Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(05-17-2020, 05:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lumping people into groups like you are doing is very stereotypical. Slippery slope my friend. Careful making snap judgments about everyone you come across.

I don't make snap judgments.  I make judgments based on conversations I have with these people on a daily basis.  Their ideas about what's going on are pretty clear.  They'd let the vulnerable die to protect their conveniences, almost to a person, because MAGA.
(05-17-2020, 05:39 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't make snap judgments.  I make judgments based on conversations I have with these people on a daily basis.  Their ideas about what's going on are pretty clear.  They'd let the vulnerable die to protect their conveniences, almost to a person, because MAGA.

Lol you literally stereotyped every Trump supporter in your previous post??
(05-17-2020, 05:39 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't make snap judgments.  I make judgments based on conversations I have with these people on a daily basis.  Their ideas about what's going on are pretty clear.  They'd let the vulnerable die to protect their conveniences, almost to a person, because MAGA.

Damn deplorable’s. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I didn't start wearing a mask in public until about 2 weeks ago. I feel guilty that I hadn't before then but I feel better now that I am. I started off with one that I got from work until my friend gave me a cloth one. I just keep it in my glove box and pop it on every time I run into a store.
(05-17-2020, 06:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol you literally stereotyped every Trump supporter in your previous post??

There may be an outlier here or there, but I'm done worrying about what those people think.   I've waited for them to surprise me by diverting from the script here or there, but it just doesn't happen.  I believe one of their campaign themes was "F your feelings", so I rather feel the same about them.  
(05-17-2020, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn deplorable’s. 

It was never an incorrect label for them.
(05-17-2020, 07:22 PM)samhain Wrote: It was never an incorrect label for them.

Interesting response. 

[Image: 98172969_1196391164041433_76141333339072...e=5EE8958A]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-17-2020, 07:21 PM)samhain Wrote: There may be an outlier here or there, but I'm done worrying about what those people think.   I've waited for them to surprise me by diverting from the script here or there, but it just doesn't happen.  I believe one of their campaign themes was "F your feelings", so I rather feel the same about them.  

That’s the spirit. You must be a real fun guy to drum up conversation with. Yeeesh.
(05-17-2020, 08:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That’s the spirit. You must be a real fun guy to drum up conversation with. Yeeesh.

Hey, civility is optional when you go ride or die with a dude who thrives on drumming up confrontation as the face of your political movement.  He and his supporters deserve everything they give back in return.  If they wanted politeness and non-judgmental reaction, they went in the wrong direction.  

It would be like me calling a passer-by on the sidewalk a douchebag, then getting mad when he called me a shitbag in return.  At least when Nixon granted no mercy, he expected none in return.  With the MAGA types it's always about how mean everyone is to them, lol.
(05-17-2020, 08:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 98172969_1196391164041433_76141333339072...e=5EE8958A]

If Obama was so smart he'd go outta his way to tell people not to wear masks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 03:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So by we Europeans, you mean ALL? I highly doubt it. Unless you imposed marshal law type BS. If so, I guess I understand why you lean towards the communist view of the left. 

I just lean towards reason.

And it was not about martial law. There were certain measures taken, like social distancing and wearing masks in public. Some of those became temporary laws, and yes there were certain fines for disobeying. And people were sensible enough to just get it, to just get that this is about avoiding new infections and new deaths. Not a critical mass of people thought this to be some kind of conspiracy or that their intuition knew more than the health experts and scientists.

And lo and behold - my country opens up again now. Slowly and carefully, in accordance with our Dr. Faucis. We can because we got our infection rate way down, unlike the US. I could show you the figures, but I'm almost certain you would not trust those and demanded something like "real, not distorted by leftist agendas"-numbers instead that confirm your initial intuitions. That's how this works now, isn't it.

Sadly, I suppose the US is in for a long struggle. Your country sucks at fighting a pandemic, you're to "free" for that.
(05-17-2020, 08:49 PM)samhain Wrote: Hey, civility is optional when you go ride or die with a dude who thrives on drumming up confrontation as the face of your political movement.  He and his supporters deserve everything they give back in return.  If they wanted politeness and non-judgmental reaction, they went in the wrong direction.  

It would be like me calling a passer-by on the sidewalk a douchebag, then getting mad when he called me a shitbag in return.  At least when Nixon granted no mercy, he expected none in return.  With the MAGA types it's always about how mean everyone is to them, lol.

Lol. Seems like your writing this staring in a mirror, and then pointing the blame somewhere else? Do you feel the need to talk to a manager right now? Just curious? Maybe I need to work on my thinking, cause all I visualize when reading this and many other “way out there” leftist opinions is this:

[Image: _97331208_gettyimages-830767670.jpg]

(05-17-2020, 09:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lol. Seems like your writing this staring in a mirror, and then pointing the blame somewhere else? Do you feel the need to talk to a manager right now? Just curious? Maybe I need to work on my thinking, cause all I visualize when reading this and many other “way out there” leftist opinions is this:

[Image: _97331208_gettyimages-830767670.jpg]

You're the dude out here posting fake drunk Nancy nonsense, literal conspiracy theories and other lies.  You're so mired in you're own far-right bubble that you can't even see it, lol.  

Where's the pic of you and the cosplay boys at the statehouse with your ARs, swastika flags, and guts hanging over your belts playing army?  Call it both ways, no? 

If you think calling Trump divisive is a way out leftist opinion, then you're basically beyond any real point of reason anyway.
(05-17-2020, 08:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: I just lean towards reason.

And it was not about martial law. There were certain measures taken, like social distancing and wearing masks in public. Some of those became temporary laws, and yes there were certain fines for disobeying. And people were sensible enough to just get it, to just get that this is about avoiding new infections and new deaths. Not a critical mass of people thought this to be some kind of conspiracy or that their intuition knew more than the health experts and scientists.

And lo and behold - my country opens up again now. Slowly and carefully, in accordance with our Dr. Faucis. We can because we got our infection rate way down, unlike the US. I could show you the figures, but I'm almost certain you would not trust those and demanded something like "real, not distorted by leftist agendas"-numbers instead that confirm your initial intuitions. That's how this works now, isn't it.

Sadly, I suppose the US is in for a long struggle. Your country sucks at fighting a pandemic, you're to "free" for that.

You didn’t answer my question. Nice try. Well maybe you did, people got fined for non compliance. Great country you live in. Glad your country is smarter than “Americans.” If you think we are not opening slowly and carefully, then I don’t know how to congratulate you on your all so awesome government. What a bunch of bull. Quit watching CNN.

(05-17-2020, 09:16 PM)samhain Wrote: You're the dude out here posting fake drunk Nancy nonsense, literal conspiracy theories and other lies.  You're so mired in you're own far-right bubble that you can't even see it, lol.  

Where's the pic of you and the cosplay boys at the statehouse with your ARs, swastika flags, and guts hanging over your belts playing army?  Call it both ways, no? 

If you think calling Trump divisive is a way out leftist opinion, then you're basically beyond any real point of reason anyway.

I don’t even own a gun and the nazi thing was a little over the top don’t you think? I have German blood in me but come’on? When have I ever done the conspiracy thing you speak of? Is it conspiracy when I offer an opinion different than yours politically? Your abrasive attitude is saddening. No soup for you.

(05-17-2020, 09:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t even own a gun and the nazi thing was a little over the top don’t you think? I have German blood in me but come’on? When have I ever done the conspiracy thing you speak of? Is it conspiracy when I offer an opinion different than yours politically? Your abrasive attitude is saddening. No soup for you.

"When we get the real numbers" quite literally suggests that you think a conspiracy is afoot with the current virus narrative, so absolutely fair.

As for the "Nazi thing", maybe consider you calling a fellow board member a communist (also literally), and likening me to a radical leftist group in the post I responded to. Again, turnabout is fair play. Don't take a shot if you don't want one to come back. How is what I do over the top when you do the exact same thing?

Your lack of awareness as to the discussions you are having makes me almost feel sorry for you.
(05-17-2020, 09:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You didn’t answer my question. Nice try. Well maybe you did, people got fined for non compliance. Great country you live in. Glad your country is smarter than “Americans.” If you think we are not opening slowly and carefully, then I don’t know how to congratulate you on your all so awesome government. What a bunch of bull. Quit watching CNN.

For a guy that is so overly sensitive to critizism and insults you sure know how to be insulting. Guess I rather quit this very unpleasant exchange.
(05-17-2020, 09:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You didn’t answer my question. Nice try. Well maybe you did, people got fined for non compliance. Great country you live in. Glad your country is smarter than “Americans.” If you think we are not opening slowly and carefully, then I don’t know how to congratulate you on your all so awesome government. What a bunch of bull. Quit watching CNN.

The president, his task force, and the CDC came up with a phased plan for safely reopening the country. The first thing that was supposed to happen was a sustained 14 period of the number of infections lowering. That has happened almost nowhere. Here in Ohio, Dr Acton (appointed by a republican governor) stated that you don't just flip the switch. It's a dimmer. Turn it... Watch what happens. Then evaluate from there. What has actually happened was a bunch of arbitrary dates for xyz to happen boom boom boom... So now people are running back out with the level of infection plateaued at a level much higher than when we shut down, and just hoping for the best. I don't know how slow or careful that is... But whatever. I'm gonna do what I think is best for me and my loved ones. But I have a feeling that by rushing this, we are only gonna prolong our misery. It's not like we don't have other countries to watch and learn from what happened to them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 09:41 PM)samhain Wrote: "When we get the real numbers" quite literally suggests that you think a conspiracy is afoot with the current virus narrative, so absolutely fair.

As for the "Nazi thing", maybe consider you calling a fellow board member a communist (also literally), and likening me to a radical leftist group in the post I responded to.  Again, turnabout is fair play.  Don't take a shot if you don't want one to come back.  How is what I do over the top when you do the exact same thing?  

Your lack of awareness as to the discussions you are having makes me almost feel sorry for you.

(05-17-2020, 09:45 PM)hollodero Wrote: For a guy that is so overly sensitive to critizism and insults you sure know how to be insulting. Guess I rather quit this very unpleasant exchange.

Have a great evening gentleman. It's been great.