Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon chimes in on Marvin Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=KiTY7Gxi5lc

Corey Dillon offers his opinion on this years Bengals and what the team should do to improve.

I'll never forget how I thought Corey was stupid to leave the Bengals after one year under Marv. I understood his frustration, he put up with plenty of awful football during his time in Cincy. But at the time, my 13 year-old self believed Marvin was going to be the one to save this franchise. That he would help Corey get a ring or two in the near future... I guess Corey knew better. In retrospect, I'd say Corey made the right decision
Reply/Quote
I think he summed it up nicely when he stated that he won more playoff games in three years with the Patriots than Marvin has in 14 years with the Bengals.

I know there's a lot of hate for Dillon based on the way he left, but people quickly forget that he was the lone bright spot on a lot of terrible Bengals teams. Wish we would hear from him more quite honestly.
Reply/Quote
I think Corey Dillon was rightfully done with this franchise and with Mike Brown. The guy went to a winning organization where he was able to finish with a Super Bowl ring. No way you can fault him for that.
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon ran the ball hard and angry, but he was a locker room cancer. I was glad to see him go....
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Corey Dillon ran the ball hard and angry, but he was a locker room cancer. I was glad to see him go....

He never seemed to have those problems when he got to New England did he?

Looking back on it, his leaving was a classic example of foreshadowing if I ever saw one.  After 1 year with Lewis (and 7 with MB), he knew what was to come, left town to join Belichick and got the ring he would never get here.  

I'm very proud to say he was a Bengal and I loved watching him play.  :andy:
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I think Corey summed it up perfectly at the end - 'the Bengals need a fresh start'.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 01:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think Corey summed it up perfectly at the end - 'the Bengals need a fresh start'.

Yep. That's really all that needs to be said. A fresh start is what we need. And we need it while our window of opportunity has not closed.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Corey Dillon ran the ball hard and angry, but he was a locker room cancer. I was glad to see him go....

Hell man, even Lee Johnson was fed up.  You know it's bad when the punter/kicker speaks up......Takeo Spikes was another one that got fed up during that era.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Crazy to see how old he's gotten
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

Locker room cancer who got traded to a Bill Belichick coached team, who is notorious for not putting up with locker room cancers.

Sorry doubt that, Corey was just fed up with the ineptitude of a Mike Brown team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 03:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Locker room cancer who got traded to a Bill Belichick coached team, who is notorious for not putting up with locker room cancers.

Sorry doubt that, Corey was just fed up with the ineptitude of a Mike Brown team.

Yep, and who could blame him? Everyone has their breaking point and Corey reached his. He put up with far too much for far too long.

Once again, the Bengals are a very... "Unique" franchise. No fan should ever question or bash a player who wants out of Mike Brown's Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell man, even Lee Johnson was fed up.  You know it's bad when the punter/kicker speaks up......Takeo Spikes was another one that got fed up during that era.

I was so bummed when Takeo left. The funny thing is that Marvin said not keeping Takeo was his biggest mistake, at the time (2006 or 2007). Takeo also said he regretted leaving the Bengals, around the same time as Marvin saying it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 01:07 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote:
He never seemed to have those problems when he got to New England did he?

Looking back on it, his leaving was a classic example of foreshadowing if I ever saw one.  After 1 year with Lewis (and 7 with MB), he knew what was to come, left town to join Belicheck and got the ring he would never get here.  

I'm very proud to say he was a Bengal and I loved watching him play.  :andy:

That's not uncommon in New England. Doesn't matter who they are or what team they played for if you're not strictly about football then you won't make it.
Reply/Quote
When Dillon first left I was pretty upset. Looking back now I don't blame him a bit for getting the hell out !
Reply/Quote

When you are as bad as the Bengals were then it is a no-win proposition to be a player.  Complain and you are a cancer, keep your mouth shut and you are a natural loser who doesn't care about winning and just wants his paycheck.

Corey left and was part of a SB-winning team
Chad left and got to make a single catch in the SB
Palmer left and at least won a damn playoff game

It's not like anyone other than Corey has left the Bengals and really done anything to make people say "Wow, was HE right to leave!" but the fact that our franchise can't even keep up with our meager expatriates is sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 05:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I was so bummed when Takeo left. The funny thing is that Marvin said not keeping Takeo was his biggest mistake, at the time (2006 or 2007). Takeo also said he regretted leaving the Bengals, around the same time as Marvin saying it.

Yes, I recall the mutual sentiments.  Those were dark days beforehand.....I didn't blame them then, and I still don't.  I just wish Corey and Takeo had been on that 2005 team.  Oh well, such is the life of a Bengals fan.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 09:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, I recall the mutual sentiments.  Those were dark days beforehand.....I didn't blame them then, and I still don't.  I just wish Corey and Takeo had been on that 2005 team.  Oh well, such is the life of a Bengals fan.

I reckon you can say such is the life of a professional sports fan. I know some examples such as Brady remain but the vast majority of players don't stay with the one team there whole career.

Although I will admit that in the NFL it does happen more regularly than other sports such as soccer and rugby over here in Europe.

I can't speak as to basketball or Ice hockey (I don't follow them at all).

Is it expected more in the US for players to stay with a team there whole career?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:26 AM)NKYRob Wrote: I think he summed it up nicely when he stated that he won more playoff games in three years with the Patriots than Marvin has in 14 years with the Bengals.  

I know there's a lot of hate for Dillon based on the way he left, but people quickly forget that he was the lone bright spot on a lot of terrible Bengals teams.  Wish we would hear from him more quite honestly.

I was glad he got a ring with the Pats.  If he would have gotten drafted by virtually any other team in that draft he would be in the Hall of Fame by now.  

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I appreciate having been able to watch that dude run the ball far greater than any appreciation I have for Marvin. "Oh but he got us out of the dark ages!!!!"

Cool. But Corey>Marv in terms of all time Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:29 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think Corey Dillon was rightfully done with this franchise and with Mike Brown.  The guy went to a winning organization where he was able to finish with a Super Bowl ring.  No way you can fault him for that.

I rooted for Corey and was happy he got his ring. He quietly dealt with some of the worst teams (and QB play) in NFL history before erupting at the end. I know I felt the same way he did, so I held nothing against him.

(11-30-2016, 03:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Locker room cancer who got traded to a Bill Belichick coached team, who is notorious for not putting up with locker room cancers.

This. Pats fans still love Corey and he was a model teammate there.

(11-30-2016, 10:08 PM)Burma Wrote: I was glad he got a ring with the Pats.  If he would have gotten drafted by virtually any other team in that draft he would be in the Hall of Fame by now.  

That 2004 Pats team was actually centered around Dillon. He ran for 1635 yards in 15 games and they rode him all the way to a championship. Keep in mind that Corey was 30 at the time. Now imagine if he'd played his whole career there. It's a shame he won't make the HOF.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote