Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-07-2023, 06:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with what everyone else said as it is way too early for CD to be considered. Dillon was damn good RB though, but heck,
people could argue for Rudi in front of him just because of productivity behind a better OL. BTW I like your list ahead of CD for
sure Sunset. Would add Krumrie though, that dude was a tough sumbitch back in the day to run on.

Fulcher the Vulture is also an all time great Bengal. Same with Isaac Curtis.

Those are some great and very deserving Bengals.  Like I said earlier, the ones I listed were just the first 5 to pop in my mind at the moment. (While I was taking a quick mental break at work)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 10:46 AM)jason Wrote: People keep talking about the way he left, but in the last 30 years basically no star player has left on good terms. Geno just ghosted, and AJ Green was subtly unhappy. Maybe this changes moving forward. I don't think you can tell the story of the Cincinnati Bengals without Corey Dillon.

Not true at all. Many star players have left and went out the door thanking the Brown family and Bengals fans on their way out. Bates just left a little disgruntled, but with class, as did Whitworth. Leon Hall, Gio, the list is too long to even think about posting. The only person to bad mouth the organization a badly as Dillon was Palmer....... both of who the Bengals gave record setting contracts.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seems Corey Dillon is taking issue with not being elected to the Bengals Ring of Honor yet. I agree he's deserving, but does he really think he should be in before three HoFers and two other potential HoF candidates? What say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081784-corey-dillon-blasts-bengals-for-near-criminal-omission-from-teams-ring-of-honor

I concur. He deserves it? Totally, but not before those players.
[Image: 200w.webp]

"Be successful in proportion to the caliber of people you are".   Cool

-Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 07:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not true at all. Many star players have left and went out the door thanking the Brown family and Bengals fans on their way out. Bates just left a little disgruntled, but with class, as did Whitworth. Leon Hall, Gio, the list is too long to even think about posting. The only person to bad mouth the organization a badly as Dillon was Palmer....... both of who the Bengals gave record setting contracts.

That is the odd part about it because they were the ones royally compensated monetarily by MB. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I heard Solomon Wilcots talking about it on the radio earlier. He really did a great job of explaining how good of player Dillon was. Really exceptional.

I was late on the segment, but I felt he, somehow, didn't grasp the Bengals Ring of Honor is still an infant. If it had been around for a decade, I could understand it more, but come on. Wait your turn. Also, he won't sniff the NFL Hall of Fame.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 06:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with all of that, but is there a reason to shit on the fans, Scott Mitchell, and Jon Kitna twenty years after the fact? That's where he loses me. One thing you never do when you're a part of a *team*, shit on your teammates. 

Also, let's not act like he didn't get in trouble for beating his wife, twice. You can't forget that no other teams were willing to take a chance on him coming out of Washington due to character concerns. The Bengals also made him the highest paid player in franchise history at the time. It's not as one sided as Corey is letting on.

Sorry, i'm just not one to get my feelings hurt about a player speaking his mind and i don't care if my athletes are saints. The HoF is littered with players that had checkered pasts. He's simply saying, based on what he did on the field, he deserves it. And he does. He doesn't care about sugar-coating it and placating people. That's the way he's always been, and for me, that's fine. 

People can be upset about what he said, that's their right. I'm just not and i feel that he is one of the two most deserving to go in this year. He went out there every time, did everything he humanly could and just wanted to win. He said in the interview it's not just a Bengals thing. It's about all of it; RoH, HoF and it includes the Pats too--whatever that's about.

"Did I not play? And don’t make this a Cincinnati thing, because I’m about to get on the Pats’ ass, too. It’s coming. I’m coming for it all. Give it to me while I’m breathing. If anybody wants to disagree, just go look at the f—ing numbers and have a Coke and smile."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 05:48 PM)pally Wrote: He can say whatever he wants about the organization.

I thought he was disrespectful to the Bengal greats who were selected for the Ring of Honor before him and disrespectful to the fans who obviously understand Bengal history or they wouldn't have made the obvious correct decisions about the first 4 fan-voted inductees

Based on the interview, the only one that is in, that he feels he should be in over, is Willie. 

"I never played this game for a popularity vote. Never have. I played the game to win. And win and win and win again. I don’t know how this came off about, “Oh, we like him more.” Who gives a f—? Go out there and win games. To be honest, to keep it real, I’m the most decorated Bengal, period, outside of Anthony Muñoz — much respect; that’s one of my idols. He put in the work. So did both Kens (Riley and Anderson). Other than that, I should have been the next dude on."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 06:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with what everyone else said as it is way too early for CD to be considered. Dillon was damn good RB though, but heck,
people could argue for Rudi in front of him just because of productivity behind a better OL.
BTW I like your list ahead of CD for
sure Sunset. Would add Krumrie though, that dude was a tough sumbitch back in the day to run on.

Fulcher the Vulture is also an all time great Bengal. Same with Isaac Curtis.

Only people on drugs could make that argument. Rudi couldn't carry Dillon's jock with a good Oline. 

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only people on drugs could make that argument. Rudi couldn't carry Dillon's jock with a good Oline. 

Cedric benson, Perine, Jeremy hill, and the list goes on… would have put up rudi production with that OLine. In addition to better OLines, these guys played with substantially better teams.

Dillon had NOTHING. I’m not sure Dillon belongs in the hall of fame, but absolutely bengals ring of honor. It’ll happen in a few years.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only people on drugs could make that argument. Rudi couldn't carry Dillon's jock with a good Oline. 

Yep... I don't get the too early for Dillon argument either. He's the franchise career leader in rushing, and it's gonna stay that way. I guess some people view it as a congeniality contest. This current offense would be unstoppable with Corey Dillon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 02:49 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... I don't get the too early for Dillon argument either. He's the franchise career leader in rushing, and it's gonna stay that way. I guess some people view it as a congeniality contest. This current offense would be unstoppable with Corey Dillon.

It's def not too early. Dillon and Willie, to me, are on the same trajectory. Both are deserving and the fans decided to vote Willie in first. I don't know if Dillon has some inside info and knows he wasn't selected this year or what, but if he was, it will be interesting to see the reaction when it's announced. I just know how silly i feel when i explode and then find out i was wrong almost right away. It's like, "whoopsie, where's the nearest rock to climb under plz?"

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 10:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's def not too early. Dillon and Willie, to me, are on the same trajectory. Both are deserving and the fans decided to vote Willie in first. I don't know if Dillon has some inside info and knows he wasn't selected this year or what, but if he was, it will be interesting to see the reaction when it's announced. I just know how silly i feel when i explode and then find out i was wrong almost right away. It's like, "whoopsie, where's the nearest rock to climb under plz?"

For sure... When ever he gets in the ceremony would be a lil awkward. That'd be the same even if these last comments weren't made. I'd always had the feeling he wouldn't get voted in right away. This thread is a pretty good snapshot of the fan base's view of Corey. He's every bit as polarizing as Andy Dalton. They're sorta the bizzaro versions of each other.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sorry, i'm just not one to get my feelings hurt about a player speaking his mind and i don't care if my athletes are saints. The HoF is littered with players that had checkered pasts. He's simply saying, based on what he did on the field, he deserves it. And he does. He doesn't care about sugar-coating it and placating people. That's the way he's always been, and for me, that's fine. 

People can be upset about what he said, that's their right. I'm just not and i feel that he is one of the two most deserving to go in this year. He went out there every time, did everything he humanly could and just wanted to win. He said in the interview it's not just a Bengals thing. It's about all of it; RoH, HoF and it includes the Pats too--whatever that's about.

"Did I not play? And don’t make this a Cincinnati thing, because I’m about to get on the Pats’ ass, too. It’s coming. I’m coming for it all. Give it to me while I’m breathing. If anybody wants to disagree, just go look at the f—ing numbers and have a Coke and smile."

He does, but Mr. Self-Important thinks he's the only one who deserves it evidently. Everyone named so far, and many who haven't been named yet, are just as deserving, if not more. Dillon has always been a real tool, and he hasn't changed. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those are some great and very deserving Bengals.  Like I said earlier, the ones I listed were just the first 5 to pop in my mind at the moment. (While I was taking a quick mental break at work)

Yeah I figured.

True enough and about everybody is on drugs now a days. Might be some nut job that would argue Rudi over Dillon even though 
Dillon was ten times the RB in every way.

(07-08-2023, 12:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Cedric benson, Perine, Jeremy hill, and the list goes on… would have put up rudi production with that OLine.  In addition to better OLines, these guys played with substantially better teams.

Dillon had NOTHING.  I’m not sure Dillon belongs in the hall of fame, but absolutely bengals ring of honor.  It’ll happen in a few years.

Also true.

(07-08-2023, 02:49 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... I don't get the too early for Dillon argument either. He's the franchise career leader in rushing, and it's gonna stay that way. I guess some people view it as a congeniality contest. This current offense would be unstoppable with Corey Dillon.

Just hope Chase Brown is even somewhere in Dillon's stratosphere. Brown is really fast with great balance. Not near the power of CD
though. Might be a better pass catcher out of the backfield too. Hope this OL really is up to par it could be fun.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 01:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah I figured.

True enough and about everybody is on drugs now a days. Might be some nut job that would argue Rudi over Dillon even though 
Dillon was ten times the RB in every way.

Also true.

Just hope Chase Brown is even somewhere in Dillon's stratosphere. Brown is really fast with great balance. Not near the power of CD
though. Might be a better pass catcher out of the backfield too. Hope this OL really is up to par it could be fun.

You and me both... I'm really pulling for Brown to at least grab a 50/50 backfield share.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 10:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's def not too early. Dillon and Willie, to me, are on the same trajectory. Both are deserving and the fans decided to vote Willie in first. I don't know if Dillon has some inside info and knows he wasn't selected this year or what, but if he was, it will be interesting to see the reaction when it's announced. I just know how silly i feel when i explode and then find out i was wrong almost right away. It's like, "whoopsie, where's the nearest rock to climb under plz?"

The thing that makes it so bad faulk, like has been said, we should have had a ring of honor years ago. Hell decades ago!! There's still a couple handfuls of very good Bengals players who deserve consideration who played years and years before Dillon.

Us old schoolers just remember all the ancient ones and think they should get in before guys that played not so long ago. Willie is the only relative noob in. I absolutely believe Dillon should be in, in a couple more years.
Reply/Quote
Help, I’m being held accountable for burning bridges.I
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 05:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The thing that makes it so bad faulk, like has been said, we should have had a ring of honor years ago. Hell decades ago!! There's still a couple handfuls of very good Bengals players who deserve consideration who played years and years before Dillon.

Us old schoolers just remember all the ancient ones and think they should get in before guys that played not so long ago. Willie is the only relative noob in. I absolutely believe Dillon should be in, in a couple more years.

I wonder when the Bengals will decide they're "caught up" with the decades from past.  Surely we won't be voting in 2 players every year for the next 50.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Dillon claimed one of the reasons was that most of season ticket holders now never seen him play.

Yet that does not hold water per everybody already voted in was drafted before him. Most way before.

Am fine if he was already voted in, am also fine with the ones voted in before him and him waiting his turn.

Everybody saying his attitude should not matter are right, but that's not reality. If you're a star employee at your job but you're an a-hole to your boss always, why would you expect him to honor you years down the road ? Especially if you threw a tantrum on the way out about him.

Dillon should be happy the owner gave the fans a vote because that means he was destine to get inducted and probably still is headed there. Highly doubt MB would do it if was his decision. Corey should thank him for putting it to a fan vote.

Odd that some fans are so hurt over it with so many Bengals players worthy still. I mean there has only been 5 players inducted so far. Would put Corey somewhere in the top ten, but not top 5.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 05:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: I wonder when the Bengals will decide they're "caught up" with the decades from past.  Surely we won't be voting in 2 players every year for the next 50.  

I don't even like the two at a time method. They could do 2 a year but give each guy his own night.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote