Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson is a Beast!
(09-26-2017, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just hope that running behind this line doesn't ruin his instincts.

Very true.  For every sliver of daylight he gets, there are four more times he's running into a wall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was my favorite pick in the draft and FINALLY it looks like we have a LB that can rush the QB!!!

To the Bengals credit...they played him a lot of snaps too.

For sure, special pass rusher. He can just lower his shoulder and get so low, he has great balance and power.

Awesome watching him work. Geunther knows how to use these guys, have to give him some credit as well.

I know it is a high comparison but Lawson reminds me of a mixture of Von Miller and James Harrison.

Would be nice to see Lawson be able to stop the run sometimes, haven't seen this yet or if he can cover at all.

This is what i like about Willis, he can stop the run. This guy will be very good too, quote me on this.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 10:16 AM)McC Wrote: I've been judging him by how does he look when he gets any kind of a hole or even a crease to run through and he looks very good in that regard.

Been doing the same thing, plus you have to add Mixon's stats catching the ball out of the backfield which he had a few
long plays against the Packers that were very impressive. Gio and Hill have also looked good considering the O-line.

Andre needs to play RT right now it seems. We run better with him there, someone else said it but maybe Fisher can
play RG if he needs snaps. Don't know why we haven't seen Westerman. TJ Johnson has looked alright i guess but i
think i would rather play him at Center and have Bodine as the backup right now.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to fiddle with the O-line a bit as they don't look good anyways. Have to adjust and play the best
players cause it is clear PA cannot coach up the guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, special pass rusher. He can just lower his shoulder and get so low, he has great balance and power.

Awesome watching him work. Geunther knows how to use these guys, have to give him some credit as well.

I know it is a high comparison but Lawson reminds me of a mixture of Von Miller and James Harrison.

Would be nice to see Lawson be able to stop the run sometimes, haven't seen this yet or if he can cover at all.

This is what i like about Willis, he can stop the run. This guy will be very good too, quote me on this.

absolutely ..he's giving us exactly what I thought Harrison would provide...he's real powerful and squat like Harrison and always seems to have leverage. great to see a rookie who was touted in preseason actually get snaps and produce right away
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:45 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Carl Lawson was awesome out there. The only time Michael Johnson should be on the field is for special teams.

Lawson = Awesome

And yes MJ should be limited to like 10-15 snaps a game at the most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 06:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lawson = Awesome

And yes MJ should be limited to like 10-15 snaps a game at the most.

Lawson + Awesome =  Lawsomeness

The little squirt of awesomeness to come out of this team so far.   Clapping
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 10:28 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Remind me again who he was rushing against?

The Pack are missing their top 3 tackles. It would be like if the Bengals were down Ced, Fisher and Andre. Should another team excited because they have a guy that sacks Andy under that situation?

While I totally get where you are coming from, not many guys can throw 300lb lineman to the side with one hand.

Lawson was tossing people around. Agreed though, he needs to show it against top tier Tackles before I'll say he is the real deal. Tons of potential though.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 09:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: While I totally get where you are coming from, not many guys can throw 300lb lineman to the side with one hand.

Lawson was tossing people around. Agreed though, he needs to show it against top tier Tackles before I'll say he is the real deal. Tons of potential though.

Yeah...he'll have to develop more moves...but he can do that over time. The power he has was really awesome to see. And he got around the QB in other games too...just didn't complete the sack.

He's actually built like Takeo Spikes a lot.

He's definitely the type of pass rusher that we haven't had here since maybe Steve Foley.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 09:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: While I totally get where you are coming from, not many guys can throw 300lb lineman to the side with one hand.

Well, I love that move he has that allows him to chuck those guys. He puts his hand on the guys’ chest at the bottom of his shoulder pads and straightens his arm and explodes into them using his legs and it just lifts the guy up off the ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 06:33 PM)sonofstat Wrote: absolutely ..he's giving us exactly what I thought Harrison would provide...he's real powerful and squat like Harrison and always seems to have leverage. great to see a rookie who was touted in preseason actually get snaps and produce right away
He's ferocious.  Gonna just keep coming at you the whole game and bringing skill.  Combine that with the attitude...

Here's hoping he keeps doing it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

He'll be going against the best this weekend. If he can even manage one sack against Thomas, I'll be really impressed. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 06:33 PM)sonofstat Wrote: absolutely ..he's giving us exactly what I thought Harrison would provide...he's real powerful and squat like Harrison and always seems to have leverage. great to see a rookie who was touted in preseason actually get snaps and produce right away

True, have to give Paulie G credit for using him correctly as well since we didn't use Harrison correctly.

Also seems like Burney our DL coach is coming around finally too.

Remember someone on here saying we should of kept Hayes, hopefully that person was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:16 AM)Millhouse Wrote: He'll be going against the best this weekend. If he can even manage one sack against Thomas, I'll be really impressed. 

Yeah, great challenge for Lawson.

Atleast there are a couple things that are encouraging this year and if we finally move on from Marv and PA we
should still have a bunch of young guys in their prime we can build off with a new HC and OL coach.
Reply/Quote