Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
(03-11-2022, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, since Mack was traded without the Chargers giving up a first then it is fair to assume any team acquiring Collins also won't have to give up a first round pick. 

I'd consider something like:

Bengals acquire Collins and a 2022 4th round pick
Cowboys acquire 2022 3rd round and 6th round pick

Even then, that might be an overpay. 

I disagree but understand. A top tier RT for only a 2nd or 3rd is tremendous value. Even with the character concerns, you at most only wasted a pick since no dead money. Not like we've never wasted a top pick (Sample with this coaching staff (rounds 1-3)). Give me the protector and a RG and make this a strength for the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:27 AM)Stewy Wrote: Not only too much for 31, but I wouldn't give better than a 4th rounder for him.  He has some baggage and a huge salary.  Likely Dallas wlil need to cut him if they don't trade him, so he's moving regardless.  Offer a 4th rounder to take his contract, then re-negotiate a 2 year extension with more guaranteed money to get his future cap number down.

You don't slow bet when you know the other guy ha a losing hand.

You are insane, LOL.

He is an elite blocker with a salary of only 10M for 3 years......

If we could get him for our 31 + 63 for Collins + DAL 56 it would be a steal.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, since Mack was traded without the Chargers giving up a first then it is fair to assume any team acquiring Collins also won't have to give up a first round pick. 

I'd consider something like:

Bengals acquire Collins and a 2022 4th round pick
Cowboys acquire 2022 3rd round and 6th round pick

Even then, that might be an overpay. 

Seriously guys?  

Mack is 31 coming off an injury.

This guy is an elite tackle, not even close in comparison to a younger healthy linebacker much less Mack.

How in the world after the last 2 seasons could so many undervalue an elite blocker? 

Our  Right Tackles graded 67, and 47 and this guy is an 80 with a  with a pass block of 74 and run block of 89.7

We can get a huge steal. No cash hit, minimum cap hit for 3 years!!!!

Collins and Jensen wouldnt be much more than Armstead by himself.  

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:51 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You are insane, LOL.

He is an elite blocker with a salary of only 10M for 3 years......

If we could get him for our 31 + 63 for Collins + DAL 56 it would be a steal.

Glad you aren't our GM.  You watch.  Dallas will give him away BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO.
Reply/Quote

If you put faith into PFF...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:02 PM)Stewy Wrote: Glad you aren't our GM.  You watch.  Dallas will give him away BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO.

Ok, we will see.  Not sure why they have to?  

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok, we will see.  Not sure why they have to?  

CAP
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:03 PM)Synric Wrote:

If you put faith into PFF...

Let's just pull Reiff from retirement and roll with what we know....... 

A top tier tackle with zero guaranteed dollars, only 10M salary, only 28 yrs old, excellent pass blocker, the #3 run blocker in the league.... why would the Bengals need this guy?  Burrow's knees can handle at least 4-5 more surgeries....

Besides, we are GODS at drafting oline... 

I love our fanbase but geez.....  this guy has some red flags but he and Jensen come at the same price as Armstead by himself with way less bonus and guaranteed money.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: CAP

LOL, even the Saints are working to get under the cap without a ton of cuts.  According to Cavanaugh and those insiders Jerry is trying to get to 70M in cap space next year, Collins has pissed off some FO guys.

But the cap can be manipulated in so many ways, especially with an owner like Jerry Jones that can fund the escrow nonstop.

Edit: Those insiders say he is doing this to sway Sean Payton next year...

Hopefully we find out soon.  

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No questions about the man's playing abilities.  However, what we've seen thus far in the Zac Taylor era is a strong preference for high character, high football IQ guys.  Not sure that Collins would even be on Taylor's radar, especially after the attempt to bribe the sample taker thing.

I agree, it is a stretch ZT going after Collins.

But, we have his OL coach when he was younger who I an sure knows him better than us and ZT. I will get Pollack and JB on a call t discuss if I am ZT, if Pollack supports him, it would make me feel a lot better about seeking the trade.

But, I do think Dallas will never give him away as some have suggested, They can just cut him post June 1st and save 10 million on the cap in 2022.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Let's just pull Reiff from retirement and roll with what we know....... 

A top tier tackle with zero guaranteed dollars, only 10M salary, only 28 yrs old, excellent pass blocker, the #3 run blocker in the league.... why would the Bengals need this guy?  Burrow's knees can handle at least 4-5 more surgeries....

Besides, we are GODS at drafting oline... 

I love our fanbase but geez.....  this guy has some red flags but he and Jensen come at the same price as Armstead by himself with way less bonus and guaranteed money.

I really don't see why you are getting bent out of shape and being snarky.  Nothing you say here, or anyone else for that matter, will impact what the Bengals do.  It's all just speculative fun.

The people running the show in the FO, know more than we know and they also know the OLine sucks.  They've forgotten more about football than anybody on this forum knows.  Either they'll be interested in Collins or not.  All our lives will go on regardless.  No sense needing some nitro to get through NFL FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But, I do think Dallas will never give him away as some have suggested, They can just cut him post June 1st and save 10 million on the cap in 2022.

Better to get a 3rd or 4th vs. nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:49 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I disagree but understand. A top tier RT for only a 2nd or 3rd is tremendous value. Even with the character concerns, you at most only wasted a pick since no dead money. Not like we've never wasted a top pick (Sample with this coaching staff (rounds 1-3)). Give me the protector and a RG and make this a strength for the team.

So you think we have to give up the 1st rounder to get him? That picks from round 2 - 7 couldn't make it happen?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: I really don't see why you are getting bent out of shape and being snarky.  Nothing you say here, or anyone else for that matter, will impact what the Bengals do.  It's all just speculative fun.

The people running the show in the FO, know more than we know and they also know the OLine sucks.  They've forgotten more about football than anybody on this forum knows.  Either they'll be interested in Collins or not.  All our lives will go on regardless.  No sense needing some nitro to get through NFL FA.

Im just joking, its crazy to go through a season like this though and see several opportunities to improve... my lack of faith is actually with our front office, although I give them great credit for the defense rebuild.. we will see.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:56 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously guys?  

Mack is 31 coming off an injury.

This guy is an elite tackle, not even close in comparison to a younger healthy linebacker much less Mack.

How in the world after the last 2 seasons could so many undervalue an elite blocker? 

Our  Right Tackles graded 67, and 47 and this guy is an 80 with a  with a pass block of 74 and run block of 89.7

We can get a huge steal. No cash hit, minimum cap hit for 3 years!!!!

Collins and Jensen wouldnt be much more than Armstead by himself.  

I saw you replied to me about this in another post. I'm surprised to see people think we'd have to give up a 1st rounder. If Dallas trades him to any team, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im just joking, its crazy to go through a season like this though and see several opportunities to improve... my lack of faith is actually with our front office, although I give them great credit for the defense rebuild.. we will see.
Yep well said.  And as a result, I'm looking forward to the 14th, not dreading it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So you think we have to give up the 1st rounder to get him? That picks from round 2 - 7 couldn't make it happen?

31 and swap 2nds we move up to 56.  We are not the only team interested.  

That 5th year option at 31 is valuable.

Giants, Broncos, Dolphins all pick too early to give up their 1st.

Raiders could swap them #1's possibly or something to that effect.

As Stewy said it is all speculation, it would be great to get this done by Tuesday.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 31 and swap 2nds we move up to 56.  We are not the only team interested.  

That 5th year option at 31 is valuable.

Giants, Broncos, Dolphins all pick too early to give up their 1st.

Raiders could swap them #1's possibly or something to that effect.

As Stewy said it is all speculation, it would be great to get this done by Tuesday.

The Donkies gave up their 1st pick to get Wilson, right? Just asking, not trying to make it a major talking point.

Anyhow, as we've all just posted, the free agency window is going to be exciting to watch!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Donkies gave up their 1st pick to get Wilson, right? Just asking, not trying to make it a major talking point.

Anyhow, as we've all just posted, the free agency window is going to be exciting to watch!

I meant to say that the Broncos have no trade capital after the Russell deal, no idea why they are in this competition, but claims are that they are inquiring...????

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I meant to say that the Broncos have no trade capital after the Russell deal, no idea why they are in this competition, but claims are that they are inquiring...????

I suppose they want to beef up the protection for Wilson.
Reply/Quote