Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
(09-13-2015, 10:58 PM)BernLock Wrote: No way is he suspended. He wasn't even flagged. You think the nfl after deflate gate is gonna waste it's time trying to enforce that?? Fine yes suspended no chance

What the hell does deflategate have to do with him not getting fined/suspended? Easily one of the funniest/worst comments ive seen lmao.

So if a player just stomped some dudes head in, he wouldnt get suspended because NFL isnt gonna waste their time after deflate gate to enforce it according to your logic. Alright then
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:02 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: What is your argument here, that Jones simply won't get suspended or that the NFL no longer has power to suspend players after the Brady ruling? 

The Court's decision in the Tom Brady case has absolutely nothing to do with the NFL's right to punish. The Court vacated the sentence based on three reasons; 

1. The lack of adequate notice giving to Brady (contracted right)
2. Denial of Tom Brady to examine the 2nd lead investigator
3. Denial of production of investigation records to Brady

All 3 are Constitutional due process issues and is why the Judge reversed the suspension. The two biggest issues to the public in the case was whether the league had adequate proof of Tom Brady's involvement, and the fact that Roger Goodell heard the appeal after administering the punishment. The Court did not even address those issues, because the case was decided on civil procedure issues. (So basically, for those who aren't lawyers, law students, or judges he got off on a technicality!!!)

The NFL has the absolute right to suspend players under their contract with the NFL Players Association, and the Brady case did nothing to take away that right. 

If your argument is that Jones won't get suspended for what happened today, then he may or may not, it will more than likely depend on what the refs witnessed or heard other than what was on the video, but if I had to place a bet of all my money on one or the other, I would bet he is suspended for atleast one game.

My arguement was that while yes people can still be suspended for conduct the nfl lost their be all end all authority to do so. My point was while what pacman did today was uncalled for and disgusting to see, I don't think the nfl will suspend him for it. Big old fine yes but suspension absolutely not. If they do he will fight it. The nfl doesn't want the headache right now of something as dumb as this. Both jones and cooper both said after the game no harm no foul. Nfl will move on as should everyone else
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:54 PM)BernLock Wrote:  I'm trying to do this board a favor and rid it of people like you

He's one of the best posters on here. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:05 AM)Element Wrote: What the hell does deflategate have to do with him not getting fined/suspended? Easily one of the funniest/worst comments ive seen lmao.

So if a player just stomped some dudes head in, he wouldnt get suspended because NFL isnt gonna waste their time after deflate gate to enforce it according to your logic. Alright then

If you could simply read my other comments I wouldn't have to repeat myself. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:07 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's one of the best posters on here. Mellow

Best is subjective
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:06 AM)BernLock Wrote: My arguement was that while yes people can still be suspended for conduct the nfl lost their be all end all authority to do so. My point was while what pacman did today was uncalled for and disgusting to see, I don't think the nfl will suspend him for it. Big old fine yes but suspension absolutely not. If they do he will fight it. The nfl doesn't want the headache right now of something as dumb as this. Both jones and cooper both said after the game no harm no foul. Nfl will move on as should everyone else

I gather from your tone you don't want him to be suspended, and as a fan I do not want him to be suspended from our team either. 

I will give you one thing, his biggest saving grace will be the Raiders were playing a little bit dirty today with alot of extra curricular stuff going on after plays were finished, in my opinion the NFL will have to consider that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:17 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I gather from your tone you don't want him to be suspended, and as a fan I do not want him to be suspended from our team either. 

I will give you one thing, his biggest saving grace will be the Raiders were playing a little bit dirty today with alot of extra curricular stuff going on after plays were finished, in my opinion the NFL will have to consider that. 

I must not be doing a good job of expressing myself then because that's not what I am going for. I don't care if he is suspended. My argument was he won't and I gave reasons why. Nfl has bigger and better things to worry about. He will get a fine yes. He deserves a huge fine. It was stupid and uncalled for. But he won't be suspended
Reply/Quote
Bernlock trying to be like Adam and get himself suspended.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:34 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Bernlock trying to be like Adam and get himself suspended.

Haha do I get a union to back me up or nah?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:14 PM)Truck101 Wrote: Right before long name runs out of bounds, while Adam and Cooper are running downfield, Cooper just punches Adam in the face, while he's pursuing the play from behind. Adam took exception to that, of course.

Right......and sooner or later if you wanna stop being bullied ( looking SQUARELY at the Stoolers), then ya gotta start SHOWING you aren't going to be bullied.

This is a violent contact sport.  Teams like the Raiders and Steelers have been doing this type of thing ( and MUCH worse) since the 60s.  Look at those rings.....

If you want fire from this team, if you want to stop being bullied, if you want them to stop cowering in the corner on the big stage.......guess what.....you're gonna HAVE TO have some enforcer types out there on that field.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He should at least be fined.
Maybe a 1-2 game suspension.

First ON FIELD offense I believe
Reply/Quote
I see everyone mentioning the Adam Jones incident...yes it was wrong am I defending it? No , but there were at least 2 other incidents after that with fist flying and none of those are being mentioned at all....Football is a violent sport and tempers flare.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:40 AM)Synric Wrote: I see everyone mentioning the Adam Jones incident...yes it was wrong am I defending it? No , but there were at least 2 other incidents after that with fist flying and none of those are being mentioned at all....Football is a violent sport and tempers flare.

And none of them involved a helmet smash
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:20 AM)BernLock Wrote: I must not be doing a good job of expressing myself then because that's not what I am going for. I don't care if he is suspended. My argument was he won't and I gave reasons why. Nfl has bigger and better things to worry about. He will get a fine yes. He deserves a huge fine. It was stupid and uncalled for. But he won't be suspended

No, you expressed yourself clearly, I was just trying to read between the lines. You gave two reasons why he wouldn't be suspended; 

Your first, was the NFL's legal authority had been diminished by the Brady ruling (which I explained to you in sound legalese was wrong), and your second reason, was given the fallout from the Brady ruling the NFL will not want to waste their time or deal with the headache of such a case involving Jones (They have "bigger and better things to worry about" than a player smashing another player's head off a helmet that was removed by the same player).

If he doesn't get suspended it will not be because either of the two reasons you gave, but moreso what was going on within the confines of the game that led to the incident.

If you aren't passionate about him not being suspended and don't care either way, like I suggested, then your adament position is all the more perplexing.
Reply/Quote
Yeah..i'm totally fine with it. Sorry

Now if the guy had been injured..

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:40 AM)Synric Wrote: I see everyone mentioning the Adam Jones incident...yes it was wrong am I defending it? No , but there were at least 2 other incidents after that with fist flying and none of those are being mentioned at all....Football is a violent sport and tempers flare.

This.....and what kind of penalty does the instigator get for pulling his hair....and the throat punch that led to him getting his ass whipped? 

Mess with the bull and get the horns.....

It was a stupid move in the heat of battle....but at least we didn't back down for once.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:42 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And none of them involved a helmet smash

And if they were allowed to continue? Sorry but a fight is a fight some worse than others.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:51 AM)Synric Wrote: And if they were allowed to continue? Sorry but a fight is a fight some worse than others.

Right.....a helmet was taken off during the NYG/DAL tilt.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:44 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: No, you expressed yourself clearly, I was just trying to read between the lines. You gave two reasons why he wouldn't be suspended; 

Your first, was the NFL's legal authority had been diminished by the Brady ruling (which I explained to you in sound legalese was wrong), and your second reason, was given the fallout from the Brady ruling the NFL will not want to waste their time or deal with the headache of such a case involving Jones (They have "bigger and better things to worry about" than a player smashing another player's head off a helmet that was removed by the same player).

If he doesn't get suspended it will not be because either of the two reasons you gave, but moreso what was going on within the confines of the game that led to the incident.

If you aren't passionate about him not being suspended and don't care either way, like I suggested, then your adament position is all the more perplexing.

He won't be suspended for my reasoning that I gave. Will they ever admit to that. Nope probably not
Reply/Quote
He probably should get a game or two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote