Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys fire Paul Alexander
(10-30-2018, 11:05 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: What we need to do is hire him, on the cheap, as a draft consultant. And then go AGAINST every recommendation he makes.

Paul Alexander: Draft Bust Oracle

P.A: Mike, Mike!!! Check out this guy! He's like a dancing bear, he'll be GREAT!

Everyone else in the room: *Crosses that player's name off their draft board*

P.A.: Hey! What're y'all doin' that for?

M.B.: Good job Paul, just keep bringing us your 'Can't pick prospects'...I mean...your 'Can't miss prospects'

Marvin: *Giggles*
Rest of room: *Snickers*
Reply/Quote
The real question is... Who in the Cowboys organization wanted Paul in the first place?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, mistakes are made with regards to hiring people (in business, coaches, players..all the same) all the time. But the key is to recognize a bad hire and cut the cord quickly, learn from it and move on. Mikey does this all the time..lol
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His swan song struck a sour note, as he was playing to the wrong audience.  Dallas has always been a power OL kind of team.  Historically, they've always tried to carry the largest, most physical group they could assemble.  Paul's finesse game of "catch and release" just didn't play well to the Texas crowd.   LOL

Perhaps Bill Dance has an opening for him ?
Reply/Quote
Don't feel bad for PA. He's got all that money he stole from the Bengals the last several years. And if he ever gets too hard up, he can do piano bar gigs. Judging from his gut, he has an intimate relationship with beer and he might get it free.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:19 PM)McC Wrote: Don't fell bad for PA.  He;s got ll that money he stole from the Bengals the last several years.  And if he ever gets too hard up, he can do piano bar gigs.  Judging from his gut, he has an intimate relationship with beer and he might get it free.

Hmm Maybe I should take up the piano then.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmm Maybe I should take up the piano then.....

I'm with you, this retirement life is starting to kill my gut.... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: to be fair we had some great OLs during PA's time here.... None really during the Dalton era cept maybe '15   but we had had some good ones in he past.   (now if it was cause of him or inspite of him Idk)

But was coming here to post that exact thing lol

Really?!? I cannot think of a season where our lines were dominate in the past twenty years! Alexander was horrible during Klingler, Akili, Blake, Kitna, Carson and Palmer years also! The only thing that saved his butt was the talent and this makes me wonder how much did he hold back the line due to his dumb ass philosophies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 08:13 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Really?!? I cannot think of a season where our lines were dominate in the past twenty years! Alexander was horrible during Klingler, Akili, Blake, Kitna, Carson and Palmer years also! The only thing that saved his butt was the talent and this makes me wonder how much did he hold back the line due to his dumb ass philosophies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 2011-2015, we had top 10 lines, indisputably. Top 5 from 2013-2015 and top 3 in 2015.

2009, top 10. 2005, top 3, 2006, top 10.

Not at all defending him, but these are all indisputable facts, when looking at pressure numbers and YPC/running behind lanes, numbers. In some of those years, the pass blocking was much better than the run blocking (more onus on PA, as he was the, "run game coordinator)," so its not an even ranking, but yeah, numbers don't lie and neither does success on the W/L column.

Call a spade a spade, but its not black and white like everyone makes it out to be.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:12 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: From 2011-2015, we had top 10 lines, indisputably. Top 5 from 2013-2015 and top 3 in 2015.

2009, top 10. 2005, top 3, 2006, top 10.

Not at all defending him, but these are all indisputable facts, when looking at pressure numbers and YPC/running behind lanes, numbers. In some of those years, the pass blocking was much better than the run blocking (more onus on PA, as he was the, "run game coordinator)," so its not an even ranking, but yeah, numbers don't lie and neither does success on the W/L column.

Call a spade a spade, but its not black and white like everyone makes it out to be.

Not coincidentally, he had some of the best talent in the entire NFL on those squads.  2009 is an outlier, because that is the season we ran unbalanced sets a disproportionate amount of the time to mask deficiencies.

He was never a "guru", he was a decent coach when he had elite level talent to work with.....mediocre at best to downright terrible when he had to coach up players.  Remember, this is the smug asshole that said you can't coach players during the season.  WTF?

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Not coincidentally, he had some of the best talent in the entire NFL on those squads.  2009 is an outlier, because that is the season we ran unbalanced sets a disproportionate amount of the time to mask deficiencies.

He was never a "guru", he was a decent coach when he had elite level talent to work with.....mediocre at best to downright terrible when he had to coach up players.  Remember, this is the smug asshole that said you can't coach players during the season.  WTF?

Mhm, you got it.

You need talent too; you can't make gold out of a turd, though Roland had a really good 2009, by the numbers.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: He was never a "guru", he was a decent coach when he had elite level talent to work with.....mediocre at best to downright terrible when he had to coach up players.  Remember, this is the smug asshole that said you can't coach players during the season.  WTF?

I think many of these players did it their way. Great players make poor coaches look, well, great. He wasn't ever a coach. but more like a body MB gave a spot on the team because they were friends. Not like MB cared that much about winning anyway.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mhm, you got it.

You need talent too; you can't make gold out of a turd, though Roland had a really good 2009, by the numbers.

He did play well, and wasn't he the guy that was always the "extra tackle"?

You gotta have talent, but you also have to bring guys like Bodine along when they're your hand picked projects.  He couldn't get Evan Mathis motivated to play.....there are others.  Whiffing totally on Og and Fish should have gotten anyone fired.....I guess it finally did here.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think many of these players did it their way. Great players make poor coaches look, well, great. He wasn't ever a coach. but more like a body MB gave a spot on the team because they were friends. Not like MB cared that much about winning anyway.

Sure seems that way Harley.....and.....well.....he WAS cheap entertainment when Mike splurged on dinner parties and got Red Robin to cater instead of Wendy's. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:48 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He did play well, and wasn't he the guy that was always the "extra tackle"?

You gotta have talent, but you also have to bring guys like Bodine along when they're your hand picked projects.  He couldn't get Evan Mathis motivated to play.....there are others.  Whiffing totally on Og and Fish should have gotten anyone fired.....I guess it finally did here.

Indeed; he had a decent '08 as a part-time, late-season guy and a fairly good 2009, especially in run blocking.

He was the extra TE for most of the year, but Collins saw less and less time as the season wore on, for whatever reason and Roland ended up being the starter, come season's end.

Then in 2010, he fell off a cliff and was basically relegated to extra TE for the rest of his time here.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 04:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed; he had a decent '08 as a part-time, late-season guy and a fairly good 2009, especially in run blocking.

He was the extra TE for most of the year, but Collins saw less and less time as the season wore on, for whatever reason and Roland ended up being the starter, come season's end.

Then in 2010, he fell off a cliff and was basically relegated to extra TE for the rest of his time here.

After his stint with the Piano man he slipped into obscurity.

He should have never been a starter in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
The cowboys stats are not that bad.. they are not great either but i dont know about firing a guy mid season bad... he must have rubbed elbows with someone.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:23 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The cowboys stats are not that bad.. they are not great either but i dont know about firing a guy mid season bad... he must have rubbed elbows with someone.

Have you seen this guy in a press conference?

No suprise if that happened.  He's kind of an asswipe.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:23 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The cowboys stats are not that bad.. they are not great either but i dont know about firing a guy mid season bad... he must have rubbed elbows with someone.

You're probably onto something there.....apparently Lazor had his fill of him here.

Reply/Quote
How did I know FredToast wouldn't comment on this...
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote