Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(04-05-2021, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if it did go up in 2020 that is not unusual because it had been going up every year for a while.

Which is actually interesting it went backwards. Almost like maybe not going to work made people less suicidal?
Reply/Quote
Got my first shot today and will get the second on May 4th. I think I'm getting a headache, but otherwise I feel fine at the moment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 03:41 PM)Earendil Wrote: Got my first shot today and will get the second on May 4th. I think I'm getting a headache, but otherwise I feel fine at the moment.

You'll feel it tomorrow morning... It's not THAT bad though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: You'll feel it tomorrow morning... It's not THAT bad though.

Probably... LOL

The only thing I'm "concerned" about is my fibromyalgia making everything hurt worse.  But I'm sure it won't be too bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 06:54 PM)Earendil Wrote: Probably... LOL

The only thing I'm "concerned" about is my fibromyalgia making everything hurt worse.  But I'm sure it won't be too bad.

I get my second one Friday.  I never even felt the needle in the 1st.  My arm got minorly sore for about a day and a half. The second one i hear might run you down a bit more the following day. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 08:11 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I get my second one Friday.  I never even felt the needle in the 1st.  My arm got minorly sore for about a day and a half. The second one i hear might run you down a bit more the following day. 

I was the only one in my family that had a reaction to both shots (Moderna).

Tired the with the first one then a few hours of chills.

Second one I was achy and ran a fever of 101 for about 24 hours.

Both times I didn't feel any reaction until 8-12 hours after the shot.

And the second time my are was a lot less sore for a shorter time too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I had a discussion on FB yesterday about masks and the vaccine and one person involved was talking about germs.  I said this is a virus, not a germ.  I was then accused of mansplaing and being too white.  I was speaking with a white man with a tribal tattoo.  That's where we are right now... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 09:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: I had a discussion on FB yesterday about masks and the vaccine and one person involved was talking about germs.  I said this is a virus, not a germ.  I was then accused of mansplaing and being too white.  I was speaking with a white man with a tribal tattoo.  That's where we are right now... Smirk

Update to the conversation:  I am now being called a Nazi.  Good to know?  Cool
Reply/Quote
If letting the government force you to get vaccinated makes you a dumb sheep, does that make people in the military look bad?

Don't they let the government shoot them up with all sorts of stuff?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 06:54 PM)Earendil Wrote: Probably... LOL

Johnson & Johnson's shot put me and the wife on our asses. I kept it together long enough to go and work a full day. She lasted about 2 hours before she went home and stayed bed ridden.

We were both fine after 24 hours.
Reply/Quote
So I ended up with just a headache (which started before the injection, so probably not entirely related) and my arm still hurts. Otherwise, I managed just fine.

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Earendil Wrote: So I ended up with just a headache (which started before the injection, so probably not entirely related) and my arm still hurts. Otherwise, I managed just fine.

Yeah... I barely noticed the shot, but my arm was sore as hell the following 2 days. I had a little knot in it too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Earendil Wrote: So I ended up with just a headache (which started before the injection, so probably not entirely related) and my arm still hurts.  Otherwise, I managed just fine.

It was just the arm for me. Felt heavy for a solid 2 days rather than the couple of hours.

Coworker got the same vaccine and feels like a truck hit him though. Guess it's different for everyone.
Reply/Quote
From what I have read, your reaction to the vaccine is related to your reaction to the actual virus. So if the vaccine hit you hard, getting actual covid-19 would be bad.

Take that with a grain of salt though.
Reply/Quote
Got my 2nd dose of Moderna on Tuesday. Arm was never sore at all but did wake up that night in a cold sweat. Didn't sleep well that night & felt wore out all the next day. But can't say it was the shot itself or just lack of sleep. Never felt sick at all.
Reply/Quote
Ohio, you are embarrassing.

https://youtu.be/2_MqHg4QVqI
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:03 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Ohio, you are embarrassing.

*Rural Ohio

Also... What's up with the random painter's tape on the casing behind Jordan?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:03 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Ohio, you are embarrassing.

That’s what happens when a melodramatic gym coach is exalted to public office. We had one of those around here a while back that used to walk around his private gated community with a side arm ‘just in case’...

This guy should be in jail for being party to the diddling of young men rather than in the halls of Congress.
Reply/Quote
No reaction for me on the first shot. Pfizer. I’m hearing we may need a third shot.

My dad has to go into a rehab facility at a nursing home for a while, and he has to isolate for fourteen days if he is there that long. I assume everyone there who wants to has been vaccinated. He had his vaccines in February, so I’m wondering are we accepting the vaccine or not? Why is a person who was vaccinated two months ago being isolated for fourteen days?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 12:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If letting the government force you to get vaccinated makes you a dumb sheep, does that make people in the military look bad?

Don't they let the government shoot them up with all sorts of stuff?

You know it’s a volunteer army right?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote