Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be Mike Brown's last year?
I still say that starting next season the Bengals will have a dedicated GM. His name will be Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Even if we went 0-16 it's not happening. Mike went through the 90's without blinking. 10 straight losses in 2010.

We're not going 0-16 anyway. The offense looks better, the defense is solid (especially with Burfict back).

I think we finish 5-11 or so, with win #1 coming Sunday.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 03:11 PM)thillan Wrote: MAN was I hoping for some type of source when I clicked on this thread Sad

Anyone on these forums by chance have the money to buy the team from Brown?! We will be great hands!

Yeah, but when I offered Mike $1B for the team, stadium and his '95 Chevy Caprice, he said I stepped over the line.  Sorry, guys.  

I don't think even death will separate Mike from this team.  His ghost will walk around the concourse at PBS muttering about recycling the used hot dog wrappers.  And, I have my doubts that the Katie acorn fell far enough away from the Mike tree, but at this point, it's the only hope for the future of this franchise.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mike will be on his death bed still pulling the strings on this team.

Disney Imagineers are already working on the technology to keep his crusty corpse going and screwing the Bengals over for generations.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess I should have listened to the lyrics of "Welcome to the Jungle" much closer. We're gonna die!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 07:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even if we went 0-16 it's not happening. Mike went through the 90's without blinking. 10 straight losses in 2010.

We're not going 0-16 anyway. The offense looks better, the defense is solid (especially with Burfict back).

Yep. We could go 3-13 for the next 10 years and we'd probably only change coaches once or twice over that span.

Stubborness is their #1 trait.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. We could go 3-13 for the next 10 years and we'd probably only change coaches once or twice over that span.

Stubborness is their #1 trait.

Maybe it's #1A, with #1B being ego, cuz they all think they're way better than they are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Its gotta be one of these years.
Reply/Quote
Organizational incompetence. That's the beginning, middle and end of it.

The recent lightning in bottle owes its existence to Green, Dalton, Geno and the defenses Mike Zimmer made.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I think he'd like to go out on a high note, but I think he's waiting to hand the team over when there's no controversy. I've said it before, but I really think he steps down after the next coaching change. If whoever comes in is a success, nobody will remember mike hired him. If the guy is a bum, the media can always blame mike and Katie wouldn't have any pressure from firing the guy.
Reply/Quote
I don't know one good reason he'd want to. This is all he knows in his life. Only way he gets out is if his health takes a turn. He's managed to "make it thru the 90s", so this is really isn't new for him. Having a not so good team will not make him retire or give up control.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry, no rumors or any reason to think this except for my own musings.

However, let's suppose during this 50th Season the Bengals set a new low and go 0-16. Would that be enough for Mike Brown to officially step away and renounce ALL decision making duties and turn the team over officially to Katie?
This is supposed to be a banner year for the Bengals and they turn in their worst season in history. Would it be enough for MB to finally just walk away (figuratively speaking)?

Now, to his credit, Brown has given up a lot of control to Marvin, Tobin and Katie already. But, would he make it official and say he has NO authority anymore over the Bengals?

I know we all wish he would retire already, but would he?

[Image: laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 07:25 PM)BMK Wrote: I still say that starting next season the Bengals will have a dedicated GM. His name will be Marvin Lewis.

I used to be okay with Lewis as the GM, but now, I'm not so sure.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:26 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I used to be okay with Lewis as the GM, but now, I'm not so sure.

Not directed at you...but's funny watching fans undulate.

The Bengals had 2 GREAT drafts with Dalton/Green/Boling and Atkins/Dunlap and fans assumed that Katie took over. That Marvin took over. That Tobin took over.

Now that we've had average to below average drafts every year since...fans don't know what to think.

Perhaps our great drafts were luck? I mean Green was an obvious pick. Dalton? We need a QB when Palmer left so it was Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallet. Atkins was a great find. Dunlap was projected to go that high and played at a big school.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not directed at you...but's funny watching fans undulate.

The Bengals had 2 GREAT drafts with Dalton/Green/Boling and Atkins/Dunlap and fans assumed that Katie took over. That Marvin took over. That Tobin took over.

Now that we've had average to below average drafts every year since...fans don't know what to think.

Perhaps our great drafts were luck? I mean Green was an obvious pick. Dalton? We need a QB when Palmer left so it was Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallet. Atkins was a great find. Dunlap was projected to go that high and played at a big school.

I know what you're saying, but for me, I have a huge suspicion the offensive line issues are due to decisions Lewis made. On top of that, Lewis has never really seemed to push for signing free agents. We know Brown doesn't like to do so, but it's imperative that sometimes, we need to sign quality free agents and I don't think Lewis seems to push for that. I don't want a GM that is going to be okay with just building through the draft. Add to that his flaws in picking coordinators and not replacing ineffectual coaches and I worry that he won't pick good coaches.

I used to be okay with the thought of being a GM because I think he does have a good eye for talent, but after much thought and considering what a GM's duties typically are, I just don't think Lewis would make a good one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know what you're saying, but for me, I have a huge suspicion the offensive line issues are due to decisions Lewis made. On top of that, Lewis has never really seemed to push for signing free agents. We know Brown doesn't like to do so, but it's imperative that sometimes, we need to sign quality free agents and I don't think Lewis seems to push for that. I don't want a GM that is going to be okay with just building through the draft. Add to that his flaws in picking coordinators and not replacing ineffectual coaches and I worry that he won't pick good coaches.

I used to be okay with the thought of being a GM because I think he does have a good eye for talent, but after much thought and considering what a GM's duties typically are, I just don't think Lewis would make a good one.

I have a problem with the idea of Marvin as GM too because Marvin has the stink of Marvin on him and I want that stink cleared out.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know what you're saying, but for me, I have a huge suspicion the offensive line issues are due to decisions Lewis made. On top of that, Lewis has never really seemed to push for signing free agents. We know Brown doesn't like to do so, but it's imperative that sometimes, we need to sign quality free agents and I don't think Lewis seems to push for that. I don't want a GM that is going to be okay with just building through the draft. Add to that his flaws in picking coordinators and not replacing ineffectual coaches and I worry that he won't pick good coaches.

After what 15 years here...I think Lewis knows that pushing for signing free agents won't work.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not directed at you...but's funny watching fans undulate.

Funny how a couple lucky drafts changed the narratives so much.

In the end, drafting Geno, Dunlap, Green and Dalton was like some guy hitting the powerball, squandering all the money in 5 years, and people calling him a financial genius. The Bengals got lucky and then had no idea what to do with their riches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 07:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even if we went 0-16 it's not happening. Mike went through the 90's without blinking. 10 straight losses in 2010.

What are the other four wins besides @ Cleveland?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had to lead the league in 1st Round Pick holdouts before slotted salaries.

One of the reasons I assume they wont hire a GM...is a GM would want to sign free agents.
I am of the believe that this could be mikes last season and Katie will be in full charge and if so she will hire a GM. and more scouts and start putting this organization into the 21st century.until them we will never be a good enough team to compete with anyone.so far for 50 years this has been a losing deal all the way around except for the Browns.our great city has suffered so so much with losing,no one in sports has had such a terrible losing for their city like the bengals and the reds.what a big big joke.
Reply/Quote