the Bengals paid him in 2016. 

More is more.
(03-02-2020, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  I understand that completely.

Do you not realize that players get different salaries for different years?  They do not just get the same amount every year of the contract.

Peko got paid more by the Broncos in 2017 than the Bengals paid him in 2016. 

More is more.

Per year the Bengals gave him more. You do realize part of the contract can be paid upfront and the contract is total contract divided by the number of years so nine divided by two is 4.5 and 7.5 divided by two is 3.75. If you need more math lessons come back tomorrow. Sarcasm
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-11-2020, 04:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There will be a fight over that Gatorade.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Wondering what that means myself? Is that a memory pic that Dre is taking or is he saying he will still be here?
(03-02-2020, 07:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Per year the Bengals gave him more. You do realize part of the contract can be paid upfront and the contract is total contract divided by the number of years so nine divided by two is 4.5 and 7.5 divided by two is 3.75. If you need more math lessons come back tomorrow. Sarcasm

So you don't even understand why contracts have different amounts for different years?  

You seem really proud of your ability to figure out the yearly average.  Now study some more and learn why they have different amounts for different years.
(03-11-2020, 04:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't get it?

His stuff is still there.  Is that supposed to mean he is not getting released?

**EDIT**  Never mind.  I just went to twitter and saw the full picture.  Looks like Dre is gone.  Probably not official until after we see who we sign in free agency.
(03-11-2020, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't get it?

His stuff is still there.  Is that supposed to mean he is not getting released?

**EDIT**  Never mind.  I just went to twitter and saw the full picture.  Looks like Dre is gone.  Probably not official until after we see who we sign in free agency.

What makes it look like Dre is gone? I still don't get it lol
(03-11-2020, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What makes it look like Dre is gone? I still don't get it lol

Apparently he is giving away all the Bengal gear in his locker.

I wonder if anyone has ask him for anything.
(03-11-2020, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently he is giving away all the Bengal gear in his locker.

I wonder if anyone has ask him for anything.

Okay, cool, hope we can get a pick for him but probably just cutting him is most likely. Thanks for clearing that up Fred. ThumbsUp

(03-11-2020, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you don't even understand why contracts have different amounts for different years?  

You seem really proud of your ability to figure out the yearly average.  Now study some more and learn why they have different amounts for different years.

I know exactly why the give the money upfront. Do you. Are you so mathematically challenged that you think two years at 7.5 is a raise over two years at years at nine million? I know you love to skew facts to support your point of view but there is no one here that believes that the Broncos gave him a raise no matter how you present it. Come on back if you want to try again.