Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
(09-13-2015, 10:58 PM)BernLock Wrote: No way is he suspended. He wasn't even flagged. You think the nfl after deflate gate is gonna waste it's time trying to enforce that?? Fine yes suspended no chance

This is the Bengals, not the Patriots.  A fine is definite, and with this "warning" about fighting, I think Jones just became the poster boy for that as well.  Props to him.  I love the guy's fire, and you could say that Oakland was doing a lot of crap to try and generate some sort of false bravado, but Jones was way over the line.

I'm guessing two games suspended and they likely lose one of them.  Please, please, learn from this Bengals.  If assbags like the steelers think they can bait you in to a fight with meaningless players, it will happen all day long. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:38 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We need to realize Amari Cooper isn't some porcelain doll either. This guy is a big man that can handle himself. Refs missed it, but hey makes up for them making the worst taunting call in league history.

If you really have a huge deal with what Pac did today then you shouldn't root for Vontaze either... he was going for ankles with more vigor than Pac showed haha.

TWO of the worst taunting calls in NFL history.  If they maintain that approach against every NFL team, taunting will pass holding as #1 penalty in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
Has Pacman ever been suspended for something on the field and not off?
Reply/Quote
This is football not cheerleading practice lmao. More pussification of America if he gets suspended. 20 years ago, no one would be talking about it the next day.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:25 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: I thought for sure Pacman was going to try the double-thumb-gouge. He was all Trayvoning the dude. Wocka wocka wocka.

Meh. When in Rome. I say fine him. No suspension. If Goodell tries it, Brady his ass.

I liked the "out-OTown the Silver & Black" attack. Marvin pimpslapped 'em. His boys played mean and lean, ground-n-pounded, taunted, brawled, dominated. Reppin' the 'Nati in North Cali. I'm good widdit.
Reply/Quote
I thinking a hefty fine and a suspension of at least one game most likely. Bad move
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Has Pacman ever been suspended for something on the field and not off?

Good question, but I think it will still fall under the "player conduct policy"?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:57 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I agree. I hope it is only a 1 game suspension. Hope Dennard is ready to go against SD.

I don't see a suspension

But, one game maximum. But Jones will appeal it so he plays against the Chargers

I have a hunch there is lots of film to be sent to the NFL as Cooper was chippy all day as well.

It is football, let them play.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It doesn't matter if it was retaliation or not.  You don't rip a player's helmet off then drive their end into the helmet/ground.  Period.  End of story.

Some of you sound like children trying to defend a clear wrong.  It doesn't matter what was done to instigate it.  You don't do that.  That type of play has no place in the NFL.  It's similar or on par to that fat **** Albert Hayneworth stomping on that guy.  It's beyond bush league.  It's a garbage move.

You sir are a pansy

Every week DL rip off helmets of OL and don't get suspended.

No punches were thrown. If he rips off the helmet and once he has his head exposed, he hits him, then a definite suspension. This was not even close to as bad as you and others are making it out to be. Whitt has done it 5 or 6 times to DL over his career and never been suspended once. The act whether standing up or on the ground is the same.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You sir are a pansy

No punches were thrown. If he rips off the helmet and once he has his head exposed, he hits him, then a definite suspension. This was not even close to as bad as you and others are making it out to be. Whitt has done it 5 or 6 times to DL over his career and never been suspended once. The act whether standing up or on the ground is the same.

Its a dirty play, he slammed the players head against his HELMET.

Other way around and we complain, its dirty any way you look at it. Im guessing you think Suh is a clean player as well?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You sir are a pansy

It's a typical over reaction to something that's not that big a deal and the NFL won't even care about. They will fine him tell him not to do it again and be on their way. But saying that apparently means I know nothing about football.
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Was Adam Jones in the wrong? Absolutely. Defending his actions with Cooper is fool hearty at best.

Will he be suspended? My guess is no because suspensions for on field actions are generally for those who are multiple time offenders on the field. To my knowledge Jones has not been one to be continually fined, etc. for on field play. The only way that a suspension will come is if the league finds his actions to be so egregious that the normal chart of on field discipline would not apply.
Reply/Quote
Most likely a fine & nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:07 AM)Element Wrote: Its a dirty play, he slammed the players head against his HELMET.

Other way around and we complain, its dirty any way you look at it. Im guessing you think Suh is a clean player as well?

I played the game and I don't care. It is a violent sport. I accepted it when I played and I accept it now.

If he rips off his helmet and starts firing off punches, then yes it is dirty, but guys rip off helmets every week at every level.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I played the game and I don't care. It is a violent sport. I accepted it when I played and I accept it now.

If he rips off his helmet and starts firing off punches, then yes it is dirty, but guys rip off helmets every week at every level.

NO ONE IS ARGUING ABOUT THE RIPPING OF THE HELMET. YOU CANT TAKE SOMEONES HELMET OFF AND THEN SLAM THEIR HEAD AGAINST IT.

So according to your logic, since its a violent sport, Suh is clean, the ankle stomping and all his other dirty tactics are all fair since its a violent game.

Pacman deserves a suspension or fine, plain and simple, its a violent game played with respect and you dont go out there TRYING to hurt players especially in a dirty way. Stop your damn homerism.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yes he was.

I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread:

THAT'S why he wasn't ejected, it was retaliation, not something he just did off the top of his head.

Thank you! And I would just add that pacman is just a goddam ball player. I love the urgency and enthusiasm he plays with. He's got a temper and an edge to him, but I love the way he plays the game.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:36 AM)Element Wrote: NO ONE IS ARGUING ABOUT THE RIPPING OF THE HELMET. YOU CANT TAKE SOMEONES HELMET OFF AND THEN SLAM THEIR HEAD AGAINST IT.

So according to your logic, since its a violent sport, Suh is clean, the ankle stomping and all his other dirty tactics are all fair since its a violent game.

Pacman deserves a suspension or fine, plain and simple, its a violent game played with respect and you dont go out there TRYING to hurt players especially in a dirty way. Stop your damn homerism.

Like I said, it does not bother me in the least.

Garvin broke Huber's jaw. It was an illegal hit and why I was upset. He got no suspension. That was 100 more times more dangerous than what Jones did yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Like I said, it does not bother me in the least.

Garvin broke Huber's jaw. It was an illegal hit and why I was upset. He got no suspension. That was 100 more times more dangerous than what Jones did yesterday.

He got a fine for that right? Yes he did, but why did he get a fine for it if its a violent game? Thought it was okay?

Like I said Pacman will get fined or suspended, because it was an absolute dirty play, homerism is oozing out of you
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:55 AM)Element Wrote: He got a fine for that right? Yes he did, but why did he get a fine for it if its a violent game? Thought it was okay?

Like I said Pacman will get fined or suspended, because it was an absolute dirty play, homerism is oozing out of you

I said in other threads he will be fined and I have no issue with a fine. Yes, Garvin received a $25,000 fine.

I have a major issue for a suspension, it is not warranted if they use a play like the Huber play as a baseline.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:55 AM)Element Wrote: He got a fine for that right? Yes he did, but why did he get a fine for it if its a violent game? Thought it was okay?

Nothing dirty about doing something about it when punched in the face. I'm glad he fought back, ya can't just be out there gettin' debo-ed and win ball games. Ya gotta face down the bully and meet fists with fists, metaphorically and sometimes literally. That's just how this game works.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote