Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
(08-04-2021, 11:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No one claimed it would.

I've heard a few claims covid would just vanish.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:28 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: I don't need to read the studies he posted to make the factual statements I did.  

Like stating mRNA vaccines aren't vaccines?  Or vaccine preventable diseases aren't preventable with vaccines?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 02:46 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Name a goal post I moved once please 

First, you claimed we will never have herd immunity to Covid.  After I explained why your reasoning was incorrect, then you claimed the Covid vaccine wouldn't eradicate all 200+ corona viruses.  No one claimed it would and I specifically wrote I didn't believe it would.  Then you claimed we will never eradicate Covid which, again, I never claimed.

My comment was about herd immunity, not eradication, because of the vaccination rate in the US.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct.
What some don't realize is this is also the case with the flu vaccines.

https://health.sunnybrook.ca/wellness/14-answers-to-flu-questions/

So yes, the entire reason to get vaccinated is to help reduce the spread, it doesn't prevent it. And it also greatly helps reduce the likelihood of developing severe symptoms. The COVID (and flu) vaccines do not 100% prevent people from getting it, spreading it, and suffering symptoms.

How do vaccines reduce the spread?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 05:01 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: So if the vaccine reduces the symptoms who gives a crap what the non vaccinators do, let them get sick. The ones who got vaccinators have nothing to worry about……until the media scares the crap out of them again.

Because I had a parent in a panic because they just learned they were exposed to Covid two days prior.  Their test was negative, but I warned them it is probably too early for the virus to be detectable two days after exposure because most don't test positive until the 5-7 day after infection.  That parent returned later and tested positive.

The reason the exposure had them so concerned is because their child just had open heart surgery and is too young to receive the vaccine and has now been exposed to Covid because other people didn't think they needed to get vaccinated.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I've heard a few claims covid would just vanish.  

LOL

I stand corrected, but consider the source.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LOL

I stand corrected, but consider the source.

Just the most powerful person on the planet.  No biggie. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:37 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How do vaccines reduce the spread?

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/mounting-evidence-suggests-covid-vaccines-do-reduce-transmission-how-does-work
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:36 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: First, you claimed we will never have herd immunity to Covid.  After I explained why your reasoning was incorrect, then you claimed the Covid vaccine wouldn't eradicate all 200+ corona viruses.  No one claimed it would and I specifically wrote I didn't believe it would.  Then you claimed we will never eradicate Covid which, again, I never claimed.

My comment was about herd immunity, not eradication, because of the vaccination rate in the US.

lol...you're back?  How was vacation?  Like I said, we will never have herd immunity.  Everything after that is irrelevant.  75% of the cases in Massachusetts were vaxxed.  I'm not against the vaxx, but it isn't eradicating or providing her immunity.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Because I had a parent in a panic because they just learned they were exposed to Covid two days prior.  Their test was negative, but I warned them it is probably too early for the virus to be detectable two days after exposure because most don't test positive until the 5-7 day after infection.  That parent returned later and tested positive.

The reason the exposure had them so concerned is because their child just had open heart surgery and is too young to receive the vaccine and has now been exposed to Covid because other people didn't think they needed to get vaccinated.

again, the vaxx doesn't prevent transmission or exposure.  So their concerns shouldn't be against the unvaxxed 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like stating mRNA vaccines aren't vaccines?  Or vaccine preventable diseases aren't preventable with vaccines?

They aren't, they alter your genetics to better prepare to deal with it.  This particular vaxx (and using that term loosely) isn't designed to prevent infection 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's obvious you haven't and all this indicates is you actively avoid new information to educate yourself on a topic to have an informed opinion and make informed decisions.

How would you know if you don't read it?

Recommendations are based upon the situation.  If the situation changes, the recommendation may change accordingly.  In the military, you might get what's called a "frago" if the situation changes.  That's doesn't mean the CO flip flopped.  If you see a warning sign for a school zone, you will need to adjust your speed based upon the situation.  That doesn't mean the State Highway Patrol flip flopped on the speed limit.

Your original point was we can't get herd immunity to Covid because of colds and the flu after I wrote we won't get herd immunity to Covid with a vaccination rate of 50-60% nationally.

That's like me stating the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl if they don't make the playoffs and you responding the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl because the have never won the World Series.  No. Those are two different situations.  I've explained why your reasoning is incorrect multiple times and provided sources for you to independently confirm for yourself what I'm telling you.

Last week the CDC announced the delta Covid variant is as contagious as chicken pox.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1131785-overview#a5

After the chickenpox vaccine was introduced the incidence of chickenpox decreased by approximately 90%.

https://www.hhs.gov/immunization/diseases/chickenpox/index.html

The chickenpox vaccine series has an efficacy of over 90%.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/varicella.html

Ninety-one percent of children have received one dose of the chickenpox vaccine in 2007. Eight-five percent of children were fully vaccinated for chickenpox in 2016.

Did the chickenpox vaccine get rid of all herpes viruses? No.
Did the chicken pox vaccine eradicate chickenpox? No.
Do we have herd immunity to chickenpox?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/article-abstract/190491

Yes.

So on one had I have public health experts from the first, largest, and #1 ranked public health program since 1994 in the US stating we can achieve herd immunity to Covid.  While on the other hand I have someone who doesn't even know what a vaccine is telling me we can't based upon faulty reasoning.  Who do you think is a credible source of information?

Thus the CDC's new recommendations or what some call a "flip flop."

Can you give me an example of a virus killing 600K people in a year which turned into a common cold?
again with the book reports that no one is reading.  
can you give me an example of another bioengineered weapon escaping a lab?  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Because I had a parent in a panic because they just learned they were exposed to Covid two days prior.  Their test was negative, but I warned them it is probably too early for the virus to be detectable two days after exposure because most don't test positive until the 5-7 day after infection.  That parent returned later and tested positive.

You can still spread it while being vaccinated though..
Reply/Quote
Just put your mask on indoors, even though they don’t work, do work, don’t work, do work.. just put them on and take another shot to stop spreading it even though it doesn’t stop spreading it. Fn non vaccinators spreading it even though the vaccinators are safe still spreading it..ughhhh
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 02:53 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: You can still spread it while being vaccinated though..

You can also get lung cancer without smoking, but guess what not smoking does?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 03:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can also get lung cancer without smoking, but guess what not smoking does?

I still think you should use the condom example. Most dudes can understand how 96% effective is a worthwhile thing in that case. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 12:23 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: lol...you're back?  How was vacation?  Like I said, we will never have herd immunity.  Everything after that is irrelevant.  75% of the cases in Massachusetts were vaxxed.  I'm not against the vaxx, but it isn't eradicating or providing her immunity.  

I tend to consult credible sources of information like the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health rather than people who don't know what a vaccine is.

https://www.who.int/ith/ITH-Chapter6.pdf

Quote:Vaccination is the administration of agent-specific, but relatively harmless, antigenic
components that in vaccinated individuals can induce protective immunity against the
corresponding infectious agent. In practice, the terms “vaccination” and “immunization” are
often used interchangeably.

(08-04-2021, 12:25 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: again, the vaxx doesn't prevent transmission or exposure.  So their concerns shouldn't be against the unvaxxed

Completely incorrect.  Let's check out ocho's link . . .

(08-04-2021, 12:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/mounting-evidence-suggests-covid-vaccines-do-reduce-transmission-how-does-work

Quote:Vaccination is likely to substantially reduce virus transmission by reducing the pool of people who become infected, and reducing virus levels in people who get infected.

Quote:Evidence is increasing that, not only do COVID-19 vaccines either stop you getting sick or substantially reduce the severity of your symptoms, they’re also likely to substantially reduce the chance of transmitting the virus to others.

Quote:It found immunisation with either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine reduced the chance of onward virus transmission by 40-60%. This means that if someone became infected after being vaccinated, they were only around half as likely to pass their infection on to others compared to infected people who weren’t vaccinated.

How do you think chickenpox incidence decreased by 90% after introduction of the vaccine and we achieved herd immunity if vaccines only prevents symptoms?

(08-04-2021, 12:26 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: They aren't, they alter your genetics to better prepare to deal with it.  This particular vaxx (and using that term loosely) isn't designed to prevent infection

Three completely false statements in just two sentences.  The part about altering your genetics is the stuff of conspiracy theories.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mRNA.html?s_cid=11344:how%20do%20mrna%20vaccines%20work:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY21

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/will-mrna-vaccine-alter-my-dna

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/how-do-vaccines-work?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Yjiy_-X8gIVEyM4Ch0yQQIEEAAYASAAEgIQ7_D_BwE

(08-04-2021, 12:27 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: again with the book reports that no one is reading.  
can you give me an example of another bioengineered weapon escaping a lab?  

Even the US intelligence community doesn't concur with that unproven hypothesis.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd now sounding off about the COVID protocols...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tyler-boyd-unhappy-with-nfls-covid-19-protocols

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 03:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tyler Boyd sounding off about the COVID protocols...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tyler-boyd-unhappy-with-nfls-covid-19-protocols

Mellow

What irritates me about his statement that, "We don't know s**t about COVID" is...so what's your proposal then?
Just go about as if nothing is happening until every single thing is figured out?
Or is it better to be safe than sorry?

I lean toward being safe than sorry.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 02:53 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: You can still spread it while being vaccinated though..

Only the people with break through infections will have viral loads high enough to be contagious.  The others are protected by acquired immunity thus the decrease cases and transmission.  That's why the incidence of chickenpox has been reduced by 90% after the vaccine was introduced.

And that's why most of the patients hospitalized and dying of Covid during this latest surge are unvaccinated.
Reply/Quote