Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
(03-10-2022, 05:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly I’d look to the KC/BAL deal from last year for Brown. Some combination of pick 31 and day 3 pick for Collins and DAL second.

No way I would give up a first for him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:29 PM)Tomcat Wrote: No way i would give them #31 for a player that just served a 5 game suspension for bribing someone for a piss test. Maybe at best a 3rd, but more than likely a 4th.

I agree.   Not only that bribing thing, but if I remember correctly, isn't he the guy out of LSU that was a top 10 talent that slid due to being connected to someone that was shot to death?  He was cleared, but the damage to his draft stock was done.   Also, wouldn't Pollack be familiar with him, and wouldn't La'el know Pollack's system?  I think a 2nd rounder for such a talented RT / possibly fill in LT on such a great contract would be fair and attractive.
Reply/Quote
Mauler in the run game, solid in pass protection. But..and this is big….he’s been injured a lot the past two seasons. Add the character red flags with the bribing and its a pass for me. Wouldn’t give up anything more than our third rounder for him if I HAD to I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 06:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not to high on starting caliber OT in this years draft outside of the top few guys. 

Side Note: Frank Pollack was La'el Collins OL coach in 2015 when Collins went to Dallas as an UDFA.

I'm all about Abraham Lucas if they do go the draft route. He may not be 'top end' but he's a natural RT who's steady, reliable and should be able to start out of the gate without being a liability. 

Collins is just too sketchy of a character to give up anything more than maybe a 3rd for, but that's just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 06:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No way I would give up a first for him. 

It’s not a 1st but rather a move back of 20ish spots. You don’t get any fewer players simply your first selection just occurs 20 some picks later. The “value” using a draft chart is a mid round pick but with the added advantage of not losing quantity of players.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 06:11 PM)Yogo Wrote: I agree.   Not only that bribing thing, but if I remember correctly, isn't he the guy out of LSU that was a top 10 talent that slid due to being connected to someone that was shot to death?  He was cleared, but the damage to his draft stock was done.   Also, wouldn't Pollack be familiar with him, and wouldn't La'el know Pollack's system?  I think a 2nd rounder for such a talented RT / possibly fill in LT on such a great contract would be fair and attractive.

Glad I am not the only one concerned with the drama this guy brings?  Recently suspended 5 games for substance abuse whatever, still unsolved case of a murdered pregnant girlfriend.. no red flags whatsoever....

[Image: leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif]

Reply/Quote
If they’re looking to dump cap before eating it and wanting something back I think they’d be happy with a 5 or 6. I sure as hell am not trading my 1 or even moving back just 20 spots. Maybe move around in the middle rounds but nothing early. I could of course be misreading his actual worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 06:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If they’re looking to dump cap before eating it and wanting something back I think they’d be happy with a 5 or 6. I sure as hell am not trading my 1 or even moving back just 20 spots. Maybe move around in the middle rounds but nothing early. I could of course be misreading his actual worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 10M for one of the best tackles in the league. What am I missing? Why would Dallas trade him? Finding T talent is tough enough. I wouldn’t trade our 1st. I’d like to trade a player. I’d trade Bates, who the cowboys were rumored to be interested in.
Reply/Quote
Couple things:

No one is giving a 1st for him

He's another in the LSU connection

Remember when trading for Cordy Glenn was great

He's played a fill season twice in his 6 year career

He comes in a a $15 MIL cap hit

We shouldn't have tagged Bates
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Couple things:

$10m/yr

Cowboys already paid his signing bonus when he signed the deal, option bonus in 2020 when they picked it up, and his restructure bonus when they did the restructure, leaving just a $10m/yr annual base salary. It's actually strange, because supposedly the Cowboys are only clearing $1.35m in cap space this year. Granted they get $15.25m off next year.

Collins might be the best answer for RT the Bengals will find. There were good FA options for all three IOL spots, but I had thought that RT would have to be addressed in the draft. Using a draft pick to get Collins might be just as good if not better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Not a first, but a trade back involving a 1st is plenty possible

Yes

The injury and ensuing issues weren’t really foreseeable.

Yes

No, it’s a 10 million hit for the team taking him on 5 dead to Cowboys.

Disagree, but off topic.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He comes in a a $15 MIL cap hit

His cap hit for the Cowboys is 15 because they are on the hook for thr prorated signing bonus. The team he is traded to is only has the cap his for his base salary which is 10m over 3 years and he can be cut at any time for zero dead cap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Sir,  i think we have different definitions of "couple".  :)

Here are my "couple" of things:

1) Dude is injury prone.  He's played something like 27 of the last 49 games.  (You were the first person to mention this)
2) He's not THAT good.  He lines up next to Zach Martin and many times Dalton Schultz (who is an amazing blocking TE).  

I personally think trading for him would be a bad idea.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Synric Wrote: I just think La'el Collins fits the Bengals. They have been running alot of outside zone in Dallas and he was one of the best tackles in football in 2021. Top Right Tackle for 3 years 30 mil and thr #31 overall pick. I can get behind that...

Yeah I agree not worth the #31 pick with the baggage. With his injury history I would stay away from him altogether.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 08:56 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah I agree not worth the #31 pick with the baggage. With his injury history I would stay away from him altogether.

Injury history?

I think people are counting his first two years as injury but he was a backup. He did miss one game in 2019 and all of 2020. In 2021 he was suspended 5 games for missing his drug test.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 08:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: Sir,  i think we have different definitions of "couple".  :)

Here are my "couple" of things:

1) Dude is injury prone.  He's played something like 27 of the last 49 games.  (You were the first person to mention this)
2) He's not THAT good.  He lines up next to Zach Martin and many times Dalton Schultz (who is an amazing blocking TE).  

I personally think trading for him would be a bad idea.  

I'm normally the first to talk about guys who are unreliable with health, but it's worth noting that the 5 games he missed in 2021 were due to suspension not injury. He did have the hip injury year, but in 4 of the last 5 years, he has only missed 1 game due to injury. His first two years he was a backup.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The people not sure about this are kind of interesting…he is literally the best RT option available and will interestingly enough probably be the same price or cheaper cap wise as a couple of them that aren’t as good.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 08:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: $10m/yr

Cowboys already paid his signing bonus when he signed the deal, option bonus in 2020 when they picked it up, and his restructure bonus when they did the restructure, leaving just a $10m/yr annual base salary. It's actually strange because supposedly the Cowboys are only clearing $1.35m in cap space this year. Granted they get $15.25m off next year.

Collins might be the best answer for RT the Bengals will find. There were good FA options for all three IOL spots, but I had thought that RT would have to be addressed in the draft. Using a draft pick to get Collins might be just as good if not better.

This.  I don't care what he did while recovering from hip surgery and on crutches.. and I don't care that he bluffed his way into free agency when he was questioned about a murder in which he was not a suspect and it pushed him down boards.  The injury itself worries me and I would expect the Bengals staff to work overtime on their due diligence.  But Collins is a top RT (not a converted LT) who is under contract for 3 more years = same years as Joe Burrow.  IMO this would be the answer to our prayers and we wouldn't even have to give up a 1st rounder.  Mixon should be pounding the table for this guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 09:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm normally the first to talk about guys who are unreliable with health, but it's worth noting that the 5 games he missed in 2021 were due to suspension not injury. He did have the hip injury year, but in 4 of the last 5 years, he has only missed 1 game due to injury. His first two years he was a backup.

I actually forgot about the suspension, thanks for that.  Now I have to go back and look and see why he really missed time since my memory sucks.

Games 2-6 Suspension
Game 7 - backup off suspension
Game 11 - "rotated out" 
Game 13 - ejected for throwing a punch

So no injuries this year, you are correct. 
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
OK, $10 Mil is a lot better to swallow. The dude comes with a lot of baggage. I really think he can be had for our 2nd at best. Cowboys are in Cap hell.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote