Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-25-2020, 11:28 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If you are referencing abortion, you apparently have never seen an abortion video.  That is not the "woman's body".  That is another human being inside the woman's body.  You know, the human beings that you are so worried about dying en masse if people don't wear masks outside.

You mean those “100s of thousands of dead” you can’t be inconvenienced by wearing a mask to protect the living?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:18 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am just disagreeing with the precaution and the level it was taken to.

She escalated the situation by not doing what the police officer told her to do. Right? Or do we get to pick and choose when we don’t want to listen to the cops?

She could have had her day with the school board to change the policy.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You mean those “100s of thousands of dead” you can’t be inconvenienced by wearing a mask to protect the living?

You mean those "10's of millions of dead" you can't be inconvenienced with? 

It is puzzling how you tell me I don't care about peoples lives because of not masking outdoors, but you defend the dismemberment and vacuuming out the parts of living children as they fight for their lives as "woman's rights".  Strange days indeed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: She escalated the situation by not doing what the police officer told her to do. Right? Or do we get to pick and choose when we don’t want to listen to the cops?

She could have had her day with the school board to change the policy.

My opinion is simply that outdoor mask mandates are an overreach.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:26 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: My opinion is simply that outdoor mask mandates are an overreach.  

Again, you admittedly don’t even understand masks. It would be like me asking you your opinion on which antibiotic I should use to treat a 68 y/o female with pyelonephritis. You have no idea so your opinion is irrelevant. Because you don’t understand the most common cause of pyelo in women, which antibiotics are most effective against the most common cause, and which antibiotics to avoid in the elderly who most likely have age related decreased kidney function in order to avoid causing renal failure.

This isn’t even a government mask mandate. It’s a school requirement to protect the students so they don’t have an outbreak so they don’t have to shut down the school.

You’re the one whining about opening things up and the first to complain about doing Step 1 to open things up and keep them open.

Finally, your opinion is irrelevant for this school and this situation. If she had just followed the police officer’s instructions you wouldn’t even be aware of this. Right? Or do people get to pick and choose when not to listen to the police?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:51 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's cool!  I was housed at Ft. Meyer.  That is where they put the USAF Pentagon guys.  I used to walk through Arlington Cemetery all the time from Ft. Meyer to the Metro station on the other side.  I was walking through one Memorial Day (I think) and all of a sudden I see Bill Clinton giving a speech.  lol.

I saw Gen. Powell signing books in the Pentagon book store one day.

oh, nice, so you were right near the heart of it all in DC. I don't know if you ever got up to see the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, but they just did that same thing to the waterfront area in SW not too far from Ft. Myer. Got that happening night life going on over there.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: oh, nice, so you were right near the heart of it all in DC. I don't know if you ever got up to see the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, but they just did that same thing to the waterfront area in SW not too far from Ft. Myer. Got that happening night life going on over there.

Ya, I got there when I was 19.  Lots o f fun.  I got to see so many cool things.  All the monuments, museums, art galleries, Reflecting Pool, Mt Vernon, Arlington Cemetery, etc.  Lots to see.  I walked and Metro'd all over that place.  Got to go up in the Washington Monument right before they started the renovation.  I went down to the Mall for the 4th of July fireworks one time.  That was insane trying to get to the Metro afterwords.  Like little ants fighting to get into a metal tube.   lol.  I think that was in 1999 or 2000.  Somewhere around there.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Florida believed this too. After June, they had 3500 deaths and numbers seemed to be leveled out. They opened back up and now they're sitting at 13,000 deaths. 3000 or so in July. Roughly 4000 in August. On pace for nearly 5000 in September. 

New York was criticized for their high death toll, primarily coming immediately at the start of the pandemic when we knew far less and did not have nearly as many supplies as we needed. Since then, they've leveled off to less than 10 a day.

Florida, despite seeing how to manage this from New York, is on pace to have thousands of more deaths by the end of the year. 

In the 9 reported days since this post, Florida has had another 1008 deaths. 

Naturally it is time to end mask ordinances and open up restaurants completely, 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/florida-governor-lifts-all-restaurant-restrictions-bans-mask-fines-as-covid-19-spreads

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can we trust the CDC?
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/coronavirus-update-cdc-changes-then-deletes-new-guidance-on-airborne-transmission-164441858.html

https://www.gpb.org/news/2020/09/25/political-rewind-the-politicization-of-public-health

Quote: Friday on Political Rewind: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been the gold standard of global public health organizations for many decades. But recent efforts to marginalize and undermine such trusted public health agencies — including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) — are complicating the COVID-19 response.

How does this affect Americans' perceptions and the country's ability to combat coronavirus, particularly when a vaccine does become available? We discuss the politicization of a pandemic.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 08:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the 9 reported days since this post, Florida has had another 1008 deaths. 

Naturally it is time to end mask ordinances and open up restaurants completely, 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/florida-governor-lifts-all-restaurant-restrictions-bans-mask-fines-as-covid-19-spreads

Florida, with no more lockdowns, had less restrictive lock downs, has less ancillary harms from lock downs and still has less than half the deaths of NYS.  Also, the entire state of Florida currently has 10,000 less deaths than New York City by itself.

Let's see how this all plays out.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Florida, with no more lockdowns, had less restrictive lock downs, has less ancillary harms from lock downs and still has less than half the deaths of NYS.  Also, the entire state of Florida currently has 10,000 less deaths than New York City by itself.

Every area that saw the virus spread later in the pandemic did better because they knew what worked and what didn't instead of facing it completely unknown.

That said they also know better HOW it spreads and it appears Florida doesn't care.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Florida, with no more lockdowns, had less restrictive lock downs, has less ancillary harms from lock downs and still has less than half the deaths of NYS.  Also, the entire state of Florida currently has 10,000 less deaths than New York City by itself.

But this has already been explained.

NY was the first hit and the deaths primarily came in areas with heavy population density. This was when we were still figuring out how to combat it and were lacking critical resources.

Since then they’ve flatlined to single digits a day compare to Florida’s 100-200 a day.

Florida is on pace to have the most deaths at the end of the year, despite being shown by NY how to have a fraction of those deaths.

Reply/Quote
I'm sticking with the "the sun is gonna kill it" narrative.

*looks at calendar*

Yuh oh.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Pelosi and Feinstein both don't think masks are important.

Why do the rest of us have to wear them?    Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:51 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Looks like Pelosi and Feinstein both don't think masks are important.

They were set up. That shit don't count. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They were set up. That shit don't count. 

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to justify it and say why it's Trump's fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:12 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm sure someone will be along shortly to justify it and say why it's Trump's fault.

Nope. The most powerful Democrat in the world was duped by the owner of Chrissy's Cut and Curl.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:51 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Looks like Pelosi and Feinstein both don't think masks are important.

What’s the context?

Reply/Quote

Fine, don't wear a mask...be just like your hero, Nancy Pelosi...she's so cool!
Reply/Quote

Pelosi, Feinstein, Trump and Pence ... maybe all just running the same con?
Reply/Quote