Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cordy Glenn to be released today
Boom!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well Glenn was a upgrade over Ced.. no matter how you look at it.

Yea, but he missed 26% of the snaps year one, and 74% last year and was a locker room cancer. It's like asking me if i'd rather be blind of deaf; both suck, just in different ways.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yea, but he missed 26% of the snaps year one, and 74% last year and was a locker room cancer. It's like asking me if i'd rather be blind of deaf; both suck, just in different ways.

lol..  Yeah its sad that's an upgrade to what we had.
Reply/Quote
He was such a disappointment here. And it wasn't that he wasn't talented he just has no heart. At least here in Bengal land.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the reason for the release now vs after FA starts is to actually use that money at the start of FA, not reserve it for future extensions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Seriously though, remember when we thought we got two good lineman with this trade by adding Price?

Lalala

Tremaine Edmonds would look good in stripes about now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm hoping the reason for the release now vs after FA starts is to actually use that money at the start of FA, not reserve it for future extensions.

Winner winner. I’m not expecting Conklin, but Glasgow would be a welcome addition

Reply/Quote
I hope they get a good replacement in FA, either that or put it towards extending Mixon
Reply/Quote
This is great news. It shows that the Bengals are serious about making some moves toward improving the roster, and just freed up some cap space to allow them to be bigger players in free agency. I'm not surprised that they weren't able to find any trade partners, many of us had said back in 2018 that Glenn wasn't worth the money. I'm not sad for Glenn, either. Some team will pick him up for about half of what he was making, and he'll be their backup Tackle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Tremaine Edmonds would look good in stripes about now

Or Derwin James, LVE, Ragnow, Davenport, Jaire Alexander, or even Kolton Miller...
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Winner winner.  I’m not expecting Conklin, but Glasgow would be a welcome addition

Glasgow would be an immediate plug-and-play starter at OG, thereby solidifying the 2020 OL as Jonah-Glasgow-Hopkins-Miller-Hart.
I'd honestly rather that than have Jordan or Price at LG.

If I had it my way, I'd go get both and really boost that OL :)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Woulda like to see him tried out at right tackle or guard... O well.. No big deal I guess. Dude missed over half a year with a concussion... He didn't want to be here..
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm hoping the reason for the release now vs after FA starts is to actually use that money at the start of FA, not reserve it for future extensions.

That's what I'm hoping. 
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Hopefully, This is the first of several additions by subtraction!

Next up: BW Webb...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Go be fat and useless somewhere else, asshole

Pretty much my feeling
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:32 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It's a shame he didn't work out here, he was one of our better lineman when he played, but he was a malcontent here. I can see why the Bengals couldn't trade him, his biggest problem is between his ears.

he's not bad or he don't suck, but he will be better off somewhere else.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 06:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty much my feeling

why the hate??? because of his discontent for playing with this shit sandwich of a team???

Reply/Quote
What a terrible deal that ended up being. Price sucks, Glenn is gone, and we missed out on some much better players moving back. I fully understand why they did it, but it still hurts.

Cutting Glenn is a good start for this rebuild though.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 09:58 PM)RASCAL Wrote: why the hate??? because of his discontent for playing with this shit sandwich of a team???

Well, he was more than happy to accept the money, so he should have delivered on his end of the bargain.  Screw him, hope he is forced to retire, rather than accept a vet minimum to continue being called an "NFL player".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Go be fat and useless somewhere else, asshole

Damn. I haven’t even had a chance to post in this thread yet. Geez.

Reply/Quote