Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
(12-04-2020, 11:50 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Taylor is a moron. I noticed in that game they were going deep more than usual. Which is dangerous to do when your left guard is so dumb he throws his guy into the plant leg after getting bulled for 5 yards. I get throwing a lot because you can't run, but going deep often was just dumb.

Let's not forget that Burrow was on pace to throw the ball 60-70 times that game.  That is downright absurd.  No one else in the league does that, much less teams who know that they have poor o-lines AND rookie QBs.  It's almost as if Taylor was so desperate for his first road win that he failed to stop and think about what he was doing.
Reply/Quote
Ask yourself this: Can Zac Taylor coach a team to a Super Bowl title?

If the answer is no the next step is easy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll give Taylor a pass on Ross being a bust. If you look at the fastest players ever drafted many of them have been busts. I'll also point point out that his two highest paid free agents on Defense (Reader, Waynes) have missed almost all of the season.

But to me the most damning evidence against Taylor is his handling of the QB situation. The highest position he ever held in the NFL was QB coach yet he kept Finley as our #2 QB all year, then as soon as he was forced to play he immediately replaced him with a guy from the practice squad. He is unable to evaluate talent at the position that is supposed to be his specialty.

He has no skills at all that would make him worthy of being a HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:  Dunlap was the quitter. 

Saying Dunlap quit on the Bengals is like saying George Washington quit on King George.

In only four games under a decent coaching staff in Seattle...3.5 sacks, 5 tackle for loss, 7 QB hits.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 12:59 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I find it almost impossible for Zac to find another job after he inevitably gets canned. Who would hire him? Even as a positions coach? 

Mike Sherman.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Saying Dunlap quit on the Bengals is like saying George Washington quit on King George.

In only four games under a decent coaching staff in Seattle...3.5 sacks, 5 tackle for loss, 7 QB hits.

Now why is that? Why is it that when players leave the Bengals they improve on their new team? Scheme? Coaching? Enthusiasm?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  It's starting to look like Zac has really embarrassed them in the worst way possible.  

I'm just hoping that this latest public humiliation will lead them to understand that it's finally time to hire an actual GM, and turn football operations over to a professional football mind.

(12-04-2020, 11:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One could argue that Turner and Anarumo need replaced before Taylor.

I would hope it is a Zac, Turner, Anarumo package that it sent walking.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now why is that? Why is it that when players leave the Bengals they improve on their new team? Scheme? Coaching? Enthusiasm?

I think it's all of the above in Dunlap's case.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Edit:  I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.

I question anything that uses the Bengals FO as the whistle blower for an article. Bengals are a lot of bad things, but the FO may be most tight lipped group in the NFL, simply they say nothing so is the article credible.

As far as Bengals, look at top paid players on the roster. They are either hurt, were traded away (Dunlap) due to under performing or under performing.

If a guy like Geno wants to stay a Bengal in 2021, he needs to take a 50% pay cut and even then he may be over paid based on his 2020 production. 2021 is a unique year with the salary cap, many teams will be asking players to take cuts or cutting them to get under the cap. The franchise tag will be rarely used (teams can't afford it). I see a lot of 1 year deals discounted as agents and players bank on 2022 cap being much larger.

My point is we are in great position, we have cap money and can create more cap money by cutting players who under performed or asking them to take a pay cut in 2021. What is a team like Dallas going to do with an injured start QB not under contract who projected to break the bank. These contracts will financially strap teams and force them to make moves due to cap issues.

Bargains will be available so if our FA does a great job, many reason very good football players should want to come to Cincinnati with main one being Joe Burrow.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 11:38 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think it's all of the above in Dunlap's case.

It was handled so damn poorly too.

Sweet Lou floundered with Dunlap and ZT just sat on his hands and let it happen.

Terrible choices carrying over from last season.

It's really no surprise with this mess of a staff.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 02:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agree with your sentiment here....but Marvin's staff couldn't get anything out of Ross either. Not because they couldn't figure it out as well, but because John Ross sucks. No magical quotient involved, he just sucks.

Bingo
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 12:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Could getting smoked by the Dolphins, which wouldn't surprise me, do it ?

WhoDey2 It could, but getting your ass beat by Andy D. and watching your 3rd string QB get killed by JJ Watt will be more bricks in the wall (subtle Pink Floyd reference).

However, I think the annihilation from Shitts burgh on MNF 42-3 and a beatdown from the ratbirds (playing for their playoff lives) 38-3 will be the metaphorical swan dive over the cliff...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 02:30 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 It could, but getting your ass beat by Andy D. and watching your 3rd string QB get killed by JJ Watt will be more bricks in the wall (subtle Pink Floyd reference).

However, I think the annihilation from Shitts burgh on MNF 42-3 and a beatdown from the ratbirds (playing for their playoff lives) 38-3 will be the metaphorical swan dive over the cliff...

I just hope something lights a fire under MB's azz
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.

But it has nothing to do with making him a "fall guy." He just sucks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 02:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it.

But it has nothing to do with making him a "fall guy."  He just sucks.

Right.

They were losing with Burrow.

Losing Burrow should not weigh into Zac getting fired at all in my opinion.

If Taylor is a "fall guy" it's because he's tripping over his own damn feet !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 10:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ask yourself this: Can Zac Taylor coach a team to a Super Bowl title?  

If the answer is no the next step is easy.

The way I look at it is you ask yourself "How would I feel if the Steelers made our current HC their HC?"  If the answer is "So happy I'd explode with joy" you need a better HC.

With that being said, the only not terrible HC we've had in the Mike Brown era is Marvin Lewis, so the odds of us getting a decent HC here are slim BUT it's gotta be a step up from ZT and I say that only because he's statically the worst mult-season HC in 100 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-future-rumor

Edit:  I've been away for a few days, I'll gladly merge this if it's already been posted.

Wondered if somebody would post this article. I like James Rapien of SI, but he has a tendency take little molehills he finds elsewhere and make them into mountains. In this case, it comes from a mock draft from Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. It was a throw away comment in the blurb about the Bengals pick. 

Down deep, you all know that if Matt Miller based this on any inside info he had about the Bengals FO, it wouldn't buried somewhere in a mock draft blurb, it would be a piece on its own, and would be getting picked up everywhere. It would be a bombshell. This is just lazy speculation from a member of the football commentariat who knows little about the Bengals. And you've all seen that before to - national level commenters who know less about the Bengals than we do. 

I'm not saying there's no truth to the rumor, i'm just saying it's not based on anything the regulars on this board didn't already know. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 06:31 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Wondered if somebody would post this article. I like James Rapien of SI, but he has a tendency take little molehills he finds elsewhere and make them into mountains. In this case, it comes from a mock draft from Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. It was a throw away comment in the blurb about the Bengals pick. 

Down deep, you all know that if Matt Miller based this on any inside info he had about the Bengals FO, it wouldn't buried somewhere in a mock draft blurb, it would be a piece on its own, and would be getting picked up everywhere. It would be a bombshell. This is just lazy speculation from a member of the football commentariat who knows little about the Bengals. And you've all seen that before to - national level commenters who know less about the Bengals than we do. 

I'm not saying there's no truth to the rumor, i'm just saying it's not based on anything the regulars on this board didn't already know. 

I know that you're right most of the time, but why you wanna crush my soul like that?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 05:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

They were losing with Burrow.

Losing Burrow should not weigh into Zac getting fired at all in my opinion.

If Taylor is a "fall guy" it's because he's tripping over his own damn feet !

Zac Taylor couldn’t win with Andy Dalton, Ryan Finley, Joe Burrow, or Brandon Allen. If you can’t win with Dalton or Burrow you officially suck as a coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now why is that? Why is it that when players leave the Bengals they improve on their new team? Scheme? Coaching? Enthusiasm?

Detoxification.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote