Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
The bruhaha from the left over Trump calling it the "Chinese flu" or "Wuhan flu" is stupid. Jim Acosta looked like a dumbass calling the President racists for saying it when he had used the exact same term.

But the right-wing claiming that the media is "working with the Chinese" by criticizing Trump is just as silly. No media source is agreeing with the Chinee propaganda.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Pretty scary data if true.

185 deaths in the USA
only 108 recovered
13,011 active cases even though that's only the confirmed number of positive tests.

1% death rate my ass.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(03-19-2020, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe let Trump have his rallies...he has that need to be in front of a crowd and he's using these important updates to pretend.

Mellow

More people need to know--when Chanel Rion is not just fixing Courtland Sykes' dinner, she is a gifted artist and political cartoonist, as well as a journalist.  For years she has been waging a one-woman war against Leftist lies and hyperbole.

[Image: rion-obamaplans.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2020, 06:43 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

185 deaths in the USA
only 108 recovered
13,011 active cases even though that's only the confirmed number of positive tests.

1% death rate my ass.

If you account for the unknowns 1% could be pretty close.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2Dv6YHeO0yeTFVxaWimgDWWSk-zYKcxfmyOCo0VUmGI6ltO0lQo1RSyUg

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(03-19-2020, 09:24 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2Dv6YHeO0yeTFVxaWimgDWWSk-zYKcxfmyOCo0VUmGI6ltO0lQo1RSyUg

Wow death rates all over the place. Northern Europe doing very well. Germany and Austria as well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-19-2020, 09:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wow death rates all over the place.  Northern Europe doing very well.  Germany and Austria as well.

Those are scary numbers and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(03-19-2020, 06:43 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

185 deaths in the USA
only 108 recovered

1% death rate my ass.

I was under the impression that the "official" death rate was more in the 3-4%

I'm trying to watch Italy as close as I can. They have it the worst right now and I'm hoping to see a sharp decline in new cases soon. I do not trust the Chinese numbers presented to us, but I really hope they are legit because if so the horizon is looking a lot more hopeful (barring a second wave).

Iran's numbers I think have slowed down too? But I can't remember exactly where they were yesterday and I don't necessarily trust their numbers either.
(03-19-2020, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The bruhaha from the left over Trump calling it the "Chinese flu" or "Wuhan flu" is stupid.  Jim Acosta looked like a dumbass calling the President racists for saying it when he had used the exact same term.

But the right-wing claiming that the media is "working with the Chinese" by criticizing Trump is just as silly.  No media source is agreeing with the Chinee propaganda.

I could not agree more. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
I still think there's millions of infections gone undiagnosed with mild to no symptoms. That would push the actual death rate much lower if true. I do think we have a relative grasp on the death number.
(03-20-2020, 03:16 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I still think there's millions of infections gone undiagnosed with mild to no symptoms. That would push the actual death rate much lower if true. I do think we have a relative grasp on the death number.

Hopefully a lot more people have it in Ohio and are doing fine, or this lock down won't end.  Otherwise we still have over 11 1/2 million people who don't or haven't had it and are facing the same issue of swamping the hospitals at some point.

(03-20-2020, 03:16 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I still think there's millions of infections gone undiagnosed with mild to no symptoms. That would push the actual death rate much lower if true. I do think we have a relative grasp on the death number.

I just read a peer-reviewed article looking at the previous estimates of the Wuhan mortality rate that put it around 3% but now new estimates are about 1.4%. The lack of wide spread testing is the biggest culprit for the artificially inflated numbers. It's a lot easier to know who died from it then to know EVERYONE who has it especially those with no symptoms.
(03-20-2020, 09:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just read a peer-reviewed article looking at the previous estimates of the Wuhan mortality rate that put it around 3% but now new estimates are about 1.4%. The lack of wide spread testing is the biggest culprit for the artificially inflated numbers. It's a lot easier to know who died from it then to know EVERYONE who has it especially those with no symptoms.

Yeah if you aren't distressed and don't go to the hospital or doctor how do they know?  

I just got a call from the VA outpatient clinic I go to. They are closing it until further notice and moving most of the staff to the main hospital.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Here’s my take on the C-flu.
It’s the FLU! No one wants to get the flu, whether is influenza A-B-or C. It’s deadly to old folks and immuno-compromised people. This is nothing new. The flu is deadly. Why are we freaking out this much? Shutting down EVERYTHING.....it’s not going to stop someone from going to get the flu. It’s just going to prolong this. Businesses are going to go out of business because of this fear. Flu season comes every year. People die from the flu every year. A, B or now we have C. I don’t get this fear. The fear itself is worse than the actual flu. Sorry for my ramblings but people need to start hearing some common sense in this effed up times. And QUIT buying toilet paper for an upper respiratory virus.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

I have to imagine there is going to have to be a fairly substantial tax increase when all this is cleared up. Between the amount of tax money being lost and the amount of these proposed packages, there doesn't seem to be any alternative.

(03-20-2020, 01:05 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Here’s my take on the C-flu.
It’s the FLU! No one wants to get the flu, whether is influenza A-B-or C.  It’s deadly to old folks and immuno-compromised people. This is nothing new.  The flu is deadly.  Why are we freaking out this much?  Shutting down EVERYTHING.....it’s not going to stop someone from going to get the flu.  It’s just going to prolong this.  Businesses are going to go out of business because of this fear.  Flu season comes every year. People die from the flu every year. A, B or now we have C.  I don’t get this fear.  The fear itself is worse than the actual flu.  Sorry for my ramblings but people need to start hearing some common sense in this effed up times.  And QUIT buying toilet paper for an upper respiratory virus.

This is a new strain that no human has an immunity to.  It spreads easily.

We are shutting down everything to spread it out.  We don't want a sudden spike in cases that overtaxes the hospitals that are already short of tests, respirators and protective gear.

Panic is bad.  Respect for it is good.

And yes, hoarding TP is stupid.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
In all honesty these daily press briefings would go better with more info on the tests (how many and where) and the results of the tests along with reassurances that the medical professionals will get what they need and LESS info on how we would all be dead if President Trump had not, solely and brilliantly, spent every waking moment making bold, decisive moves to save all of us.  (While at the same time going to rallies and calling it a hoax and going on national television to tell s there are 15 cases and soon to be zero.)

It's like how every Batman movie has to tell us his parents were killed.

We get it.

There is a myth they want to keep pounding to the morons.

Let's move on and get to the handling NOW.

And what in the name of all that is green and good is Ivanka doing there? What expertise does she bring to ANYTHING let alone this pandemic?

/rant.
People still support Trump?

Sad.

(03-20-2020, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: People still support Trump?

Sad.

Trump is right...people need hope and they don't need the fake news scaring them.  Then again, the fake news gives people hope that Muslims and Mexians are coming here to murder us, which is also bad.

Side note, why didn't Trump just start his "Trump News Network" and skip this whole political mess?