Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-06-2023, 10:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Too many people get wrapped up in someone's attitude and the things they say. It seems to me, people forget just how shitty this team was in the 90s and right before Marv got here. Not just on the field but the entire thing with MB running it. 

Go play under that guy's management for a while and get back to me. I don't hold a single word he says about the Bengals franchise, of that time, against him. 

I agree with all of that, but is there a reason to shit on the fans, Scott Mitchell, and Jon Kitna twenty years after the fact? That's where he loses me. One thing you never do when you're a part of a *team*, shit on your teammates. 

Also, let's not act like he didn't get in trouble for beating his wife, twice. You can't forget that no other teams were willing to take a chance on him coming out of Washington due to character concerns. The Bengals also made him the highest paid player in franchise history at the time. It's not as one sided as Corey is letting on.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Jason is a little over the top, but here's some perspective from the opposite viewpoint of Corey. A lot of good points here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/williams-why-ex-cincinnati-bengals-running-back-corey-dillon-doesn-t-deserve-team-honor/ar-AA1dxjEd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=555a926c039d48ac9984ebea42df04b6&ei=9

Reply/Quote
Cory Who???
Reply/Quote
This just shows, again, what kind of a person Corey Dillon is, and he's still the self-important self-entitled dude who threw his equipment in the stands and bashed the organization on his way out the door. This latest episode will likely delay his entry to the ROH even further. I would doubt he'll ever make the Hall.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:08 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I personally don't like a player or coach asking for escalades when people decide when it is appropriate. I would rule him out for now.

Yeah.  If and when he gets in it kind of taints the moment.  Some fans may not be all-receiving now.  May hear some Bronx Cheers.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 09:32 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Agreed, and also Mitchell.  That was rather tacky.

I'd put Brooks in ahead of him, especially now.  Brooks was the better all around player, and rarely came off the field.  But Dillon does deserve his props.  He was a better player than Jerome Bettis, or at least better longer.

I'd put Pete Johnson in ahead of him as well just on attitude.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 07:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with these, but feel he falls right after this group

I'd put Krumrie in ahead of him. He was the heart and soul of the Super Bowl defense and if he hadn't broken his leg, we would have beaten the 9ers that year.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 09:05 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Yeah.  If and when he gets in it kind of taints the moment.  Some fans may not be all-receiving now.  May hear some Bronx Cheers.

This is a eye opening moment for Dunlap as well. While he did not go full Dillon on his way out, he took his shots too. If he ever wants to go up there he has some repairing to do himself. 
Players I would put in before Dillon....

Parrish
Krumrie
Boomer
Brooks
Chad
AJ
Atkins
Casanova
Montoya
Whitworth
Pete Johnson
Reggie Williams
Carl Pickens
Louis Breeden
Isaac Curtis
Chris Collinsworth (yeah, I held my nose typing that one)

Dillon may have been "better" than some of these, but they were better Bengals, and that's part of the ROH.
Reply/Quote
If it were up to me, he would never even be on a voting ballot. The way he left here was childish and embarrassing. Players PROUD to be former Bengals deserve the recognition, not a guy who didn’t want to answer his phone on draft day!
Reply/Quote
People keep talking about the way he left, but in the last 30 years basically no star player has left on good terms. Geno just ghosted, and AJ Green was subtly unhappy. Maybe this changes moving forward. I don't think you can tell the story of the Cincinnati Bengals without Corey Dillon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Corey was the best running back we've ever had & it's not even close. He also was on some of the worst teams we've ever had. His game against Denver was the greatest game by any Bengal ever & will never be topped. WTS I wish he would talk better about his time here, he was his best here. He should be blaming MIKE MIKE MIKE, Mike is the one who was trying to get 100% ownership at the cost of the team being terrible.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seems Corey Dillon is taking issue with not being elected to the Bengals Ring of Honor yet. I agree he's deserving, but does he really think he should be in before three HoFers and two other potential HoF candidates? What say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081784-corey-dillon-blasts-bengals-for-near-criminal-omission-from-teams-ring-of-honor

id be a lot more understanding about him being upset if we had put rudi or some other RB in there....  but we only get 2 names a year...  dillion is high on the list of people that should go in.  He just might have to wait another year or two

I hope he as he says still breathing when that comes.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 12:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: id be a lot more understanding about him being upset if we had put rudi or some other RB in there....  but we only get 2 names a year...  dillion is high on the list of people that should go in.  He just might have to wait another year or two

I hope he as he says still breathing when that comes.

Right. Have a little patience my man. His time should come. It's only been a thing for two years.

Reply/Quote
Corey was all we had during the Dark Ages. Everywhere I was stationed folks would laugh because I was a big Bengals fan. My only retort was 'Hey we have Corey Dillon."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is not football. This is the Ring of Honor. It's totally a fan-dictated thing. This team has had enough trouble over the years doing everything in-house with the blinds closed. What a travesty that would be to not involve the fans in something like this.

No one's talking about Kitna or Mitchell. That point doesn't even make sense. Say Boomer, say Chad, say Krumrie- say someone who's actually being considered. Then we can talk. Stop reaching for a low-hanging fruit that isn't even on the tree.

More importantly, this team sucked while Dillon was around. Those are the worst years in franchise history. To get in ahead of players on teams that actually saw success (even went to the Super Bowl) would be insane. For example, I never saw Curtis play and his numbers are pedestrian by today's standards. To some extent the same applies to Riley. But they're both widely revered by OG fans and they played on some exceptional teams.

I don't care what kind of "stats" Dillon was putting up for the laughingstock of the NFL. There's no comparison. It makes me sick to think about those years. That legacy was so putrid it held them back for decades; some critics hold it against them to this day. You're a running back, man. You should know how to stay in your lane.

I'd love to hear what this diva has to say about Belichick. He's "comin' with the receipts"- yeah I bet. The only one he's making a fool of is himself.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd put Krumrie in ahead of him. He was the heart and soul of the Super Bowl defense and if he hadn't broken his leg, we would have beaten the 9ers that year.

Krumrie is getting my vote every year until he's in.  Corey can get as mad as he wants.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 10:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Too many people get wrapped up in someone's attitude and the things they say. It seems to me, people forget just how shitty this team was in the 90s and right before Marv got here. Not just on the field but the entire thing with MB running it. 

Go play under that guy's management for a while and get back to me. I don't hold a single word he says about the Bengals franchise, of that time, against him. 

He can say whatever he wants about the organization.

I thought he was disrespectful to the Bengal greats who were selected for the Ring of Honor before him and disrespectful to the fans who obviously understand Bengal history or they wouldn't have made the obvious correct decisions about the first 4 fan-voted inductees

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dude is still a whiney little *****. He's STILL crying about his time in Cincinnati WHILE WANTING TO BE IN THEIR RING OF HONOR. WTF?!

Should he be in the ROH? Based on play and ability? ABSOLUTELY

Will he ever get another one of my votes for it again? NEVER

WTF is wrong with this dude?
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since we all pretty much seem to agree that it's not CD's turn yet, maybe it would be fun to see whom everyone thinks should be ahead of him.

I'll get it started with the first 5 off the top of my head.

Whitworth
Boomer
Chad Johnson
AJ Green
Geno Atkins

Agree with what everyone else said as it is way too early for CD to be considered. Dillon was damn good RB though, but heck,
people could argue for Rudi in front of him just because of productivity behind a better OL. BTW I like your list ahead of CD for
sure Sunset. Would add Krumrie though, that dude was a tough sumbitch back in the day to run on.

Fulcher the Vulture is also an all time great Bengal. Same with Isaac Curtis.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 02:59 PM)tms Wrote: This is not football. This is the Ring of Honor. It's totally a fan-dictated thing. This team has had enough trouble over the years doing everything in-house with the blinds closed. What a travesty that would be to not involve the fans in something like this.

No one's talking about Kitna or Mitchell. That point doesn't even make sense. Say Boomer, say Chad, say Krumrie- say someone who's actually being considered. Then we can talk. Stop reaching for a low-hanging fruit that isn't even on the tree.

More importantly, this team sucked while Dillon was around. Those are the worst years in franchise history. To get in ahead of players on teams that actually saw success (even went to the Super Bowl) would be insane. For example, I never saw Curtis play and his numbers are pedestrian by today's standards. To some extent the same applies to Riley. But they're both widely revered by OG fans and they played on some exceptional teams.

I don't care what kind of "stats" Dillon was putting up for the laughingstock of the NFL. There's no comparison. It makes me sick to think about those years. That legacy was so putrid it held them back for decades; some critics hold it against them to this day. You're a running back, man. You should know how to stay in your lane.

I'd love to hear what this diva has to say about Belichick. He's "comin' with the receipts"- yeah I bet. The only one he's making a fool of is himself.

I don't know. It's pretty impressive to put up big rushing numbers on a really bad team. He definitely didn't rack up those number while the Bengals were milking leads. He was about all we had, and you still couldn't stop him. I actually think he's sorta underrated. I get it though; he's abrasive.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote