Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be AJ Green's last year in Cincy?
(02-12-2019, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ is not diminishing yet. Aside from his foot injury, his game has not dropped off at all..... he's had some drops, but I think those are more frustration, trying to do too much, and that's nothing winning won't solve.

Injuries are part of diminishing. As the body gets older, it can't repair damage to muscle, tendons and ligaments as quickly. This starts roughly around 30 years old. He had the toe this year and the hamstring two years ago. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 12:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Injuries are part of diminishing. As the body gets older, it can't repair damage to muscle, tendons and ligaments as quickly. This starts roughly around 30 years old. He had the toe this year and the hamstring two years ago. 

you don't let go of a great WR cause he was dinged up for a few games.
Reply/Quote
They should trade him this year and get a 1st or 2nd. Investing in old players is not sustainable.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you don't let go of a great WR cause he was dinged up for a few games.

If they did there would probably be 31 interested teams that would love to add him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: They should trade him this year and get a 1st or 2nd. Investing in old players is not sustainable.

A 32 year old WR just won Super Bowl MVP...

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 12:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Injuries are part of diminishing. As the body gets older, it can't repair damage to muscle, tendons and ligaments as quickly. This starts roughly around 30 years old. He had the toe this year and the hamstring two years ago. 

He's had the toe before as well. He finally had surgery. He needs to wear better cleats. They all do, the minimalistic footwear they are wearing is contributing to the uptick in LisFranc injuries.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A 32 year old WR just won Super Bowl MVP...

yea and? oh, what a brilliant performance.  If they had a younger better receiver that game would have not been close.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: yea and? oh, what a brilliant performance.  If they had a younger better receiver that game would have not been close.

Nonsense. You don’t discard players still playing at an elite level just because of age.

Where you ok with letting Whit go?

Reply/Quote
Bengals need to keep AJ if he is healthy.

Best WR in team history and seems to be an incredible young man.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: They should trade him this year and get a 1st or 2nd.  Investing in old players is not sustainable.

I have to say, IF a team would give us a 1st and 2nd...that would be pretty tempting.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you don't let go of a great WR cause he was dinged up for a few games.

Never said let him go. Said sign him to an appropriate contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A 32 year old WR just won Super Bowl MVP...

Who was suspended for PED use.
Reply/Quote
He still commands double teams. Defenses still build their game plans around neutralizing him. He wants to retire here. He's an all time Bengal great. He still produces. Where do we go to find another one of him? I feel that if all the evidence is weighed, you just have to keep him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that's what the Ross pick was...to insulate Green now and then have Ross replace him later.

It has not worked out according to that plan to say the least.

Right-o.  I'd say Boyd staying good and Ross and the rest of the WR crew taking the step up that we are hoping the new coaches inspire would make Green a prime candidate for free agency.
Reply/Quote
AJ is going to play here in Cincinnati for a long time to come. He is still a top 5 receiver in the game, and is of such quality, that when the time comes that he is missing a step, he will go the Larry Fitzgerald route and simply move to the slot and continue to play, instead of the Antonio Brown throwing a diva fit route because a younger receiver is showing you up.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 12:14 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: We did make a plan.  His name is John Ross.  

Of course, I think Green will be around far longer than Ross, who may be on the bubble when training camp rolls around.  The new regime may turn him around, but if they don't, I can't see them tying up another roster spot just for him.  It's a prove-it year for John Ross IMO.

But yes, we at least need to develop another Boyd to make Dalton effective with this OL.

Lets just go Grab Brown...         lol  Brown AJ And Boyd with Ross as the optional 4th WR/KR
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lets just go Grab Brown...         lol  Brown AJ And Boyd with Ross as the optional 4th WR/KR

No way Shitsburgh trades AB inside the Division. They'll be looking for an NFC team to dump him on.....
Reply/Quote
There's no legit reason to trade AJ Green this season unless you don't want to re-sign him, which would be a mistake IMHO. And given that he wants to stay, why kick him to the curb?

Reply/Quote
The only way I'd consider trading him would be if we got offered a top half of the draft 1st and 2nd Round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have to say, IF a team would give us a 1st and 2nd...that would be pretty tempting.

No team in their right mind would give up a 1st or 2nd for AJ. A 4th (with a later round pick) is more like it.
Reply/Quote