Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(05-15-2020, 06:12 PM)Mer Wrote: You missed my point. Say you broke your arm and while there they test you for Covid-19 and it returns positive. How is reporting that malpractice if it's true? 

They don't get extra funds unless you are hospitalized for the covid treatment.

They don't get extra money for treating a person for a broken arm.

You clearly don't understand any of this.  You have not read enough o understand how it works.  You just heard a talking point from the right wing echo chamber and accepted it without any question because it fit the narrative you wanted to hear.
(05-15-2020, 06:11 PM)Tony Wrote: This is a free country. If I want to go to a game or somewhere for my entertainment and I want to do it without a mask, I will.. This is where people are confused. They cant just make up new laws every other day. That's why we have constitutional rights.

Agreed.  And last I checked my constitutional rights don't simply stop just because I'm frequenting a privately owned business or attending an event on private property.  I have imminent domain over my surroundings and I carry the blessings of the Founding Fathers wherever I go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I like turtles.
(05-15-2020, 06:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're starting to sound a lot like those crazy people who put down President Trump.

MAGA!!! & KAG!!! Actually he's a breath of fresh air. Love Trump. He'll get this economy back up and running again. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

(05-15-2020, 06:11 PM)Tony Wrote: This is a free country. If I want to go to a game or somewhere for my entertainment and I want to do it without a mask, I will.. This is where people are confused. 

Actually YOU are the one who is very confused.  You can't just do whatever you want because this is a "free country".  What if you wanted to go to a game completely naked?  Or what if you wanted to take in a bottle of liquor along with your handgun?  Or what if you wanted to take your pet tiger?
(05-15-2020, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  And last I checked my constitutional rights don't simply stop just because I'm frequenting a privately owned business or attending an event on private property.  I have imminent domain over my surroundings and I carry the blessings of the Founding Fathers wherever I go.

Hilarious

the funny part is that he doesn't even get it. 
(05-15-2020, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You were the one who admitted you would falsify medical records to try and get more money.  And you claimed everyone was juts like you.  So you were basically saying I was a crook too.

I was just pointing out that not everyone was like that.

Wow! You're still lost. I said nothing about falsifying things. I said if there's a loop hole people will exploit it.

(05-15-2020, 06:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think it's listed under the heading for the forum.  It's been awhile since I've been on there but I'm 99.9% sure the password is ENTER in all caps.

Thank you Wes. I appreciate it.

(05-15-2020, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They don't get extra funds unless you are hospitalized for the covid treatment.

They don't get extra money for treating a person for a broken arm.

You clearly don't understand any of this.  You have not read enough o understand how it works.  You just heard a talking point from the right wing echo chamber and accepted it without any question because it fit the narrative you wanted to hear.

Actually I use the CDC, AMA, CMS.gov and the NCHS. I don't trust the national media. If it's so bad why haven't Lowe's, Home Depot, Kroger, and all the other open stores, which would be ground zero, been shut down due to major outbreaks?

BTW I've always enjoyed reading your insight about the Bengals, Fred and I apologize to all the rest of you for hijacking this thread.

EMPTY STADIUMS WOULD BE VERY STRANGE.

What in the hell has this thread turned into? Opening on the last page was a bad idea.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
(05-15-2020, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't draw unemployment if you get fired for cause.

And you can't stay on unemployment when your job is available again.

Pretty much everyone who ever had a job knows this.

In PA you can.. I know many who are doing it right now.. You cant quit and collect but if fired you can.. My job is slow right now and they send people home everyday and of course the top seniority people do it everyday to get that 600$ and that no one else can.. Its just not set up right at all. it's all backwards.. If this were a real layoff those people wouldn't be doing it. There is no good reason to stay at a minimum wage job right now with all the benefits being given out on unemployment...
(05-15-2020, 07:07 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: What in the hell has this thread turned into? Opening on the last page was a bad idea.

Well it barely made it 10 posts in before the "word" plandemic was dropped. From there conspiracy theories, satire, and parroting took over. Welcome to social media America.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-15-2020, 07:26 PM)jason Wrote: Well it barely made it 10 posts in before the "word" plandemic was dropped. From there conspiracy theories, satire, and parroting took over. Welcome to social media America.

I hear you. Some folks are just delusional. Ninja

(05-15-2020, 02:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Not surprising, given the reality bubble 40% of the country seems to live in, but the level of ignorance and conspiracy theory nonsense in some posts is still disappointing to see.

I haven't seen one word of concern for those who would be (forced?) to work the stadium for a game with fans, even if they are spread out. Folks working the gates, concessions, ushers, and such? What choice do they have?

Even with spread out fans, you are still going to get cheek by jowl at the gates, bathrooms, and concessions. Having games with bars & restaurants open (where people will congregate to watch them) will be problematic enough. Actual fans at games is insane.

Many people believe the severity of the outbreak in Italy & Spain was greatly worsened because of a Champions League match played between Atalanta (northern Italy). Atalanta is a fairy small city that does not host CL games often, so a high percentage of the town either came to the match, or gathered to watch it. Unbeknownst to many at the time, COVID was already out in northern Italy. Everyone gathered, including Valencia's treveling fans. A month later Italy (northern Italy in particular) had the worst COVID outbreak in the world and Spain was a close second.

Let's try not to repeat that, yes?

Comparisons to the flu (for which there is a vaccine) are idiotic. COVID has killed more Americans in two months than any war save WWI (which it will pass soon), WWII, and the Civil War. And that is WITH severe social distancing restrictions. It would be 10x worse without them. COVID was the leading cause of death in the USA in April. Obviously, this fluctuates a bit, and deaths are undercounted somewhat, but it is right there with heart disease (1,774 dearhs per day) and cancer (1,641). In April, COVID reported deaths were 58,705. Or 1,957 day.

Flu deaths per month? In 2017-18, we lost 61,000 people in a year to the flu. 5,083 per month. With no social distancing.COVID is much deadlier (10x) even with distancing.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-leading-cause-of-death.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

But sure, it is all some media delivered, deep state plot, happening in every country in the world at the same time, all out to make Mango Unchained look bad. Yeesh.

Ehhem. You mean Bergamo.

There is no such place or city, as Atalanta. Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
I feel that both baseball and football are less and less likely to happen this year. The owners in MLB screwed up big time with their little salary cap power play, and now the players are going to be less receptive to any plan they roll out.

As for football, the logistics just don't favor it. IMO you either have full stadiums or empty ones. There's no in-between. Even with staggered seating, thousands of fans will cross paths at gates, bathrooms, vendors, and shops. Even if that was avoidable, you'd have to expect fans to be practically glued to seats the entire game if you wanted any meaningful distancing. Might as well just let them fill the stadiums if you're letting any in at all.

From a team perspective, a pandemic season could end up being the biggest asterisk year imaginable. All it takes is one player to test positive. Say a guy like Jonah Williams tests positive. Every guy in the OL room is close enough to him to be quarantined. What do you do? Field guys off the street to replace an OL to face the Steelers front seven? We think of these guys as young, healthy and athletic, but they aren't the only ones involved. What if a dude like Bruce Arians who's had serious health issues gets infected by an asymptomatic player? There are senior citizens all over the league, not to mention plenty of people that could be considered high-risk.

In the best case scenario, we learn to live with the virus with minimum consequence and life goes back to normal by September. I don't see it going quite that way, but you have to hope for it, I guess.
(05-15-2020, 11:27 PM)samhain Wrote: I feel that both baseball and football are less and less likely to happen this year. The owners in MLB screwed up big time with their little salary cap power play, and now the players are going to be less receptive to any plan they roll out.

As for football, the logistics just don't favor it. IMO you either have full stadiums or empty ones. There's no in-between. Even with staggered seating, thousands of fans will cross paths at gates, bathrooms, vendors, and shops. Even if that was avoidable, you'd have to expect fans to be practically glued to seats the entire game if you wanted any meaning fun distancing. Might as well just let them fill the stadiums if you're letting any in at all.

From a team perspective, a pandemic season could end up being the biggest asterisk year imaginable. All it takes is one player to test positive. Say a guy like Jonah Williams tests positive. Every guy in the OL room is close enough to him to be quarantined. What do you do? Field guys off the street to replace an OL to face the Steelers front seven? We think of these guys as young, healthy and athletic, but they aren't the only ones involved. What if a dude like Bruce Arians who's had serious health issues gets infected by an asymptomatic player? There are senior citizens all over the league, not to mention plenty of people that could be considered high-risk.

In the best case scenario, we learn to live with the virus with minimum consequence and life goes back to normal by September. I don't see it going quite that way, but you have to hope for it, I guess.

That's kinda how I've viewed it too. An NFL game is the antithesis of social distancing. Linemen may as well be kissing the guy across from him every play, and fans are literally bumped into by each other countless times over 3 hours. Someone already mentioned the risks for the staff at the stadiums... I want it to happen as much as the next guy, but I just don't see it. I have a trip to Disney World planned with my daughter in November. I'd love for that to go down, but have my doubts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-15-2020, 09:52 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Anybody who wants to attend the games should be able to attend as long as they sign a legally binding statement that they will not seek medical treatment if they become infected with COVID-19 ... AND ... that they agree to pay for treatment for anyone they infect with COVID-19 ... AND ... they agree not to sue any person, company or government if they become sick.
Great..everyone signs that binding agreement except half are unemployed with no money or resources to actually sue for. Suppose I signed, attended and infected 1000 people. My only income is from SSI and the few bucks I make making planter boxes. Good luck getting blood from this turnip..I can't even pay for my own heart attack so theoretically you're gonna sue me to pay for the medical bills for 1000 people? Whaddaya gonna get suing me? My $200 used table saw and my Harbor Freight clamps?  That's gonna fix everyone right on up pronto!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(05-15-2020, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: how do you know you are going to survive?

I was just hoping to survive the post, and I did. Joe
(05-16-2020, 12:09 AM)jason Wrote: That's kinda how I've viewed it too. An NFL game is the antithesis of social distancing. Linemen may as well be kissing the guy across from him every play, and fans are literally bumped into by each other countless times over 3 hours. Someone already mentioned the risks for the staff at the stadiums... I want it to happen as much as the next guy, but I just don't see it. I have a trip to Disney World planned with my daughter in November. I'd love for that to go down, but have my doubts.

Yep. Unless the league can buy Football Island like UFC and convince the union to have players abandon their families for 5 months, it's going to be a tough thing to navigate. I hate it, and I hope I am wrong. I can't imagine a fall without football or Halloween, or a World Series, or any of the other things I look forward to, but it could happen.
I knew as soon as i saw Fredtoast in this thread. As Jim Ross would say "business is about to pickup!"