Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
Coronavirus mortality rate is 2%
Flu is .095%
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-world-frets-over-coronavirus.html

2% is significant.

The efforts are trying to buy time until a workable human vaccine is developed.
Interesting that an Israeli company has been working on a poultry vaccine and is switching gears to get a human vaccine perfected. They have a great headstart.
Question: will anti semites use the vaccine?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
So, uh, our government may be directly responsible for spreading the virus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/27/us-workers-without-protective-gear-assisted-coronavirus-evacuees-hhs-whistleblower-says/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-02-2020, 09:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, uh, our government may be directly responsible for spreading the virus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/27/us-workers-without-protective-gear-assisted-coronavirus-evacuees-hhs-whistleblower-says/

Also the US government equates "screening" with "testing" and we have no idea how many infected people they have missed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(02-29-2020, 04:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: Coronavirus mortality rate is 2%
Flu is .095%

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-world-frets-over-coronavirus.html

2% is significant.

The efforts are trying to buy time until a workable human vaccine is developed.
Interesting that an Israeli company has been working on a poultry vaccine and is switching gears to get a human vaccine perfected. They have a great headstart.
Question: will anti semites use the vaccine?

On that link for some reason I get the headline, but no story.  Are they comparing apples to apples or are they doing something like using China's mortality rate for coronavirus to US mortality rate of flu?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Panic is happening I guess.

last night at the store, people were buying up the gloves, masks, disinfectant wipes, sanitizers, flu medicine and so on. Most shelves where completely empty. Lady in front of me in check out had 30 3 paks of those disinfectants.

Crazy, I'm just glad I have a basic supply of all of that, cause I have to wear masks if slightly sick if I am going to visit my grandpa.
Tin Foil Hat Time!!!

Who thinks China started this virus and others to see how fast it spreads not only in their country but around the world, testing a biological weapon they are or have developed?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(03-03-2020, 12:14 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Tin Foil Hat Time!!!

Who thinks China started this virus and others to see how fast it spreads not only in their country but around the world, testing a biological weapon they are or have developed?

Tom Cotton

This lady running for office
[Image: ER-QGF6UUAA892c?format=jpg&name=large]

Probably Trump before the end of the week.  Smirk

I think it's gonna hit the whole planet.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(03-03-2020, 12:59 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I think it's gonna hit the whole planet.

nah.  we're building a wall.
So I am wondering if warmer weather might slow this thing down.
(03-03-2020, 12:14 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Tin Foil Hat Time!!!

I don't "think." I KNOW what is going on.

Dems failed attempt to impeach our Dear President has now led them to the Coronavirus hoax to make him look bad.

Just watch--soon you'll be hearing Dems claim Trump's 80% cuts to the CDC have weakened our pandemic response capabilities, as the MSM pile on to help the Dems.

Instead of taking steps to prevent the spread of the virus from all those unmonitored people who welcomed our virus refugees from Japan without any precautions and then melted back into the population, we should be devoting airtime to blaming China, finishing the Mexico wall, and exposing the Dem Hoax for what it is.

Another thing--for Corona beer drinkers. USE YOUR HEADS!!  Check your labels.

CORONA Beer bottled BEFORE the outbreak began in December should be perfectly safe! 

Don't let the MSM panic you into limiting consumption!
(03-02-2020, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: On that link for some reason I get the headline, but no story.  Are they comparing apples to apples or are they doing something like using China's mortality rate for coronavirus to US mortality rate of flu?

I mentioned those numbers to my wife (a nurse). I got a half hour lecture. The nutshell: that's the us mortality flu rate versus the mortality rate for the beer virus... In China (roughly 2.3%). Her opinion on the difference is the populations in rural areas which 1- don't have the same access to healthcare and 2- don't take the same precaution s as those living in metro areas of china. 

(03-04-2020, 04:51 AM)Benton Wrote: I mentioned those numbers to my wife (a nurse). I got a half hour lecture. The nutshell: that's the us mortality flu rate versus the mortality rate for the beer virus... In China (roughly 2.3%). Her opinion on the difference is the populations in rural areas which 1- don't have the same access to healthcare and 2- don't take the same precaution s as those living in metro areas of china. 

That's why I never ask my wife a question.   Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

We have reached the "it's Obama's fault" part of Trump's response to the virus.

(03-04-2020, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: We have reached the "it's Obama's fault" part of Trump's response to the virus.

God remember when nobody ever mentioned Bush's name after he left office?

So are they right?  

(03-04-2020, 02:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: God remember when nobody ever mentioned Bush's name after he left office?

So are they right?  

God remember when nobody ever cared about the actual facts of the economy after Bush left office?

Citing actual history...versus always blaming the last guy.

But hey...Obama, right?

If Obama said he inherited a bad economy and huge deficit it was true...and if people assumed that was Bush's fault it was.  After seven years when he was still talking about Afghanistan and "blaming" Bush for getting us in there...it was true.  Could he have done more?  Maybe.  But let's not forget he had the G-No-P handling congress for most of his time in office.

Trump, on the orange other hand, asked for funding cuts, eliminated people to handle such things and then put Mike "pray it away" Pence in charge.  All while now saying no one was getting tested because Obama put the people who should be incharge of such things in charge of it.

And without doing the research I'd put it at 50/50 that it wasn't even Obama that did it but someone told Trump it was so like my grandmother who heard once that ivory soap will keep mice away he will believe it until the day he dies...lol.
(03-04-2020, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: God remember when nobody ever cared about the actual facts of the economy after Bush left office?

Citing actual history...versus always blaming the last guy.

But hey...Obama, right?

If Obama said he inherited a bad economy and huge deficit it was true...and if people assumed that was Bush's fault it was.  After seven years when he was still talking about Afghanistan and "blaming" Bush for getting us in there...it was true.  Could he have done more?  Maybe.  But let's not forget he had the G-No-P handling congress for most of his time in office.

Trump, on the orange other hand, asked for funding cuts, eliminated people to handle such things and then put Mike "pray it away" Pence in charge.  All while now saying no one was getting tested because Obama put the people who should be incharge of such things in charge of it.

And without doing the research I'd put it at 50/50 that it wasn't even Obama that did it but someone told Trump it was so like my grandmother who heard once that ivory soap will keep mice away he will believe it until the day he dies...lol.

Alright so it's OK to mention the guy before you.  

(03-04-2020, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Alright so it's OK to mention the guy before you.  

lol...

This is like when the boss asks me to text him info and he replies "k".

Thanks anyway.