Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerback
What do we want to see happen at cornerback? We basically have Awuzie and Hilton.

Bengals weren't great defending the pass last year. We obviously have to upgrade either in FA or the draft. Knowing how much the Bengals value CB, I have this weird feeling they are going to sign a tier 1 or 2 guy in FA.

Who do we like?

JC Jackson
Stephon Gilmore
Carlton Davis
Charvrious Ward
Casey Heyward
Steven Nelson
Darius Williams
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The draft
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What do we want to see happen at cornerback? We basically have Awuzie and Hilton.

Bengals weren't great defensing the pass last year. We obviously have to upgrade either in FA or the draft. Knowing how much the Bengals value CB, I have this weird feeling they are going to sign a tier 1 or 2 guy in FA.

Who do we like?

JC Jackson
Stephon Gilmore
Carlton Davis
Charvrious Ward
Casey Heyward
Steven Nelson
Darius Williams

You dont have any of mine... 

CB1 options:
Donte Jackson (borderline T1/T2)   (one of the fastest CBs in the league and an LSU guy). 10M
Rasul Douglas (T2). (6'2, 26 yrs old, Packers want to keep him but ran out of money). 6.75M

Depth/Develop
Ahkello Witherspoon  (6'2, 26 yrs old) 4M

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What do we want to see happen at cornerback? We basically have Awuzie and Hilton.

Bengals weren't great defensing the pass last year. We obviously have to upgrade either in FA or the draft. Knowing how much the Bengals value CB, I have this weird feeling they are going to sign a tier 1 or 2 guy in FA.

Who do we like?

JC Jackson
Stephon Gilmore

Carlton Davis
Charvrious Ward
Casey Heyward
Steven Nelson
Darius Williams

I doubt the cap situation allows the Bengals the freedom to sign both guys in bold, but it would be oh so sweet. My gut is telling me we had a rookie with pick 31.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The draft

We need a vet for sure, I have zero doubt they sign one this week. It may be Apple but they will sign one. (surely)

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I doubt the cap situation allows the Bengals the freedom to sign both guys in bold, but it would be oh so sweet. My gut is telling me we had a rookie with pick 31.

I've been saying for weeks I don't think we make the pick at 31 and I will stand by that even more today. I think Apple will be re-signed or a similar level vet and we will look to day 2 (with extra picks from the trade back from 31) and get a CB to compete along with some additional O line and defensive line help. I would love for them to make a play at a really good #2 CB though if the prices come down in a day or two.
Reply/Quote
I’d be down for Carlton Davis. Otherwise just bring back Apple (on the cheap), and draft a CB early.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: I've been saying for weeks I don't think we make the pick at 31 and I will stand by that even more today. I think Apple will be re-signed or a similar level vet and we will look to day 2 (with extra picks from the trade back from 31) and get a CB to compete along with some additional O line and defensive line help. I would love for them to make a play at a really good #2 CB though if the prices come down in a day or two.

You think they trade the pick for Cowboys OL? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Donte Jackson is my guy. Up and Down career in a badish defense. Reminds me of Awuzie.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Donte Jackson is my guy. Up and Down career in a badish defense. Reminds me of Awuzie.

Yes, sir, I just edited my post above:   (one of the fastest CBs in the league and an LSU guy)

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: I've been saying for weeks I don't think we make the pick at 31 and I will stand by that even more today. I think Apple will be re-signed or a similar level vet and we will look to day 2 (with extra picks from the trade back from 31) and get a CB to compete along with some additional O line and defensive line help. I would love for them to make a play at a really good #2 CB though if the prices come down in a day or two.

Pick #31 will be interesting. OL, CB, and DT are still the leading choices, right? Perhaps a LB?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You think they trade the pick for Cowboys OL? 

I am not sure at this point. Probably don't want something earlier than a day 3 pick and Cowboys probably want a 3rd. The point will come soon thought they have to make a decision on cut vs trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Pick #31 will be interesting. OL, CB, and DT are still the leading choices, right? Perhaps a LB?

The thing is the guys at 31 may not be all that different than 40 for us, but to a team that needs to catch a sliding QB for the 5th year option it could be massive. Getting extra picks as we have done in recent years trading back I think is their ideal move if the board shakes out right.
Reply/Quote
Keep the LSU train going with one of the fastest in the league:

Reply/Quote
Keep working on the oline. They ain’t done til RT upgraded. Apple fits our scheme, his career was swirling the drain before the Bengals. I bet he returns.
Reply/Quote
JC Jackson a Charger.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: JC Jackson a Charger.

How are they going to pay all these guys?

Reply/Quote
JCJ to LAC. I want Carlton Davis or Donte Jackson. Gilmore would obviously be great, but unlikely.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How are they going to pay all these guys?

It's going to bite them eventually. It's not like Derwin or Bosa are ever healthy anyway. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: JC Jackson a Charger.

5 for 82.5 and 40 signing bonus
Reply/Quote