Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
(09-13-2015, 11:12 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah I think people are getting only one side of the story here. And Jones was an incredible contributor today -- he is clearly still worlds better than Dennard (not saying Dennard won't get there eventually). OTOH, yeah it did look bad and generally a guy having his helmet off is a pretty bad thing.

I mean, Jones smashed his head into his helmet. Not sure a story is going to help his case.
Reply/Quote
Methinks the hardest thing to defend is how intentional and deliberate the whole thing was. He didn't just swing at the guy, he took his helmet off and then grabbed his head and slammed it into said helmet. If they take issue with this it's because it seems less impulsive than most scuffles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If one of the Raider's DB's would have done that to AJ, how many here would be defending that DB right now...even if AJ threw a punch first? I'm guessing not very many. :snark:
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So then quite a few players shouldn't be suspended since Deflate Gate didn't work, right? Bring back Bell, Bryant, heck Josh Gordon even gets a 100% clean slate.

Adam Jones will get at least fined, and could very well get suspended.

Just because he wasn't flagged doesn't mean anything. Players get fined for plays that weren't flagged many times.

You must be new to football.

You must be new to football. Bell and all those other guys happened before deflate gate or do you not watch tv? It's like debating with a 3 year old
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If one of the Raider's DB's would have done that to AJ, how many here would be defending that DB right now...even if AJ threw a punch first? I'm guessing not very many. :snark:

I don't see anybody defending the action. You do?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
With all the fighting that went on in preseason....I think the league is itching to make an example out of someone.....Jones has volunteered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/14/nfl-sends-memo-reminding-teams-of-prohibition-on-fighting/
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm trying to justify why the refs didn't eject him. I don't agree with what he did at all.

Some of you (not Eox) sound like bible thumpers who don't listen to anything anyone says, unless it agrees with their POV; did you see where I wrote, "I'm not defending him, but this is the reason why he did what he did?"

I'm not defending anything; refs don't eject people for retaliation unless they start throwing punches, in clear view. If they were just running down the field and he did that, he would've been ejected I'm sure.

Right before long name runs out of bounds, while Adam and Cooper are running downfield, Cooper just punches Adam in the face, while he's pursuing the play from behind. Adam took exception to that, of course.

Yes he does, looks like he might have got Adam in the throat. Back before the punch, around the fifty maybe it also looks like Cooper either grabbed his hair or jersey from behind as well. It's hard to say for sure but it looks like he was grabbing - not blocking.

And for the record none of that makes what Jones did ok.

I want to see some fire and passion in this team, like somebody else said in another thread. A little don't $%#$ with us is a great thing.

You just can't do it like that.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:18 PM)BernLock Wrote: You must be new to football. Bell and all those other guys happened before deflate gate or do you not watch tv? It's like debating with a 3 year old

TJ Ward was suspended the day Deflate Gate was overturned, September 3rd.

Brandon Spikes, Mike Williams, Jonathan Dwyer, IK Enempkali, Zeke Motta, Jermaine Cunningham, and Rodney Austin have all been suspended since then.

So, again, tell me how the NFL can't suspend a player who smashed another player's head into their helmet.
Reply/Quote
Here:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Raiders-vs-Bengals-highlights/ef9b3a4e-c68f-444b-a8ae-c8230e84f21c

Start it at 00:21, it happens at around 00:24 or so.

For the 90th time, I'm absolutely not defending his action, but if Cooper doesn't do that, Adam does nothing.

EDIT: '74' got it right.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: TJ Ward was suspended the day Deflate Gate was overturned, September 3rd.

Brandon Spikes, Mike Williams, Jonathan Dwyer, IK Enempkali, Zeke Motta, Jermaine Cunningham, and Rodney Austin have all been suspended since then.

So, again, tell me how the NFL can't suspend a player who smashed another player's head into their helmet.

What were they suspended for?? Something like what adam did on the field or was it failed drug tests which you can't dispute. You aren't very bright are you. Name the bet buddy. I'd love to bet pink slips on this. Loser has to leave the site permanently
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:33 PM)BernLock Wrote: What were they suspended for?? Something like what adam did on the field or was it failed drug tests which you can't dispute. You aren't very bright are you. Name the bet buddy. I'd love to bet pink slips on this. Loser has to leave the site permanently

None of those players I mentioned had failed drug tests. They violated the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Rodney Austin and Jonathan Dwyer were both suspended due to violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, stemming from domestic violence arrests. Nothing to do with drugs.

IK is the guy who punched Geno Smith. Player punching another player. Just like a player smashing another player's head into their helmet.

You are trying too hard to troll, or you're really this dumb. I'm hoping you're a troll honestly.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:58 PM)BernLock Wrote: No way is he suspended. He wasn't even flagged. You think the nfl after deflate gate is gonna waste it's time trying to enforce that?? Fine yes suspended no chance
THIS.
Reply/Quote
What sucks about this is that it will be huge news tomorrow. It will be on all of the national sports talk shows and all over ESPN. People will parrot the good old "Bengals are a bunch of thugs" line of thinking, even though it's dated and cheap.

The talk won't be about the dominant win or the possibility of the Bengals being better than people might have thought. it will be about a dumb move by a player with a long history of issues and a hair-trigger temper.
Reply/Quote
No way. This was a dirty game. I had noticed Mack giving kidney punches to Eifert while other held him up. The play with Adam Jones occured after the Raiders tried to take Iloka out.

Reply/Quote
If somebody throws a punch at you first in a football game you might in the heat of the moment do something that is overboard. Not trying to justify or defend his actions but it's reasonable to expect an NFL player to overreact.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: None of those players I mentioned had failed drug tests. They violated the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Rodney Austin and Jonathan Dwyer were both suspended due to violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, stemming from domestic violence arrests. Nothing to do with drugs.

IK is the guy who punched Geno Smith. Player punching another player. Just like a player smashing another player's head into their helmet.

You are trying too hard to troll, or you're really this dumb. I'm hoping you're a troll honestly.

I'm gonna end this and just wait for you to eat crow. It's obvious you don't feel too strongly or you'd take my agreement. I'm trying to do this board a favor and rid it of people like you
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Been seeing a lot of media wondering why he didn't get tossed from the game for slamming Coopers head into the ground after that tackle and altercation. After NFL reviews video he could get a suspension. I was actually surprised he didn't get ejected too. It looked bad.

It'll give us a chance to see Dennard out there some. :)

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:54 PM)BernLock Wrote: I'm gonna end this and just wait for you to eat crow and look like the douche bag you really are. It's obvious you don't feel too strongly or you'd take my agreement. I'm trying to do this board a favor and rid it of people like you

Shake, Benton, BD, 'Holic, ANYONE, can you please ban this guy?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shake, Benton, BD, 'Holic, ANYONE, can you please ban this guy?

Ban me for what?? I've been apart of the forums since like 07. One of the first to join here. Some guys giving me shit and you want me banned for it?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:03 PM)BernLock Wrote: It has to do with nfl and their authority to punish so yeah deflate gate has everything to do with this. He wasn't flagged for it. Put your money where your mouth is. What the bet. I'm saying he won't be suspended

What is your argument here, that Jones simply won't get suspended or that the NFL no longer has power to suspend players after the Brady ruling? 

The Court's decision in the Tom Brady case has absolutely nothing to do with the NFL's right to punish. The Court vacated the sentence based on three reasons; 

1. The lack of adequate notice giving to Brady (contracted right)
2. Denial of Tom Brady to examine the 2nd lead investigator
3. Denial of production of investigation records to Brady

All 3 are Constitutional due process issues and is why the Judge reversed the suspension. The two biggest issues to the public in the case was whether the league had adequate proof of Tom Brady's involvement, and the fact that Roger Goodell heard the appeal after administering the punishment. The Court did not even address those issues, because the case was decided on civil procedure issues. (So basically, for those who aren't lawyers, law students, or judges he got off on a technicality!!!)

The NFL has the absolute right to suspend players under their contract with the NFL Players Association, and the Brady case did nothing to take away that right. 

If your argument is that Jones won't get suspended for what happened today, then he may or may not, it will more than likely depend on what the refs witnessed or heard other than what was on the video, but if I had to place a bet of all my money on one or the other, I would bet he is suspended for atleast one game.
Reply/Quote