Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(03-12-2020, 05:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am done, but if you don't see it you never would, the proof is right in your face on the news everyday.

Just hope they can get this under control and this goes away. I don't like politics, never have BTW. This is why I watch sports
to get away from it. Sucks this is cancelling March Madness, just hope it doesn't cancel anything football related.

Has the XFL said anything about this yet is my question?

Haven't heard about the XFL, they have such small crowds maybe they will continue the season!?! Ninja 

The proof is right in my face on the news everyday? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe you can smartin' me up with some unbiased links down in P&R. I'm done muddying up this thread also. Thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-12-2020, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the ultra-rich are being duped a bit by the media, this is overblown looking at the data presented.

I mean, it's possible Roger Goddell and his plutocratic buddies are willing to lose a buttload of money because they've been reading slanderous clickbait, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not saying this stuff is real or not, but I'm saying that the measures that are being taken are quite shocking and make things look like they might have some weight to them.
(03-12-2020, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I mean, it's possible Roger Goddell and his plutocratic buddies are willing to lose a buttload of money because they've been reading slanderous clickbait, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not saying this stuff is real or not, but I'm saying that the measures that are being taken are quite shocking and make things look like they might have some weight to them.

This affects older people, most ultra-rich are older people. Goddell would be risking more if he didn't take this serious IMO.

Same with these others, this is serious just overblown at this point.

I still am asking the question of how many Americans have died from the regular flu since this virus came here?

Guessing a lot more than 38 or whatever have died from covid19.
I just realized that if they push back the draft for who knows how long, that will give Mike Brown more time to think about the 1st pick and give Tua more time to heal! Damn you Coronavirus!!!!!!!!
(03-12-2020, 05:32 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Haven't heard about the XFL, they have such small crowds maybe they will continue the season!?! Ninja 

The proof is right in my face on the news everyday? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe you can smartin' me up with some unbiased links down in P&R. I'm done muddying up this thread also. Thanks.

I'm shocked that nothing is being said about one of the most important business in the USA, especially around Super Bowl week.
What's the impact of COVID-19 on the hooker business? 

At my work, a major software vendor, we have this excellent restaurant for employees.  Today I stroll in there and some changes.  No longer do the order taker give you a plastic slip with your number, they take your name instead.  Salad bar gone.  Extra and new workers busying wiping down surfaces.  I see the mass transit BART station nearby, normally its packed in the morning, last couple days empty.  Freeways are a lot less crowded.
People are protecting themselves in little ways all around and that is why I think the virus won't be so bad, people are getting creative in avoiding it.
MLB and NBA will take a hit but I bet NFL is back to normal by training camps, maybe OTA's.
(03-12-2020, 05:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I just realized that if they push back the draft for who knows how long, that will give Mike Brown more time to think about the 1st pick and give Tua more time to heal! Damn you Coronavirus!!!!!!!!

Valid concern. Nervous
(03-12-2020, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This affects older people, most ultra-rich are older people. Goddell would be risking more if he didn't take this serious IMO.

I still am asking the question of how many Americans have died from the regular flu since this virus came here?

Mike Brown can stay locked in a bubble while everyone plays...it's not about the owners who are mostly just figureheads who cash checks being at risk.  
(03-12-2020, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This affects older people, most ultra-rich are older people. Goddell would be risking more if he didn't take this serious IMO.

According to the CDC, around 36,000 per year die from the flu (in the U.S. alone btw).
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
(03-12-2020, 05:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I just realized that if they push back the draft for who knows how long, that will give Mike Brown more time to think about the 1st pick and give Tua more time to heal! Damn you Coronavirus!!!!!!!!

They'll cancel the entire 2020 season just so we can take Tua after he recovers.
(03-12-2020, 05:32 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Haven't heard about the XFL, they have such small crowds maybe they will continue the season!?! Ninja 

Some XFL teams have small home crowds but some have big crowds. For instance the Houston Roughnecks have had
some nice crowds and the New York Guardians have had small crowds. Think it has something to do with how your team
plays and the type of fans you have around. Have really enjoyed the XFL, would make me sad to see them go down cause
of something like this.

Not going into P&R again, have done enough in this thread already lol
If homelessness deaths in America was the coronavirus, people would be going mad. More mad than they are now. The chances of dying to the virus is slim. Getting infected is also slim, unless you're just now learning proper hygiene.

(03-12-2020, 05:45 PM)Takedown Wrote: If homelessness deaths in America was the coronavirus, people would be going mad. More mad than they are now. The chances of dying to the virus is slim. Getting infected is also slim, unless you're just now learning proper hygiene.

Yeah, but won't the chance of dying be less slim if we don't take measures to prevent the spread of it?  Also, unless the media is lying and they could be for all I know, the virus may be airborne so washing your hands isn't as fool-proof a method of prevention as we hope.
(03-12-2020, 05:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think sporting events have to follow the norm or they will be open to lawsuits.  

So now the courts are in on it to.  

All people have to do to win a lawsuit I say "The media said it was bad.", right?
(03-12-2020, 05:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think our government has been very transparent. The virus started in China, our POTUS shut down travel from China and was called a racist. They developed a team headed up by the VP full of doctors, scientists and many others.

I am glad we are taking it seriously.  But as  I look at past issues in the world, the media panic seems over the top. We have had less than 40 deaths from this visus in the US. Yet, the media ignores abortion where babies die due to irresponsible sexual behavior. It sickens me to see us ignore abortion and then make this a big deal. The numbers don't lie and this virus will never kill as many living human beings as abortion has.

As far as the NFL, they need to proceed as planned. Why wouldn't they finalize the CBA vote and then proceed with FA as planned to be ready by September to play games again.

This 100%.

From a doctor that lives on our street and works at Good Sam in Cincinnati:

Quote:I just talk to our infectious disease doctor he thinks it’s going to continue to get worse

“ just like the Germans have stated exposure will be at least 80 to 90% and it will be very hard on the elderly especially the nursing home patients but the overwhelming majority of people will be just fine”

I said why can’t you get the president of the American College of infectious diseases to broadcast this on TV? He said “because the media is all about selling commercials and we can’t buy commercial time”

“ doesn’t matter if you’re at home on a plane on a bus exposure it will essentially be uniform for all of us”

It's scary for me because I obviously have a compromised immune system. Not planning on leaving my place for a long time.
I'm not a fearful type and have taken substantial risks throughout my life, some ridiculously risky that nearly killed me. However, I do understand unreasonable fear. Heck, as is we have millions of gun owners acting like their suburban homes are armed fortresses ready to kill just your average, every day run of the mill burglar/prowler trying to swipe your yard gnomes.. Is it any surprise we have millions overreacting to a deadly virus that can kill potentially kill millions? That doesn't surprise me in the least. Years ago when I was hitch hiking coast to coast I would see people driving 70 MPH reach across to lock their car doors as they passed me AS IF I was going to stop a 3000 pound Cadillac going 70 MPH with my bare hands.. Hint: I never did..
For years Hollywood has been scaring us with movies of viruses, nuclear annihilation and all manner of nasty potential events that ran the gamut from nuclear wars to viruses, muggers, and even brown people moving next door. We probably all know people who are afraid of their own shadows at night time under the covers in bed. (By the way, the boogie man is real..He lives under my bed in a 20 bedroom estate.)
This one is really bringing out the fear in a LOT of people including those not normally associated with panicky behavior.
My father just passed away at 91 and he was constantly checking his temperature even though he rarely left the house to get exposed to much of anything. I really don't know if he was exposed at the doctors office and will never know considering he's due for cremation tomorrow. His death was not unexpected though.
I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. If you do get the virus and survive it it'll be no consolation if everyone else in your household doesn't and spoiler alert, Viruses do mutate and this might mutate to something far deadlier. I'm not predicting it will, but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(03-12-2020, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown can stay locked in a bubble while everyone plays...it's not about the owners who are mostly just figureheads who cash checks being at risk.  

Never said they were. Just saying it is a risk either way.

(03-12-2020, 05:42 PM)Takedown Wrote: According to the CDC, around 36,000 per year die from the flu (in the U.S. alone btw).

Yeah, even more than the 30,000 I said, precisely my point. Overblown by the media.

They are acting like this is the worst thing this country has ever endured.

(03-12-2020, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They'll cancel the entire 2020 season just so we can take Tua after he recovers.

Ugh.
(03-12-2020, 05:45 PM)Takedown Wrote: If homelessness deaths in America was the coronavirus, people would be going mad. .

As well as the suicide rate among veterans. It is an alarming and very sad number.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/10/09/new-veteran-suicide-numbers-raise-concerns-among-experts-hoping-for-positive-news/

Quote: In the last four years, the official government estimate on the number of veterans who die by suicide has gone from 22 a day to 17 a day in the latest Veterans Affairs report. But the rate of suicides among veterans didn’t decrease over that span. Instead, the way the figures are sorted and presented did.

Instead, outside experts note that by many markers the problem has grown even worse. The total number of suicides among veterans has increased four of the last five years on record. From 2007 to 2017, the rate of suicide among veterans jumped almost 50 percent.

Veterans are 1.5 times more likely to die by suicide than Americans who never served in the military. For female veterans, the risk factor is 2.2 times more likely.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(03-12-2020, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You could say the same thing about the flu.

Flu doesn't kill ~10% of the people >70 who catch it.

I'm not too worried about it in my age group, but it's a pretty deadly ordeal for older folk.

- - - - - - -

16% of the country is 65+, that's ~52.3 million people who are at risk of something that is currently killing at roughly a 10% rate in their age groups.

THAT is why it's worrying.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(03-12-2020, 05:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: As well as the suicide rate among veterans.  It is an alarming and very sad number.

Yeah, but it's less than the flu so....