Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-hes-mobilizing-military-to-distribute-potential-coronavirus-vaccine/ar-BB1463uZ?ocid=ientp

Quote:"We're mobilizing our military and other forces, but we're mobilizing our military on the basis that we do have a vaccine," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business's Maria Bartiromo.

"You know, it's a massive job to give this vaccine. Our military is now being mobilized so at the end of the year we're going to be able to give it to a lot of people very, very rapidly," he added.
If only we had some sort of healthcare infrastructure in this country.  Like some sort of buildings filled with healthcare professionals dedicated to taking care of patient's healthcare needs where they could administer vaccines or even other medical treatments?
If only we had something like that.
(05-14-2020, 08:45 PM)WhoDey Wrote: How about no restrictions? If you want to come out, then come out to watch the game. If you feel there is a risk that you don't want to take, stay home.

Man, where were you when I needed to convince a jury it was other people's fault I knowingly gave them hepatitis? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-14-2020, 08:59 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: [Image: GxV8elD.jpg]

[Image: 82WdGgD.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-14-2020, 09:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-hes-mobilizing-military-to-distribute-potential-coronavirus-vaccine/ar-BB1463uZ?ocid=ientp

If only we had some sort of healthcare infrastructure in this country.  Like some sort of buildings filled with healthcare professionals dedicated to taking care of patient's healthcare needs where they could administer vaccines or even other medical treatments?
If only we had something like that.

And just like that... all of a sudden... Trump selling a vaccine made me an anti vaxxer

No but for real though. I want medical advice and a miracle cure from someone who is not a known conman.
(05-14-2020, 09:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, where were you when I needed to convince a jury it was other people's fault I knowingly gave them hepatitis? 

Games would be so weird without any crowd noise.

Cigar
(05-14-2020, 08:45 PM)WhoDey Wrote: How about no restrictions? If you want to come out, then come out to watch the game. If you feel there is a risk that you don't want to take, stay home.

[Image: 41ieop.jpg]
(05-14-2020, 10:23 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Games would be so weird without any crowd noise.

So is sex, but we all have to make sacrifices in these tough times.
(05-14-2020, 10:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I want people to be able to make their own decisions. I will leave my opinion at that... unless we move this thread to the political forum.
[Image: 41ieop.jpg]

This is a bad idea in that people who get infected at the game would then infect people who were not at the game.
(05-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: This is a bad idea in that people who get infected at the game would then infect people who were not at the game.

Wow.. I never thought of that? Sarcasm
The NFL regular season will not be interrupted. Mark my words. All this plandemic will be over by July.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Thank god I’m in my 40s n pretty damn healthy. I have a huge family n work for a really big department and I have yet and do far no one I know has caught the covid virus. Lucky I guess.
(05-15-2020, 03:33 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: The NFL regular season will not be interrupted. Mark my words. All this plandemic will be over by July.

Well I think it will all disappear after the presidential election in November.
(05-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: This is a bad idea in that people who get infected at the game would then infect people who were not at the game.

But masks work, right? Isn't that why everyone is being shamed into wearing them?
(05-14-2020, 09:57 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Damn. I guess we have seen just how blatant a lie has to be before McConnell walks it back. Never thought we'd see that line for him. I'm guessing it is in the sand, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-15-2020, 07:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But masks work, right? Isn't that why everyone is being shamed into wearing them?

Ida know.  Much like pants I only wear a mask outside my house because i dont want to be hassled by the man or upset anyone. 

After my traumatic childhood im practically shameless. 
(05-15-2020, 08:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Damn. I guess we have seen just how blatant a lie has to be before McConnell walks it back. Never thought we'd see that line for him. I'm guessing it is in the sand, though.

Wonder how many people will brush off the retraction as fake news and continue to believe that this is all Obama's fault?
(05-15-2020, 07:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But masks work, right? Isn't that why everyone is being shamed into wearing them?

Masks are only effective if people use them.

If you're comfortable going to a large public sporting event in the middle of a pandemic with no vaccine, the odds that you're wearing a mask are relatively low.

Also, masks decrease the amount of spread through the air, but most people don't have medical grade masks. Most just have cloth masks and, while useful, those only decrease the spread, not eliminate it. 

And even beyond masks, they don't prevent you from, say, touching something that has the virus on it and then scratching your eye or eating something. These are ways the virus is transmitted irrespective of the water particles in the air.

Shamed is an interesting choice of words.... Suiting up in PPE to go watch a football game sounds like a wonderful idea

To the op... I really don't think there will be fans in attendance... There may not even be a season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-14-2020, 10:23 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Games would be so weird without any crowd noise.

As I understand it, the TV networks will simulate crowd noise.  That should be interesting when the fans cheer a bad call.  I can't believe that this is going to happen, but the fear mongers are hard at work to destroy the country and (in their pathetic minds) win an election.  

Why not just limit attendance to those under 70 years of age?  That is the group that needs protection.  And immune compromised folks shouldn't be attending, either, but they have to police themselves. 

Football can survive without fan in seat revenue, due to massive TV money and fantasy, but I don't see how baseball can do it.