Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Jackson do it again?
(01-07-2016, 07:39 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Not if you have to play him twice a year.

Number one,Hue is not going to the browns,he will probably take the gaints job or somewhere they already have a good qb,I do not want to allow McCarron to leave,he is money and is going to be  a force for us for many years.I love this guys attitude and his ability to grasp our offense.He is a winner and you will not replace a guy like him,besides draft picks have to be developed and then learn your teams playbook.This guy is a winner.Do not allow him to leave,and I would promote Hue to HC,allow Marvin to become a gm and in charge of player development.He would be fine with that.I do not want to lose Hue.He is too good and would be very difficult to replace.Next season is going to be a challenge.
Reply/Quote
If Hue Jackson or Paul Guenther take head coaching jobs I hope they are in the NFC like Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer.

As for any dealing with the Browns remember their new General Manager is a baseball guy who would be confused at the combine. "Heck with the bench press! What's that guy's on base percentage?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not going to lie, I'm very surprised people here are saying that they wouldn't take less than a 1st round pick for McCarron.

I'd take a 2nd round pick in a heart beat. Even 3rd round pick.

"He's a good backup". Cool. There's numerous backup QBs to get. McCarron isn't going to start here. This is Andy's team unless McCarron pulls off some crazy Super Bowl miracle.

If the Browns want him for a 2nd round pick, go right ahead. We can draft another backup in the 5th round and upgrade our team overall with another 2nd round pick rather than holding on to a backup QB who only looked well against lesser opponents. And even then he didn't look tremendous.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Hue is not going to the Browns.

He's going to be on the short list for the next couple years (top five candidate) and there's already seven openings this year. There could be another before it's said and done. Next year there's likely to be somewhere between 4-6. No way Hue settles for the Browns.

Personally, I think he's going to the Bucs or the 49ers. One has their QB and needs an offense to move forward, the other will likely be getting a QB in the near future. Miami would be an outside shot, since I really think they'll go with Lynn.

I think the 49ers have just as much of an ownership problem as the Browns do.  They fired a coach who took them to the Super Bowl and lost a lot of players to retirement as a result.  They blew up a good team and only won 5 games this year. Tampa would be the best fit for Hue IMO.  
Reply/Quote
The real question is why would Hue take that job. He got canned after 1 season by a dysfunctional team after 2011.  Why wouldn't he shoot for the Eagles or Giants?....  Hell even the Titans.  The Browns coaching job is the worst in the NFL.

I don't think they will trade McCarron regardless.  Why not hold onto a serviceable backup til his contract is almost up?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:50 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think the 49ers have just as much of an ownership problem as the Browns do.  They fired a coach who took them to the Super Bowl and lost a lot of players to retirement as a result.  They blew up a good team and only won 5 games this year. Tampa would be the best fit for Hue IMO.  

Good point. With Harbaugh it wasn't a results issue. Balke didn't like him and Jed deferred to the GM. And from what I understand, his arguing with Balke was becoming arguments with Jed. And with the spate of arrests, Jed legitimized the departure since Harbaugh had a talented roster, but one he couldn't keep out of jail. There was no way he was coming back, unless he won a Superbowl.

With his replacement, I think they realized you can't just bring in anybody and win, regardless of the roster.

But I agree, Tampa would be a good fit.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:43 AM)jason Wrote: The real question is why would Hue take that job. He got canned after 1 season by a dysfunctional team after 2011.  Why wouldn't he shoot for the Eagles or Giants?....  Hell even the Titans.  The Browns coaching job is the worst in the NFL.

I don't think they will trade McCarron regardless.  Why not hold onto a serviceable backup til his contract is almost up?

Depends on if you get offered something for him. If we're offered say a 2nd or 3rd round pick for our backup QB, how don't you take that? We're not really growing weaker. Just losing depth and can sign another backup QB.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote