Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cordy Glenn to be released today
(03-13-2020, 03:31 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sucks they could not get anything via trade for him.  Heck I would have been happy with a 7th rounder as opposed to nothing.

Says a lot about how the league feels about Cordy...and his deal wasn't excessive.  He will end up somewhere as a stop-gap but probably get pushed out by an undrafted FA that has some heart.  Adios, big boy.  You won't be missed here.

And we wonder why the Bengals seem reluctant in FA?  I thought it was an AMAZING move when they did it....one pick got two first round offensive linemen????  Both sucked.  Ugh.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 04:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Oh, I'm not disagreeing with cutting him.

I just hope that the Bengals don't think that that is all they need to do on the O-line.

No way they just cut Glenn and don't bring in another Lineman.

(03-13-2020, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well Glenn was a upgrade over Ced.. no matter how you look at it.

So would a post.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 12:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Says a lot about how the league feels about Cordy...and his deal wasn't excessive.  He will end up somewhere as a stop-gap but probably get pushed out by an undrafted FA that has some heart.  Adios, big boy.  You won't be missed here.

And we wonder why the Bengals seem reluctant in FA?  I thought it was an AMAZING move when they did it....one pick got two first round offensive linemen????  Both sucked.  Ugh.  

Idk.  You really can't deny that the line got significantly less shitty when he decided to stop malingering.  This could have been a function of the rest of the group playing together longer, I suppose.  

I think he's a serviceable to decent LT in a league that is desperate for them.  His attitude and theatrics will cost him when he hits the market.  Minus those issues, I think he'd be a desirable player for a lot of teams. Other organizations are fully aware of his relationship with the Bengals after last year. Nobody believed he'd be playing here next year. Why would anyone give a pick for a guy that is inevitably going to hit the market anyway?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 02:56 PM)samhain Wrote: Idk.  You really can't deny that the line got significantly less shitty when he decided to stop malingering.  This could have been a function of the rest of the group playing together longer, I suppose.  

I think he's a serviceable to decent LT in a league that is desperate for them.  His attitude and theatrics will cost him when he hits the market.  Minus those issues, I think he'd be a desirable player for a lot of teams.  Other organizations are fully aware of his relationship with the Bengals after last year.  Nobody believed he'd be playing here next year.  Why would anyone give a pick for a guy that is inevitably going to hit the market anyway?

They didn't really go through a gauntlet of talented teams down the stretch...that is why I am hoping they aren't satisfied with the defensive improvementent as well.  

The only reason someone would give a pick was so they would get the guaranteed player.  Now, they have to compete with other teams...although it should be not much of a competition.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote