Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantham Decides To Stay At Florida
Maybe everyone saw how long it took for management to drag its sorry ass to right the ship that it showed this organization really doesn't care about winning.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:06 PM)McC Wrote: Not positive, but I think the Saints gave him a nice extension to stay, so no interview ever took place.

Wasn't Allen's contract up? Then the Saints gave him a new contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: If Taylor is rejecting guys based on whether they might replace him we've got much bigger problems than they want to admit.. It's becoming one big "Taylor is a genius, nobody else knows anything" affair..  IDK.. I'm just not too impressed so far. Perhaps things are far different behind the scenes.

That's how the board goes. They think everything the Bengals do is great.

Then when we lose it's blame Dalton and Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:52 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I think his new $1.8 million/year extension and keeping his family in Florida had everything to do with his decision.

Yep, we were going to pay Grantham the same then Florida panicked and gave him an extension. Doubt anyone would want to move their family after this and there are other reasons. He didn't just say no, he even interviewed.

Anyone thinking that Geno and the boys is not an attractive DC job is out of their minds.

I wanted Elko or even Rex Ryan (if Taylor wants him) over Grantham anyways.

We turned down Del Rio for heck sake, he liked our personnel. Del Rio was my favorite option, but doesn't matter what i think. I only want Zac Taylor to get the guys HE wants.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, we were going to pay Grantham the same then Florida panicked and gave him an extension. Doubt anyone would want to move their family after this and there are other reasons. He didn't just say no, he even interviewed.

Anyone thinking that Geno and the boys is not an attractive DC job is out of their minds.

I wanted Elko or even Rex Ryan (if Taylor wants him) over Grantham anyways.

We turned down Del Rio for heck sake, he liked our personnel. Del Rio was my favorite option, but doesn't matter what i think. I only want Zac Taylor to get the guys HE wants.

I'm weird this way but I think all this stuff just adds to the overall flavor of the story.  A year from now, we'll look back at all this and laugh.  And Rex, man would that throw some extra spice on it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sources close to Bengals and Grantham confirmed they were offering him a competitive deal.

When people use the word competitive I find it usually means it's not the higher of the two. If they offered him a raise, they would just say we offered the most or we offered a raise.

Like the Whit deal. Bengals say it was competitive, Whit says it didn't measure up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:27 PM)McC Wrote: I'm weird this way but I think all this stuff just adds to the overall flavor of the story.  A year from now, we'll look back at all this and laugh.  And Rex, man would that throw some extra spice on it.

I think so too, this Offseason has been anything but boring...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: When people use the word competitive I find it usually means it's not the higher of the two. If they offered him a raise, they would just say we offered the most or we offered a raise.

Like the Whit deal. Bengals say it was competitive, Whit says it didn't measure up.

His people could have said the offer wasn’t enough, from the reporting it sounds like that wasn’t the issue. My point being the mike brown is cheap narrative for everything is lazy.
Reply/Quote
1) He probably stayed in Florida because A.) His family didn't want to move and B.) He knows college football inside and out.
2.) Are we sure we want somebody that doesn't think Geno Atkins or Carlos Dunlap are capable of playing in his system? If that's the case then maybe the system sucks.
3.) Would his agressive system have worked here?
4.) The LB issue can be fixed via FA and draft. It's not like we need Superstars at that position we just need more capable players.
5.) How would he respond to teaching pro Players when he is used to teaching college players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1) He probably stayed in Florida because A.) His family didn't want to move and B.) He knows college football inside and out.
2.) Are we sure we want somebody that doesn't think Geno Atkins or Carlos Dunlap are capable of playing in his system? If that's the case then maybe the system sucks.
3.) Would his agressive system have worked here?
4.) The LB issue can be fixed via FA and draft. It's not like we need Superstars at that position we just need more capable players.
5.) How would he respond to teaching pro Players when he is used to teaching college players.

Honestly, he has a shot at being a HC if he stays at Florida.

Here - I doubt he's considered for an NFL HC job anytime soon.

Florida has been getting great recruiting classes too.

Why would he leave that?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 12:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, he has a shot at being a HC if he stays at Florida.

Why would he leave that?

Dan Mullen is young and will be there forever but yeah I can blame the guy for not leaving.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: His people could have said the offer wasn’t enough, from the reporting it sounds like that wasn’t the issue. My point being the mike brown is cheap narrative for everything is lazy.

Competitive means you weren't the best offer. The wording says what it says. I'm sure there was an amount that would have drawn him to Cinci.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: What about Aubrasive. LOL

He left
[Image: 8750703.jpg]
Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 04:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Competitive means you weren't the best offer. The wording says what it says. I'm sure there was an amount that would have drawn him to Cinci.

That your interpretation, that’s not what it means because...well that’s not the definition. We offer competitive packages at my work all the time, sometimes it’s more than the person is making now sometimes it is less but it’s competitive with the going market rate.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is this.....in years gone by, the interview process for coaches was usually at least a couple of weeks long.  Several candidates were brought in, and at the end of the process a hire was made.  That was it, that was all we ever knew.  Now, these people are running to social media with any shred of info they can find or outright rumor and posting away.  That's the age we live in now, and quite frankly, it hurts our chances more than anything.  

Think about it......did we get every single tidbit of info during the HC search process?  Now, every single candidate interviewed knows exactly what happened.  Before the age of information overload, this process would have been behind the scenes, and they could have gone down their list privately until a deal was reached.  Now, it's all mucked up, and you can't go back to the 2nd choice or whatever choice and offer a deal.  We have ZERO idea how many times this EXACT scenario has played out all over the league in the past......or even now if other teams' plans didn't get leaked.  Twitter idiots are as much to blame in the fiasco as anyone.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 12:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, he has a shot at being a HC if he stays at Florida.

Why would he leave that?

Todd Grantham will never - and I do mean never - be the head coach at UF. And I don't say that because he's not a good coach. He's just never been viewed anywhere as a head coach "type," which is fine. UF will have Mullen for a long time, and if Grantham wants to scratch that itch at some point, it'll likely have to be at a smaller, less prestigious program. 

Grantham stayed at UF for a lot of reasons, but becoming the next HC there was not one of them. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bottom line is this.....in years gone by, the interview process for coaches was usually at least a couple of weeks long.  Several candidates were brought in, and at the end of the process a hire was made.  That was it, that was all we ever knew.  Now, these people are running to social media with any shred of info they can find or outright rumor and posting away.  That's the age we live in now, and quite frankly, it hurts our chances more than anything.  

Think about it......did we get every single tidbit of info during the HC search process?  Now, every single candidate interviewed knows exactly what happened.  Before the age of information overload, this process would have been behind the scenes, and they could have gone down their list privately until a deal was reached.  Now, it's all mucked up, and you can't go back to the 2nd choice or whatever choice and offer a deal.  We have ZERO idea how many times this EXACT scenario has played out all over the league in the past......or even now if other teams' plans didn't get leaked.  Twitter idiots are as much to blame in the fiasco as anyone.

Excellent point.

Also, where you once had, say, ten actual reporters, now you have a hundred wannabe reporters, bloggers, talking heads, self appointed experts and, apparently, some assholes inside the organization with very big mouths.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: That your interpretation, that’s not what it means because...well that’s not the definition. We offer competitive packages at my work all the time, sometimes it’s more than the person is making now sometimes it is less but it’s competitive with the going market rate.

Yep, and I'm sticking to it.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bottom line is this.....in years gone by, the interview process for coaches was usually at least a couple of weeks long.  Several candidates were brought in, and at the end of the process a hire was made.  That was it, that was all we ever knew.  Now, these people are running to social media with any shred of info they can find or outright rumor and posting away.  That's the age we live in now, and quite frankly, it hurts our chances more than anything.  

I miss the good ol' days when we hired a guy like Dave Shula and social media wasn't around to let us know why.
Reply/Quote