Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
Supposedly the commissioner is investigated potential cases in Hamilton County.  Nothing official or confirmed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(03-12-2020, 06:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So in your mind billionaires aren't going to miss a few million bucks?  

In the long run no I don't think they mind that much. Especially the sports leagues there going to make money no matter what because of guaranteed money in the TV contracts.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(03-12-2020, 06:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Supposedly the commissioner is investigated potential cases in Hamilton County.  Nothing official or confirmed.

That would be a big geographical jump because the last case was near Canton, Ohio.  

https://www.richlandsource.com/news/covid19/ohio-coronavirus-outbreak-map/article_3b181338-6489-11ea-863d-83d0fdf775cf.html
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-12-2020, 06:33 PM)J24 Wrote: In the long run no I don't think they mind that much. Especially the sports leagues there going to make money no matter what because of guaranteed money in the TV contracts.  

The notion that the ultra-rich are so rich they won't miss a percentage of their money is a pretty leftist one, just saying.
(03-12-2020, 06:33 PM)J24 Wrote: In the long run no I don't think they mind that much. 

I guess that is why they never oppose any small tax hikes.

Hilarious
(03-12-2020, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess that is why they never oppose any small tax hikes.

Hilarious

Just go away Fred. No one cares about your political slant. This is a Bengals forum.
(03-12-2020, 06:17 PM)J24 Wrote:  Same as Disney there losing money right now is overstated because they closed a theme park.

So yes I do think in an election year that these big companies would do anything to get rid of Trump. More so to the relationship with China( and them not liking Trump) then the companies themselve hating Trump.

So Disneyland does not generate any income and big businesses have not benefitted from Trumps deregulation?

This is getting hilarious. 
(03-12-2020, 06:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You know that the jury is affected by media correct?  That is why they are sequestered.   

You know that a party has to provide evidence to the jury other than just "They said it on TV", right?
I know I said I was out, but just read the 2020 NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament has been canceled. That's pretty big IMO.

So back on the original topic from the OP. This will probably have an affect on the NFL not only for free agency, draft prospect visits and pro days but also the draft as a whole. We may not see Burrow go on stage to cheers from the crowd when he is picked #1. But really if it is that big of an issue by then it is understandable.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(03-12-2020, 06:33 PM)J24 Wrote: In the long run no I don't think they mind that much. Especially the sports leagues there going to make money no matter what because of guaranteed money in the TV contracts.  

If there are no games there is no tv money.

You don't think there's protection in those contracts to protect broadcasters from work stoppages?

If the NBA season is shortened and games are not aired then money will be returned/lost. Same goes for the NHL and MLB and the NCAA.

Do you really believe CBS and other stations are just out 870 million dollars this year for the tourney ? They paid for a product that the NCAA can't deliver.

"Hey, NCAA. This is CBS. You know that billion dollar deal we have? You just keep all that. We know it's not your fault. We'll just air Golden Girls and Alf reruns this year. We'll get em next year."

No. There's millions upon millions of dollars at stake. Huge losses will occur at every level. Networks, shools, conferences, advertisers, venues, local businesses.

This also will factor in greatly in future contract negotiations.

To believe that all these teams are just cool with it because they magically keep tv revenue is absolutely absurd.
(03-12-2020, 06:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I know I said I was out, but just read the 2020 NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament has been canceled.  That's pretty big IMO.

So back on the original topic from the OP, this will probably have an affect on the NFL not only for free agency but also the draft.

I agree. I bet they may postpone the draft or, at least, don't allow fans. Can you imagine thousands of drunk, sweaty fans crammed into The Bellagio after a night or two in Vegas? Even under the best of circumstances I would pass.
(03-12-2020, 06:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If there are no games there is no tv money.

You don't think there's protection in those contracts to protect broadcasters from work stoppages?

If the NBA season is shortened and games are not aired then money will be returned/lost. Same goes for the NHL and MLB and the NCAA.

Do you really believe CBS and other stations are just out 870 million dollars this year for the tourney ? They paid for a product that the NCAA can't deliver.

"Hey, NCAA. This is CBS. You know that billion dollar deal we have? You just keep all that. We know it's not your fault. We'll just air Golden Girls and Alf reruns this year. We'll get em next year."

No. There's millions upon millions of dollars at stake. Huge losses will occur at every level. Networks, shools, conferences, advertisers, venues, local businesses.

This also will factor in greatly in future contract negotiations.

To believe that all these teams are just cool with it because they magically keep tv revenue is absolutely absurd.

Colleges are all run by liberals.  They are willing to give up hundreds of millions of dollars just to make Trump look bad.  

Rolleyes
MD schools closed for 2 weeks
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-12-2020, 07:04 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree. I bet they may postpone the draft or, at least, don't allow fans. Can you imagine thousands of drunk, sweaty fans crammed into The Bellagio after a night or two in Vegas? Even under the best of circumstances I would pass.

I don't think they will postpone it.  If it gets that bad I think it will just be done via teams calling in picks from their local offices.  It might be televised to some degree.   For example instead of the 1st round pick going on stage, highlights of them playing in college.  Or for the first round picks maybe those picked streaming their reaction via their smart phones, tablets etc.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(03-12-2020, 01:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Look, before this thread goes completely off the rails, or is dismissed due to perceived over-reaction keep in mind it is a real issue that will affect the coming weeks.

This entire situation seems to get worse by the hour. You can attribute this to the media coverage or you can believe the threat is real, or anything and everything in between. It's really besides the point in relation to this thread.

The reality is the response to this is almost like dominos. Once one organization or institution reacts then others are forced to follow. There are libality concerns that business and employers open themselves up to. There are substantial PR and optic risks.

It just came out that Redskins are not sending any emoloyees to pro days. Again, like a game of dominos, look for other franchisss to follow suit.

So there's a very good chance that you'll see pro days outright canceled, or sparsley attended.

There's reports multiple teams are shutting down training facilites.

Free agency is set to open next week. I would not at all be surprised to see this date pushed back.

This situation could greatly affect scouting and free agency, as both depend on a significant amount of travel. It could affect the draft as far as attendance, both by fans and players. It may get pushed, or teams may draft remotely (meaning not held in NY, no podium, no cards turned in, no live show)

I just figured this topic deserved it's own thread, and could be a catch-all for developments.  I suspect there will be significant ones over the next couple of weeks. Whether or not you think the response or coverage is warranted this looks to greatly affect a number of NFL offseason activities.

[LIVE] Coronavirus Pandemic: Real Time Counter, World Map, News
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(03-12-2020, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Disneyland does not generate any income and big businesses have not benefitted from Trumps deregulation?

This is getting hilarious. 

It's not a huge money maker for them. Not saying it doesn't make money but it's not there cash cow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(03-12-2020, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You could say the same thing about the flu.

I could... But he has his flu vaccine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
XFL is telling players that they are suspending play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(03-12-2020, 07:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: MD schools closed for 2 weeks

Ohio closed them for 3 weeks. My gut tells me it'll be longer.

In related news; don't bother looking for aerosol Lysol.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-12-2020, 04:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: But 1.5 trillion for the markets.  Mellow

Totally different from federal spending.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Fed-plans-to-keep-pumping-cash

Like what was discussed in this thread, the Fed has been injecting cash in the economy and planned on it for months, but coronavirus obviously threw a wrench into things and created the need to increase the money supply even more with the use of these 3 month loans.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]