Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
As someone else pointed out, Dillon identifies as a New England Patriot, not a Cincinnati Bengal, so let him go up in their Ring.
Reply/Quote
It's fair to give Dillon some mercy for how he left just because it was the year after Spikes. You could say it was in the water. In some ways he might have just been taking Takeo's lead. But that excuse only goes so far. Man's record in Cincy was still 34-78, which includes 2003. So 26-70 pre-Marv. Wasn't even around for 96, which I forgot about... that was Hearst- whom I also forgot about!

I'm not saying a RB can be an elevator like a QB, but if he was as important as he thinks it would have been somehow reflected in team record. In his case I should hope it wasn't. In 2002 he had one of his best years: >83% of all RB carries. And they went 2-14, as we all know. I don't want to lay it at his feet alone, but we're talking about the greatest players in franchise history here- the cream of the crop. There will be a time to "honor" those putrid teams too. But that's not yet imo.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: agree and it is true Palmer was better at the beginning than Corey played with. But that was by his choice, he knew Bengals had the very 1st pick in the draft and probably would select Palmer who was the Heisman Trophy winner and was the consensus #1 overall pick as well. It was the choice Corey made and it worked out well getting him a SB ring, bravissimo. Don't blame him at all, but the shade he threw on the way out the door at Bengals was unnecessary. Now he cries because the teammate who stuck it out through thick and thin with the Bengals was honored before him ? 

Yep 

Some athletes cant seem to take it when their limelight flickers dim. 

He is a very talented back no doubt. Yet to say the things he did and then be mad he was not selected in the very 1st five players inducted on a team he hated is kind of absurd. 

Great post and well said Go Cards. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 03:38 PM)tms Wrote: It's fair to give Dillon some mercy for how he left just because it was the year after Spikes. You could say it was in the water. In some ways he might have just been taking Takeo's lead. But that excuse only goes so far. Man's record in Cincy was still 34-78, which includes 2003. So 26-70 pre-Marv. Wasn't even around for 96, which I forgot about... that was Hearst- whom I also forgot about!

I'm not saying a RB can be an elevator like a QB, but if he was as important as he thinks it would have been somehow reflected in team record. In his case I should hope it wasn't. In 2002 he had one of his best years: >83% of all RB carries. And they went 2-14, as we all know. I don't want to lay it at his feet alone, but we're talking about the greatest players in franchise history here- the cream of the crop. There will be a time to "honor" those putrid teams too. But that's not yet imo.

Yeah...Takeo Spikes was not staying, PERIOD. Didn't matter about Marv, didn't matter about anything. He was gone. 

Where's the hate for Takeo? Is it because he didn't throw his uni in the crowd after his last game?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As someone else pointed out, Dillon identifies as a New England Patriot, not a Cincinnati Bengal, so let him go up in their Ring.

He identifies as a Bengal.

Where has he said he identifies as a Patriot? In his interview from Sunday night, he mentions the Patriots *ONCE*.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, do people in the thread hold petty grudges...
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 01:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah...Takeo Spikes was not staying, PERIOD. Didn't matter about Marv, didn't matter about anything. He was gone. 

Where's the hate for Takeo? Is it because he didn't throw his uni in the crowd after his last game?

I kinda feel bad for Spikes all he ever wanted was 1 playoff win(or game maybe) i dont think he ever got it.

Hard not to like Dillion. He did nothing but Run hard for the team.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 01:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah...Takeo Spikes was not staying, PERIOD. Didn't matter about Marv, didn't matter about anything. He was gone. 

Like I said way back. I can understand his frustration, it was a bad, very bad time in Bengals land. I can forgive him though and have. But the putting the team and everybody on front street with the shoulder pads left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

They need to think about it and let it go.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 09:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I kinda feel bad for Spikes all he ever wanted was 1 playoff win(or game maybe) i dont think he ever got it.

Hard not to like Dillion. He did nothing but Run hard for the team.

He NEVER PLAYED in the playoffs, ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 09:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He identifies as a Bengal.

Where has he said he identifies as a Patriot? In his interview from Sunday night, he mentions the Patriots *ONCE*.

Check his instagram and see what uniform he's wearing.....
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it, the more I'd put Dillon in the category of Justin Smith- and I don't hear anyone talking about him yet (and rightfully so). Both spent 7 years in stripes. Dillon had loftier numbers but Smith at least stayed through the transition. He saw some team success alongside his own. He was never the right schematic fit for the defense- especially under Marv- but still produced, and went on to some incredible years on the Bay (as Dillon did in Foxboro). Smith's tenure was a bit rocky with his holdout on the way in, Dillon with his diva display on the way out. They both have similar, arguably long-shot cases for Canton.

Anyway, just thought that was interesting. Haven't heard a peep about J. Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if Dillon doesn't even know how many (or rather, how few) Bengals have actually been inducted. He just resorts to his default reaction, which is to complain. And certainly not to apologize.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 01:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Like I said way back. I can understand his frustration, it was a bad, very bad time in Bengals land. I can forgive him though and have. But the putting the team and everybody on front street with the shoulder pads left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

They need to think about it and let it go.

It's pretty simple for me. On the scales of justice, what he gave on the field outweighs his mouth off it. By a long shot.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's pretty simple for me. On the scales of justice, what he gave on the field outweighs his mouth off it. By a long shot.

I'll never forget the Denver game running for 250 yards or whatever? I was ready to go run it once myself.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's pretty simple for me. On the scales of justice, what he gave on the field outweighs his mouth off it. By a long shot.

True, but the stack up is what he gave on the field compared to what others like Krumrie, Parrish, etc gave. Dillon has no claim on being the next in.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 01:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He NEVER PLAYED in the playoffs, ever.

thank you thats what i thought.   but couldnt recall... Every team he went too had a down year when he was there.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 02:06 PM)tms Wrote: The more I think about it, the more I'd put Dillon in the category of Justin Smith- and I don't hear anyone talking about him yet (and rightfully so). Both spent 7 years in stripes. Dillon had loftier numbers but Smith at least stayed through the transition. He saw some team success alongside his own. He was never the right schematic fit for the defense- especially under Marv- but still produced, and went on to some incredible years on the Bay (as Dillon did in Foxboro). Smith's tenure was a bit rocky with his holdout on the way in, Dillon with his diva display on the way out. They both have similar, arguably long-shot cases for Canton.

Anyway, just thought that was interesting. Haven't heard a peep about J. Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if Dillon doesn't even know how many (or rather, how few) Bengals have actually been inducted. He just resorts to his default reaction, which is to complain. And certainly not to apologize.

Justin Smith was one of my favorite players and never understood all the hate half the fans had for him when he played here either. 

Dude was a player and never took plays off, even played ST's on defense.

Same with the hate for Peko, never got it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It will outweigh it as well, but when is the question 

Where would you rank him  amongst the all-time Bengals greats exactly ? Because he certainly ranks amongst them, but curious as to where exactly. 

This thread needed a poll to find out exactly where most fans rank him as to see if Corey actually has a beef about being left out of the top 5 inducted.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

TKO isn't vying for a spot in the RoH by trashing former teammates and the fans......then recanting. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: True, but the stack up is what he gave on the field compared to what others like Krumrie, Parrish, etc gave. Dillon has no claim on being the next in.

This. It's really that simple.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Know what I LOVE?

Players who were both really good and really humble.
Reply/Quote