Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(03-11-2020, 04:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He certainly has type two diabetes.  His hospital stays are usually a week to ten days.  He's gone to intensive care twice when he didn't recognize the signs that it was getting bad.  I guess at some point it can get into your blood or lymphatic system?   

A medical emergency where minutes count, and he's a dead man.  They call 911 and the local paramedics come, and then they have to call in and get an ambulance from another county that can carry him.  I pick up his prescriptions, and it's four or five every week. I don't know.  It's just sad.

35% would be high for my dad.  He usually remembers one random sentence that by itself indicates he's just fine.

If the bacteria from cellulitis reaches the blood it can cause sepsis which is life threatening. If it reaches the lymphatic system it can cause lymphangitis or lymphadenitis which many times require hospitalization and IV antibiotics and can also progress to sepsis. Again, all more likely for him than coronavirus.
(03-11-2020, 04:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the bacteria from cellulitis reaches the blood it can cause sepsis which is life threatening. If it reaches the lymphatic system it can cause lymphangitis or lymphadenitis which many times require hospitalization and IV antibiotics and can also progress to sepsis. Again, all more likely for him than coronavirus.

Yeah I think that's what happens to him. It gets septic. He goes on IV anti-biotics in the hospital.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-11-2020, 04:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I think that's what happens to him.  He goes on IV anti-biotics in the hospital.  

Not to mention septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, necrotizing fasciitis, and gangrene. All of which I’ve seen and are more likely to develop in your neighbor than being exposed to coronavirus at this point.
(03-11-2020, 05:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not to mention septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, necrotizing fasciitis, and gangrene. All of which I’ve seen and are more likely to develop in your neighbor than being exposed to coronavirus at this point.

I don't know what a couple of those are, but they don't sound good.  Thankfully he did see reason and is going.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

It must get exhausting.

(03-11-2020, 09:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It must get exhausting.

Not really.  The examples are plentiful and easily found and shared.

Simply preparing people for when DJT goes on television tonight, does a complete 180 and blames everyone but himself.

And, it's better than burying one's head in the sand.

But maybe that's just me.
NBA is suspending the season.

Thanks Trump.
Hilarious

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1237912394120093696?s=19

Edit: I couldn't embed the video from my phone last night...

Lot of sports type things going on and or pending. Opening day in Baseball. NFL draft. Final Four. The Masters. The Derby. What will television be like if everyone follows the NBA's lead.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/11/814474930/coronavirus-covid-19-is-now-officially-a-pandemic-who-says

Quote:"In the past two weeks, the number of cases of COVID-19 outside China has increased 13-fold, and the number of affected countries has tripled," Tedros said.
(03-12-2020, 01:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/11/814474930/coronavirus-covid-19-is-now-officially-a-pandemic-who-says

Daddy said he’s good at this stuff. We good.
(03-12-2020, 12:01 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Lot of sports type things going on and or pending. Opening day in Baseball. NFL draft. Final Four. The Masters. The Derby. What will television be like if everyone follows the NBA's lead.

Just as boring as it was before. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
The POTUS spoke for about 11 minutes.

The WH is walking back three things he said already.

On a more personal note DJT looks awful.  He always looks and sounds worse when he has to read something (usually because he doesn't have a hand in writing the words, just the ideas, and he won't practice) but he was really bad last night.  I kept waiting for him to just drop his head on the desk.

Well, my university has cancelled in-person classes for next week and has scheduled them to move online the following week until at least April 5. Meanwhile, I still have to be here. So there is that.

Though I did have vacation scheduled for next week to go visit some relatives in Pennsylvania and take my dad's ashes to spread, but we decided to postpone the trip because of everything. My sister was flying in with her daughter and it was a risk to bring that to our relatives, a lot of whom are elderly. So we aren't going, but I'm going to still take my vacation and spend it fishing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-12-2020, 10:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, my university has cancelled in-person classes for next week and has scheduled them to move online the following week until at least April 5. Meanwhile, I still have to be here. So there is that.

Though I did have vacation scheduled for next week to go visit some relatives in Pennsylvania and take my dad's ashes to spread, but we decided to postpone the trip because of everything. My sister was flying in with her daughter and it was a risk to bring that to our relatives, a lot of whom are elderly. So we aren't going, but I'm going to still take my vacation and spend it fishing.

We have a school/band trip scheduled for next week. It is in Tennessee.

100 people in two busses.

As of today the event we are attending has not been cancelled and the school district has not said we cannot go. 
(03-11-2020, 10:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: NBA is suspending the season.  

Thanks Trump.

NBA suspending their regular season is like a tree falling in a forest with nobody around. Does it make a sound? 

Nobody cares about college basketball until March and nobody cares about NBA until the semifinals of the playoffs (when there's no longer more than 50% of the league in the playoffs).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]