Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-07-2023, 08:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This just shows, again, what kind of a person Corey Dillon is, and he's still the self-important self-entitled dude who threw his equipment in the stands and bashed the organization on his way out the door. This latest episode will likely delay his entry to the ROH even further. I would doubt he'll ever make the Hall.

This is it exactly.  

Only a dude that would throw his pads into the stands after his last game would complain about the team 20 years later.

He hasn't changed, he's still toxic.  If the ring of honor goes beyond stats then Dillon has no business being in it.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 07:24 PM)jason Wrote: I don't even like the two at a time method. They could do 2 a year but give each guy his own night.

Agree

I think they should do 3 a year for a couple years then down to 2 for a couple years. But give them their own night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'll be in the ROH, when the time is right.  However, for the same reasons that others have stated, I agree that it's simply not his turn yet.

This a fan vote and it was set uo to be holistic look at a player and it is Doubtful the ge gets in over rhe next 5 to 7 years
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 05:17 PM)jason Wrote: You and me both... I'm really pulling for Brown to at least grab a 50/50 backfield share.

Said it before the Draft Chase Brown and Bijan Robinson were about the 2 RB's that fit our Offense the most.

Both were capable pass protectors in college and both had fantastic balance and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Cannot believe we got him in the 5th round. Shocked
Reply/Quote
Dillon's greatest performances are some of my best game day memories. I hated the way things ended up. But everyone hated the ownership back then. Things have changed but people haven't forgotten.

Dillon acts like anyone has had reason to think that he would even want an honor from the Bengals. If he wouldn't want to flip burgers for the Brown family why would he show up to accept a jacket? Even now?

It would have gone a long way if he had just said, "I just wanted to win for these fans and didn't feel like ownership was doing everything they should to make that happen. I know there have been some great Bengal players in franchise history and I'd be honored to be selected among them."
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon did an interview two days ago with our very own Bengals Jim... he honestly came off very likeable and honest/raw. I thought it was a well-organized interview and Jim did a very good job.

I do find it a little sad/pathetic that Dillon on his social media identifies as a Patriot. Seems like he does have a huge grudge against the Bengals ownership.

Dillon did mention he would accept the ruler of the jungle offer if was made... we will see I'd like for him to be more involved with the Bengals but he does a lot of traveling and doesn't seem to follow much football anymore.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 10:54 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Corey Dillon did an interview two days ago with our very own Bengals Jim... he honestly came off very likeable and honest/raw.  I thought it was a well-organized interview and Jim did a very good job.

I do find it a little sad/pathetic that Dillon on his social media identifies as a Patriot. Seems like he does have a huge grudge against the Bengals ownership.

Dillon did mention he would accept the ruler of the jungle offer if was made... we will see I'd like for him to be more involved with the Bengals but he does a lot of traveling and doesn't seem to follow much football anymore.

I do like that he made the effort to clarify his statements. I also agree with what Boomer had to say.... it's new, be patient, there were a lot deserving older players that need recognized first. Boomer noted that he felt there were players that deserve before himself as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sorry, i'm just not one to get my feelings hurt about a player speaking his mind and i don't care if my athletes are saints. The HoF is littered with players that had checkered pasts. He's simply saying, based on what he did on the field, he deserves it. And he does. He doesn't care about sugar-coating it and placating people. That's the way he's always been, and for me, that's fine. 

People can be upset about what he said, that's their right. I'm just not and i feel that he is one of the two most deserving to go in this year. He went out there every time, did everything he humanly could and just wanted to win. He said in the interview it's not just a Bengals thing. It's about all of it; RoH, HoF and it includes the Pats too--whatever that's about.

"Did I not play? And don’t make this a Cincinnati thing, because I’m about to get on the Pats’ ass, too. It’s coming. I’m coming for it all. Give it to me while I’m breathing. If anybody wants to disagree, just go look at the f—ing numbers and have a Coke and smile."

It doesn't hurt my feelings, I just don't feel that's the way to go about it. Had he just dumped on the front office, I would be totally onboard. To be honest, the thing that did bother me the most was the remarks about his former teammates. You just shouldn't do that. I agree about everything you say about Corey here.....but so did Jon Kitna. He just wasn't nearly as physically gifted. So why throw shade at him? 

Now, after last night, we have clarification on what he meant and it isn't as bad as he made it sound initially. I guess he just needs to breathe a little and think about how he puts things. I think if this conversation is still being had in a couple of years, his beef is legit. 

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 05:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The thing that makes it so bad faulk, like has been said, we should have had a ring of honor years ago. Hell decades ago!! There's still a couple handfuls of very good Bengals players who deserve consideration who played years and years before Dillon.

Us old schoolers just remember all the ancient ones and think they should get in before guys that played not so long ago. Willie is the only relative noob in. I absolutely believe Dillon should be in, in a couple more years.

Absolutely my thoughts on the matter as well.

Reply/Quote
Heard the interview. I still don't know what he wants. I don't think even Corey knows what he wants. The whole thing comes across as silly. He wants to sit down with Mike Brown or whomever and hash it out? Hash what out? Also says it's not about the fans, he loves the fans, but never actually specifies what he loves about the fans. Sounds like the worst, most insincere diplomat of all-time lol

As far as being the next inductee into the RoH, bollocks to that too. Makes no sense. It's not that he's not deserving, it's that there are far *more deserving guys ahead of him, as many of y'all have already mentioned. And those are guys from good teams that inspired positive memories, both individually and collectively. The team is trying to build something special here. You're not gonna start with the dude who played during the decade-long funeral: "Who Dey Bengals fans! From the crappiest era in franchise history, our STAR! Corey Dillon!" Nonsense.

If dude wants to take it up with Mike Brown, either take it directly to Brown or be clear about what you mean. The vagaries make everyone look bad. Mikey's probably listening to this like, "What do you want me to do?!"

Also think Bengal Jim did a brutal job in this interview, no offense. Had to say it lol. Hyperbolizing Dillon's contributions to team history is clearly not what he needs. Say it once maybe to be polite- but over and over and over? Maybe it's just me but I thought it was cringeworthy. And asking him to be Ruler of the Jungle? Another case where: 1) it's not his jam, why are we asking; 2) it's not his turn regardless.

Glad they got him on the line, though. I will give them credit for that. And the Sam segment was enjoyable. But the less said about the 90s, the better. It's not a period that needs to be eulogized twenty years hence. It eulogized itself in the moment.
Reply/Quote
all dillon does is complain. he did when he was here an pretty much every since. not sure its a good idea to tick of the fans that have to vote
Reply/Quote
Loved watching Corey pound it for us. Shit way to leave the club though. Let him wait there are more worthy candidates from era before him to go first.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 06:28 PM)tms Wrote: Heard the interview. I still don't know what he wants. I don't think even Corey knows what he wants. The whole thing comes across as silly. He wants to sit down with Mike Brown or whomever and hash it out? Hash what out? Also says it's not about the fans, he loves the fans, but never actually specifies what he loves about the fans. Sounds like the worst, most insincere diplomat of all-time lol

As far as being the next inductee into the RoH, bollocks to that too. Makes no sense. It's not that he's not deserving, it's that there are far *more deserving guys ahead of him, as many of y'all have already mentioned. And those are guys from good teams that inspired positive memories, both individually and collectively. The team is trying to build something special here. You're not gonna start with the dude who played during the decade-long funeral: "Who Dey Bengals fans! From the crappiest era in franchise history, our STAR! Corey Dillon!" Nonsense.

If dude wants to take it up with Mike Brown, either take it directly to Brown or be clear about what you mean. The vagaries make everyone look bad. Mikey's probably listening to this like, "What do you want me to do?!"

Also think Bengal Jim did a brutal job in this interview, no offense. Had to say it lol. Hyperbolizing Dillon's contributions to team history is clearly not what he needs. Say it once maybe to be polite- but over and over and over? Maybe it's just me but I thought it was cringeworthy. And asking him to be Ruler of the Jungle? Another case where: 1) it's not his jam, why are we asking; 2) it's not his turn regardless.

Glad they got him on the line, though. I will give them credit for that. And the Sam segment was enjoyable. But the less said about the 90s, the better. It's not a period that needs to be eulogized twenty years hence. It eulogized itself in the moment.

I have never cared for Dillon's attitude.  That said, I don't think you can push guys back down the line because they played part of their careers in the "Lost Decade.". Strange that that didn't rub off onto Willie Anderson.

Honestly, the fact that Dillon was able to accomplish incredible things, including breaking Jim Brown's rookie single game rushing record and Walter Payton's single game rushing record, on some brutally bad teams only makes him more deserving, not less.  
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 10:15 AM)Whatever Wrote: I have never cared for Dillon's attitude.  That said, I don't think you can push guys back down the line because they played part of their careers in the "Lost Decade.". Strange that that didn't rub off onto Willie Anderson.

Honestly, the fact that Dillon was able to accomplish incredible things, including breaking Jim Brown's rookie single game rushing record and Walter Payton's single game rushing record, on some brutally bad teams only makes him more deserving, not less.  

The argument is the ROH goes beyond stats.

Honoring a player that is only in the news when he’s hating on the bengals seems counterproductive to the cause
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 10:15 AM)Whatever Wrote: I have never cared for Dillon's attitude.  That said, I don't think you can push guys back down the line because they played part of their careers in the "Lost Decade.". Strange that that didn't rub off onto Willie Anderson.

Willie getting inducted in the first 5 players ever in the RoH proves the "lost decade" does not effect the balloting. 

Plus Willie stuck it out and brought the team to an 11-5 season. Dillon fled after one year with Marvin and the team clearly on the rise. Not on good terms either, yet that should not stop him from getting inducted, but may slow it down.

Oddly if you look back Willie came to the Bengals after a 7-9 year and slightly improved Bengals to 8-8 in his first year.

Dillon came in the following year and the team fell back slightly to 7-9. Yet as good as Dillion was they immediately plummeted to 3-13, then 4-12, then 4-12 again, then went up to 6-10, yet then back down to 2-14. Despite him being great something was holding them back. 

Then in his last season before the hissy fit was thrown and him leaving in FA for greener pastures (which worked out well for him), the Bengals went to 8-8. This was right after adding what was perceived as the genius who orchestrated the Ravens smothering SB Champions defense in Marvin. People and players were excited for the teams trajectory, except for Corey their highest paid player. Willie stayed the course and remained a fan favorite though. 

So as great as Dillon was, the fact remains the team was better the couple years before his arrival and definitely better immediately after he left.  Going 3 straight years without a losing season after losing Dillon. Could have possibly been a playoff team had Corey stayed, heck they went 11-5 in the 2nd year after his departure and were a playoff team.  So just maybe it was his attitude that hamstrung the team. Chemistry is more important than some think.

As Ive said before, am fine with Corey being included in this RoH eventually. But him and others are acting like this is a done deal and he has gotten the shaft. 

Remember there has only been 5 players inducted and this thing is still in its infancy. It is not a Kenny Anderson case against the real HoF where we know he was shafted by all the time that has passed and the many inductees not as worthy inducted since. 

People are acting like the names Dillon so rudely slandered are already inducted and that he was never getting in, and pretty sure that is not the case. 

Years they played on non losing Bengals teams despite only being drafted a year apart
Willie 5
Dillon 1

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 06:28 PM)tms Wrote: Heard the interview. I still don't know what he wants. I don't think even Corey knows what he wants. The whole thing comes across as silly. He wants to sit down with Mike Brown or whomever and hash it out? Hash what out? Also says it's not about the fans, he loves the fans, but never actually specifies what he loves about the fans. Sounds like the worst, most insincere diplomat of all-time lol

Keep in mind that Jim is a fan not a reporter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says Dillon doesn't deserve to be in the ROH it's just a matter of when.

In another lifetime if the Bengals in the 90's didn't suck so bad Dillon may of been viewed as a top 3 RB all time if the 8 man box wasn't a huge issue. In that sense I kinda understand his frustration he was an elite talent that constantly had to carry a team of fringe NFL players.

I'm a 91 baby however so Dillon was my RB so slightly biased :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Willie getting inducted in the first 5 players ever in the RoH proves the "lost decade" does not effect the balloting. 

Plus Willie stuck it out and brought the team to an 11-5 season. Dillon fled after one year with Marvin and the team clearly on the rise. Not on good terms either, yet that should not stop him from getting inducted, but may slow it down.

Oddly if you look back Willie came to the Bengals after a 7-9 year and slightly improved Bengals to 8-8 in his first year.

Dillon came in the following year and the team fell back slightly to 7-9. Yet as good as Dillion was they immediately plummeted to 3-13, then 4-12, then 4-12 again, then went up to 6-10, yet then back down to 2-14. Despite him being great something was holding them back. 

Then in his last season before the hissy fit was thrown and him leaving in FA for greener pastures (which worked out well for him), the Bengals went to 8-8. This was right after adding the what was perceived as the genius who orchestrated the Ravens smothering SB Champions defense in Marvin. People and players were excited for the teams trajectory, except for Corey their highest paid player. Willie stayed the course and remained a fan favorite though. 

So as great as Dillon was, the fact remains the team was better the couple years before his arrival and definitely better immediately after he left.  Going 3 straight years without a losing season after losing Dillon. Could have possibly been a playoff team had Corey stayed, heck they went 11-5 in the 2nd year after his departure and was a playoff team.  So just maybe it was his attitude that hamstrung the team. Chemistry is more important than some think.

As Ive said before, am fine with Corey being included in this RoH eventually. But him and others are acting like this is a done deal and he has gotten the shaft. 

Remember there has only been 5 players inducted and this thing is still in its infancy. It is not a Kenny Anderson case against the real HoF where we know he was shafted by all the time that has passed and the many inductees not as worthy inducted since. 

People are acting like the names Dillon so rudely slandered are already inducted and that he was never getting in, and pretty sure that is not the case. 

Years they played on non losing Bengals teams
Willie 5
Dillon 1

All true, will add that Willie had much better QB play in those years though. Palmer was way better than what Dillon had at QB.

Cannot all be on the RB's back to win games. But everything you say here is pretty spot on, especially about Dillon's attitude.

That wouldn't fly here today under Zac and company. 

But hey, Dillon went to the Pats and there was no probs under Billy B so I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon- Throws his equipment into the stands and proclaims he would rather flip burgers than play in Cincinnati.
Also Corey Dillon- Bengals start Ring of Honor...."Hey guys, what about me, I wanna be honored?"

It's a Ring of Honor, not a ring of stats.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, will add that Willie had much better QB play in those years though. Palmer was way better than what Dillon had at QB.

Cannot all be on the RB's back to win games. But everything you say here is pretty spot on, especially about Dillon's attitude.

That wouldn't fly here today under Zac and company. 

But hey, Dillon went to the Pats and there was no probs under Billy B so I could be wrong.

agree and it is true Palmer was better at the beginning than Corey played with. But that was by his choice, he knew Bengals had the very 1st pick in the draft and probably would select Palmer who was the Heisman Trophy winner and was the consensus #1 overall pick as well. It was the choice Corey made and it worked out well getting him a SB ring, bravissimo. Don't blame him at all, but the shade he threw on the way out the door at Bengals was unnecessary. Now he cries because the teammate who stuck it out through thick and thin with the Bengals was honored before him ? 

(07-12-2023, 05:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Corey Dillon- Throws his equipment into the stands and proclaims he would rather flip burgers than play in Cincinnati.
Also Corey Dillon- Bengals start Ring of Honor...."Hey guys, what about me, I wanna be honored?"

It's a Ring of Honor, not a ring of stats.

Yep 

Some athletes cant seem to take it when their limelight flickers dim. 

He is a very talented back no doubt. Yet to say the things he did and then be mad he was not selected in the very 1st five players inducted on a team he hated is kind of absurd. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote