Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(02-28-2020, 11:36 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: As a millennial who has lived through bird flu, swine flu, mad cow, Ebola, 12/20 and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting I'm pretty confident that this will end up being much to do about little. That said, as a parent of a <1 year old I am slightly more concerned as the extremely young and the extremely old are at the highest risk.

What I will say is that it sure has been f**king with my money over the past couple days, which I really dont appreciate.

Good time to dump cash in the stock market. I'm going to hold off for about another week because there will be reports of more cases over the weekend and the media will scream gloom and doom over the next few days scaring the investors even more than they already are, then after about another 2-3 trading days of fear selling, I will be dumping heavy into that shit.

Apple played their position well today and bought back stocks at lower prices saving them tons. I expect many others to follow. It's a win-win. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
From the "You can't make this up" department.

Right now on FOXNEWS website the headline is about The Democrats politicizing coverage of the coronavirus. There is another clip of Pete Hegseth attacking the Democrats and the media for using the coronavirus to score political points.

On the very same page there is a story from Tucker Carlson claiming that the US is vulnerable to the coronavirus because of Democrat policies and another story from Don Jr. claiming that the Democrats want millions of people to die just to make his dad look bad.

It is almost like a parody of a news site.
(02-28-2020, 04:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:  It's a win-win. 

So let me get this straight.  .  .  

"The stock market has risen to record levels.  This is great.  Vote for Trump."

"Stock market is crashing.  This is great.  Vote for Trump."

Rolleyes
[Image: ER46yUuWoAYLInp?format=jpg&name=large]

Mellow

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
The POTUS...lol.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(02-28-2020, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.  .  .  

"The stock market has risen to record levels.  This is great.  Vote for Trump."

"Stock market is crashing.  This is great.  Vote for Trump."

Rolleyes

Yep. MAGA!

(02-28-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From the "You can't make this up" department.

Right now on FOXNEWS website the headline is about The Democrats politicizing coverage of the coronavirus. There is another clip of Pete Hegseth attacking the Democrats and the media for using the coronavirus to score political points.

On the very same page there is a story from Tucker Carlson claiming that the US is vulnerable to the coronavirus because of Democrat policies and another story from Don Jr. claiming that the Democrats want millions of people to die just to make his dad look bad.

Yeah, both Mulvaney and Don Jr. told folks at CPAC that the attention on the outbreak is just to make Trump look bad and the Democrats want people to die.

Thank you Newt Gingrich, for ***** this country over. This is the result of decades of divisive language dating back to his memo that formalized the use of the language in politics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-28-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From the "You can't make this up" department.

I can guarantee there is a certain audience foaming at the mouth because it’s the evil dems politicizing this thing. The maggot base eats this type of fake news up. Divide and conquer
Depending on how the current corona virus plays out baseball season will likely see a huge drop in attendance if not cancelled at some point in the season and if it keeps spreading football season may be a complete wash as well if things don't come under control. I just don't see many people wanting to go to crowded stadiums if people fear being exposed the way they've been in other nations. There's been quite a bit of talk about cancelling the Olympics in Japan and that's becoming more and more likely.. I don't know how this may play out, but so far it's not been very good.
What do you think happens as the seasons progress?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Theres like 60 cases of the coronavirus in the USA right now. I dont think it will be a problem
Professional athletes are probably the last people who should worry about the coronavirus. But I think you're right that when it starts to spread quickly in the US (which is nearly inevitable at this point), attendance will be way down for a month or so.
You have a 0.000001 % chance of contracting the coronavirus. Smarten up my guy
people panic for no reason.
Lower mortality rate than the flu. Like I said before, Coronavirus is the Cleveland Browns of viruses. Overhyped.
(02-29-2020, 08:24 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: people panic for no reason.

I've said before that people tend to disregard statistics when allocating fear or concern over something.  I've known people who spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about terrorists and mass shooters but they don't wear their seatbelts, they drive in unsafe manners, don't know CRP, don't own fire extinguishers, and don't seem to worry about many other more common ways of dying.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if people stayed home because of coronavirus panic, but I figure there will be a new boogie man out there by the time the season rolls around.
(02-29-2020, 03:15 AM)grampahol Wrote: Depending on how the current corona virus plays out baseball season will likely see a huge drop in attendance if not cancelled at some point in the season and if it keeps spreading football season may be a complete wash as well if things don't come under control. I just don't see many people wanting to go to crowded stadiums if people fear being exposed the way they've been in other nations. There's been quite a bit of talk about cancelling the Olympics in Japan and that's becoming more and more likely.. I don't know how this may play out, but so far it's not been very good.
What do you think happens as the seasons progress?

Way too soon for that.
USA has two big oceans and polar ice caps separating it from the hot zones.
As long as the US government aggressively controls access to US borders, it shouldn’t be a issue.
Call me insensitive but I have zero concern for this thing.
Everything in this post is my fault.
I've heard from a very knowledgeable source that when it warms up, the virus will miraculously disappear.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(02-29-2020, 02:01 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Way too soon for that.
USA has two big oceans and polar ice caps separating it from the hot zones.
As long as the US government aggressively controls access to US borders, it shouldn’t be a issue.

Unless it comes from Asia via visa-granted middle to upper-class visitors and not Mexico.

(02-29-2020, 02:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Call me insensitive but I have zero concern for this thing.

The corona virus is like Freddy Kreuger in the first movie...as long as you don't believe in it it can do you no harm.
The Corona Virus is up to a 40% chance to turn into a pandemic. I get people arent worried about it because of the low mortality rate but that's not the biggest concern. What will hurt the most is the lock down of multiple cities world wide and how it will effect the world economy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...