Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon asks-all time team
(12-21-2023, 05:05 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Rudy Johnson is a product of a good line. Not top 5 Bengal RBs. Never broke a big run over 40.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnRu00.htm

You were saying?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnRu00.htm

You were saying?

What are you trying to say? He's the most overrated RB we've ever had.
Reply/Quote
I mean, I bolded your incorrect statement and provided proof of it: I couldn't care less where people rank him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean, I bolded your incorrect statement and provided proof of it: I couldn't care less where people rank him.

I seen a stat line that showed he never broke a run over 40. YPC under 4. YPC has to be 4.5 or better. Without huge holes he was mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 05:06 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Still the best RB in Bengal history & it's not even close.

How is it "not even close"? James Brooks has over 1,000 more total yards as a Bengal than Dillon. He averaged about .5 more YPC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How is it "not even close"? James Brooks has over 1,000 more total yards as a Bengal than Dillon. He averaged about .5 more YPC

Dillon had 9543 total yards in 7 years as a Bengal.  Brooks had 9459 yards in 8.  
Reply/Quote
I'm not going through this entire thread to check but I hope no one is placing Burrow or Chase or most anyone on the current team on the all time list yet.

If Chase goes down with a career ender is he still an all time great with under 4000 yards? Chad Johnson, AJ Green and Isaac Curtis have the career numbers that make them stand out. The recent bias is silly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How is it "not even close"? James Brooks has over 1,000 more total yards as a Bengal than Dillon. He averaged about .5 more YPC

Recency bias. 

People saw Dillon but didn't see Brooks in his prime or at all.

Same reason people forget about Curtis when talking about WRs. I didn't see him live but watched enough old footage to realize he was before his time as a WR and is probably the best natural talent at WR this team has ever had.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 06:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dillon had 9543 total yards in 7 years as a Bengal.  Brooks had 9459 yards in 8.  

Did you include KR yards? 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 05:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Eh I couldn’t blame him. They deserved the bad-mouthing. I did plenty of it myself.
Maybe so, but we're not professionals. Professionals should act...professional. His time came to leave and he could have left with some grace, and chose to act a fool. It's a shame too, but this is what happens when you burn bridges.

Wts, Corey was a helluva player. He was the reason to watch Bengals games when Bengals games were hard to watch. He is definitely my RB1 in the All-Time Bengals list.

QB- Anderson, Esiason, Burrow

RB- Dillon, Brooks, R. Johnson

FB- Lorenzo Neal

WR- Chase (already!) Chad, TJ, AJ Green, Curtis

TE- Holman, Gresham, (I wanna add Trumpy but he was a bit before my fandom started so I can't definitively put him on MY list)

T- Munoz, Whitworth, Anderson

G- Montoya, Steinbach in his short time here, Bobby Williams

C- Richey Braham, Kozerski

DE- Hendrickson, Dunlap, J Smith

DT/ 3Ts- Geno, Krumrie, Reader

LBs- Reggie Williams, Takeo Spikes, Playoff Pratt (he's made too many game changing plays in recent memory to leave him off this list)

CBs- Parish, Riley. Buck stops there. I'm sure there are some deserving CBs but none that put up THOSE numbers. Those PBAs. Those INTs. Maybe Deltha O'Neil?

FS- Reggie Nelson, Jesse Bates. I want to put Casanova on here, but again, he was a bit before my time. But my father has some good fishing stories that included Tommy! My dad sold bass boats when I was a child. Sold boats to many notable Bengals like Sam Wyche and Tommy Casanova. That's how they met!

SS- Fulcher, maybe Vonn for his clutch contributions in a four year period including an all time hit on a hated Steeler that set the tone for a prime time game no one gave the Bengals a shot in!

K- Breech

P- Huber

Coach - Brown, Wyche, and if Zac keeps pulling rabbits outta his asshat..ZAC!
Reply/Quote

You're gonna compare Brooks who had the best offensive line in team history to Corey who played on the worst teams in team history? WHAT the TOTAL F!CK?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 07:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Recency bias. 

People saw Dillon but didn't see Brooks in his prime or at all.

Same reason people forget about Curtis when talking about WRs. I didn't see him live but watched enough old footage to realize he was before his time as a WR and is probably the best natural talent at WR this team has ever had.

Recency bias? I started watching when I was 5 years old in 1980. Brooks played with our best o-line in team history, Corey with one of our worst teams for years. Brooks would'nt have averaged 5 yac with Corey's team. Corey would've averaged 6.5 or more with Munoz.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 10:03 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: You're gonna compare Brooks who had the best offensive line in team history to Corey who played on the worst teams in team history? WHAT the TOTAL F!CK?

I have no problem with folks stating they think Corey Dillon is the best RB in Bengal's history

I do have a problem when folks state "It ain't even close"

It makes me think WHAT the TOTAL FICK

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Say what you want, but I would suggest 95% of receivers playing today would be hurt all the time playing under the rules Chad and those before him played under. 
95% might be a bit high on the WRs, as they play on the edge of the field for the most part, but I do feel that Travis Kelce probably wouldn't be a household name if he played before 2011. He freely runs up the middle while looking back at Mahomes without fear of ever getting crushed. Rodney Holman was pretty reliable when called upon, but he never had the freedom of thinking "just worry about the pass as you run a slant 10 yards deep over the middle of the field". This is a modern NFL phenomenon.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you include KR yards? 

I only included yards from scrimmage.  If you do, Brooks has an edge, but again, played one more year as a Bengal.  

I'm not dogging Brooks, as he was a great swiss army knife of a player.  But as a RB, comparing a guy who only managed 3 1000 yard rushing seasons in 8 years to a guy that had 6 in 7 is a major stretch.  Not to mention Dillon broke the single game rookie and single game rising records.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 11:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: I only included yards from scrimmage.  If you do, Brooks has an edge, but again, played one more year as a Bengal.  

I'm not dogging Brooks, as he was a great swiss army knife of a player.  But as a RB, comparing a guy who only managed 3 1000 yard rushing seasons in 8 years to a guy that had 6 in 7 is a major stretch.  Not to mention Dillon broke the single game rookie and single game rising records.  

Makes sense if you only give an RB credit for running. Brooks did so much more. 

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Makes sense if you only give an RB credit for running. Brooks did so much more. 

Even though he was only 180-185 lbs...he was one of the best blocking halfbacks I've ever seen. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 07:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm not going through this entire thread to check but I hope no one is placing Burrow or Chase or most anyone on the current team on the all time list yet.

If Chase goes down with a career ender is he still an all time great with under 4000 yards? Chad Johnson, AJ Green and Isaac Curtis have the career numbers that make them stand out. The recent bias is silly.

They actually changed the game when Curtis came along. People putting up all time teams that never saw half the players play is kind of a lame game anyway. They want to say Chase is the greatest WR ever on the Bengals, even though he doesn't have the numbers yet. But they do not mention Cook, because he didn't play long enough to get the numbers. Players like Tommy Casanova are rarely ever talked about. If you didn't see them all play, it's impossible to do the list. You can't go by numbers alone because the game has evolved so much. I've watched them ALL play, and I can't do the list because I forget some of them.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Makes sense if you only give an RB credit for running. Brooks did so much more. 

By this logic, Ted Ginn Jr. Is a better WR than Chad Johnson because he destroys Chad in total yards when you factor in returns.  

Return yards are generally kept separate when comparing players simply because how good/bad a returner you are has no bearing on how good you were at your primary position.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 10:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: By this logic, Ted Ginn Jr. Is a better WR than Chad Johnson because he destroys Chad in total yards when you factor in returns.  

Return yards are generally kept separate when comparing players simply because how good/bad a returner you are has no bearing on how good you were at your primary position.  

Nah, by that logic Ted Ginn Jr had more total yards in the NFL than Chad.

Which is one of the elements I used to dispute the assertion that "it's not even close" between JB and CD.

Just liked I'd use return skills when comparing Antonio Bryant to other greats.

Reply/Quote