Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
I'm done cheering on that idiot thug. People have excused him time and time again since he has been here. If the Bengals went to the extreme and released him I would applaud it.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
"Cooper said he thought if officials had seen the play occur, they would have enacted a harsher penalty, such as ejecting Jones. Overall, though, he wasn't bothered by the play.

"I mean, it's football," Cooper said. "It's a physical game so you kind of expect it."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:40 AM)Synric Wrote: I see everyone mentioning the Adam Jones incident...yes it was wrong am I defending it? No , but there were at least 2 other incidents after that with fist flying and none of those are being mentioned at all....Football is a violent sport and tempers flare.
He pinned him down, ripped off his helmet, and shoved his head into it. That is assault. Much worse than anything I saw today.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:51 AM)Synric Wrote: And if they were allowed to continue? Sorry but a fight is a fight some worse than others.

(09-14-2015, 12:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right.....a helmet was taken off during the NYG/DAL tilt.

Was it then used as a weapon?
No it wasn't. 

Stop this. 
He got very lucky he wasn't ejected.
He should have been.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:06 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He pinned him down, ripped off his helmet, and shoved his head into it. That is assault. Much worse than anything I saw today.

Is it worse than eye gouging that happens almost every week?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:10 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Was it then used as a weapon?
No it wasn't. 

Stop this. 
He got very lucky he wasn't ejected.
He should have been.

Yes....both players should have been to be honest.  Some of those plays during other games....and even a couple others in this one....could've escalated into something like this if not being broken up sooner by players/officials.

Still....at the end of the day....I'm tired of the passive nature this team is notorious for.  I'll take some fines and penalties if it means imposing our will and sending a message that we are not to be ****ed with.  With this schedule , we need even the psychological advantage.  

Just the way I see it.  Old school smash mouth baby.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes....both players should have been to be honest.  Some of those plays during other games....and even a couple others in this one....could've escalated into something like this if not being broken up sooner by players/officials.

Still....at the end of the day....I'm tired of the passive nature this team is notorious for.  I'll take some fines and penalties if it means imposing our will and sending a message that we are not to be ****ed with.  With this schedule , we need even the psychological advantage.  

Just the way I see it.  Old school smash mouth baby.....

It isn't old school smash mouth...it's just dirty shitty douche behavior.

You can be a tough bad ass team without using a helmet is a weapon.
When Iloka smoked Cooper....basically just don't play VRey and Lamur and that's a start. Charmin soft
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:54 PM)BernLock Wrote: I'm gonna end this and just wait for you to eat crow. It's obvious you don't feel too strongly or you'd take my agreement. I'm trying to do this board a favor and rid it of people like you

I just disproved your point by showing the NFL has suspended players since, none of the players I mentioned had been suspended due to substance abuse, and one even was involved in a fighting incident like Adam Jones.

I mean I'd take you on the bet, but 1. You're going to get banned anyway. And 2. You'll just use another account so it's pointless.

I stated facts. If he doesn't get suspended, cool. If he does, cool. Gave my viewpoint and proved how you're wrong with the NFL disciplinary actions.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:07 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's one of the best posters on here. Mellow

I'd like to think I'm a 7/10
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:04 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'm done cheering on that idiot thug. 

[Image: avatar_160.jpg?dateline=1439397023][Image: Untitled-2.png]
[Image: TdNYRT6.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:30 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: avatar_160.jpg?dateline=1439397023][Image: Untitled-2.png]
[Image: TdNYRT6.gif]

A popular mean and a goofy movie? 
Reply/Quote
Ah the sight of fans fighting after an impressive win.

**** enjoying the moment, am I right?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm trying to justify why the refs didn't eject him. I don't agree with what he did at all.

Some of you (not Eox) sound like bible thumpers who don't listen to anything anyone says, unless it agrees with their POV; did you see where I wrote, "I'm not defending him, but this is the reason why he did what he did?"

I'm not defending anything; refs don't eject people for retaliation unless they start throwing punches, in clear view. If they were just running down the field and he did that, he would've been ejected I'm sure.

Right before long name runs out of bounds, while Adam and Cooper are running downfield, Cooper just punches Adam in the face, while he's pursuing the play from behind. Adam took exception to that, of course.

Yep, that's what I saw, too. As far as Pacman's reaction to the punch goes, I agree with Chris Rock on this one

[Image: 201412_1727_ggcia_sm.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:27 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It isn't old school smash mouth...it's just dirty shitty douche behavior.

You can be a tough bad ass team without using a helmet is a weapon.
When Iloka smoked Cooper....basically just don't play VRey and Lamur and that's a start. Charmin soft

Looked to me like he shoved the facemask like we see so often during a skirmish and the hat came off.  Hard to say if the helmet was intentionally used as a weapon , or if he went to shove Cooper's head into the turf and the helmet just happened to be there.  I would think the helmet would have rolled off somewhere.....they usually do.  To me.....it was an overzealous retaliation to what the youngster tried to do to him.

Reply/Quote
We need to realize Amari Cooper isn't some porcelain doll either. This guy is a big man that can handle himself. Refs missed it, but hey makes up for them making the worst taunting call in league history.

If you really have a huge deal with what Pac did today then you shouldn't root for Vontaze either... he was going for ankles with more vigor than Pac showed haha.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:38 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We need to realize Amari Cooper isn't some porcelain doll either. This guy is a big man that can handle himself. Refs missed it, but hey makes up for them making the worst taunting call in league history.

If you really have a huge deal with what Pac did today then you shouldn't root for Vontaze either... he was going for ankles with more vigor than Pac showed haha.

Yup.....all of this too.....and don't forget the nut tap.....lol.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Been seeing a lot of media wondering why he didn't get tossed from the game for slamming Coopers head into the ground after that tackle and altercation. After NFL reviews video he could get a suspension. I was actually surprised he didn't get ejected too. It looked bad.

I'm hoping its just for 1 week.  :snark:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: TJ Ward was suspended the day Deflate Gate was overturned, September 3rd.

Brandon Spikes, Mike Williams, Jonathan Dwyer, IK Enempkali, Zeke Motta, Jermaine Cunningham, and Rodney Austin have all been suspended since then.

So, again, tell me how the NFL can't suspend a player who smashed another player's head into their helmet.

Uhmm bernlock..This is what taking someone to task looks like third grader or not! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I see a 4 game suspension.

Reply/Quote
No suspension, possibly a fine. That's why girls don't play the game....
Reply/Quote