Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Crazy Stats and Quotes Thread
Talk about massive overreaction:

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, yeah I mean Mixon trips over yard lines let alone defenders. 
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 04:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of people forget the snowboarding accident with Luck, too. Fortunately for us, I think Burrow lives and breathes football.

This. Burrow isn't going to pull an Andrew Luck even if he bangs up his knee 3 more times. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 03:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Talk about massive overreaction:

Whitlock was the one all over the media saying Burrow should refuse to sign with Cincinnati. That being said, I wish Burrow would shut the hell up. Unless he plans to follow LeBron's stance of supporting Communist China and mocking Rittenhouse's crying on the stand or all sorts of hot-button issues. 

If entertainers want to wade into hot-button issues, they have the freedom to do so. And I and millions have the right to oppose them if we don't like their stance. If Burrow wants to wade into abortion, then he better be prepared to lose half his supporters, whichever way he goes, because that is an issue people take very serious stands on.

Jordon was the master of staying within his expertise of sports and not using his platform to say vote Democratic or vote Republican or be pro-abortion or be pro-life or support the Hong Kong protestors and Eris Kanter or support totalitarian regimes.

I also have strong opinions. And if I don't like Burrow's view, then I'll support the Bengals, but not be an avid supporter of Burrow. He may not care about me, or my enjoyment of sports, but there are millions like me that watch sports and movies for enjoyment and don't like to put money in the pocket of those with opposing view.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 03:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Talk about massive overreaction:

A couple bad games…

[Image: E6yUaUqVkAEL3iU.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 07:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When Gio was on the team and Mixon was struggling, Gio would come in and rip off some 5-7 yard runs, and suddenly Mixon would start playing better. I think we need to give Evans some time.

That’s a good point.I had forgotten about that.But yes,that scheme did work out pretty good for us.Mixon is being over used.
Reply/Quote
25 straight games where Burrow is 60+% completion rate, league record
Reply/Quote
Crazy quote?

"I'm gonna come find you" -Tyreek Hill (who claims he was 'disrespected' by a Bengals assistant during the game)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Shooter's 57 yarder would've been good from 64.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bengals 1 of only 3 teams to not surrender a 2nd half TD so far.

Lou really is a master of in game adjustments.

Reply/Quote
After week four, the Bengals are playing like an 11 win team. Last year, I ran an analytics thread where I predicted teams final records using their point differentials. With week four data, I predicted 75% of the leagues final record to within two games.

So, this puts the Bengals floor at nine wins and their ceiling at 13 wins, using that logic.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bengals 1 of only 3 teams to not surrender a 2nd half TD so far.

And they could be standing alone in that stat by the end of this weekend.  

Definitely have to give props to Lou for it.  He did the same last year, and it made a huge difference and improvement over previous years. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:27 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: And they could be standing alone in that stat by the end of this weekend.  

Definitely have to give props to Lou for it.  He did the same last year, and it made a huge difference and improvement over previous years. 

I’m old enough to remember when in game adjustments were just “journalistic jargon.” LOL

Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense has only given up 1 TD in the last 11 quarters.

Reply/Quote

It’s seriously time to consider going to Perine.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bengals 1 of only 3 teams to not surrender a 2nd half TD so far.

Remember when seemingly everyone on this board was saying the only reason Lou got hired was because no other DC would work for Zac???? Yeah, that was awesome!!!! Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 03:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Talk about massive overreaction:

Disappointed to see this from Whitlock. Although apparently he's no stranger to this. I've seen him as a contributor for Fox News numerous times and he's come out and mocked certain BLM riots, so I figured he wasn't a race baiter. Guess I was wrong.

At what point do people just get tired of this garbage? Are we already there? I live in the south currently but lived in L.A. and I can honestly say I went from one extreme to the other. I have no idea.
Reply/Quote
Chubb is averaging more yards after contact (2.6) than mixon is in total (2.5).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This post will live on (double posted into the Joe Mixon thread), RBs with ~25 carries or more through 3 games (4 for Mixon):

Aaron jones (GB) - 4.1 yards after contact
Saquon Barkley (NY) - 3.9 yards after contact
Khalil Herberet (CHI) - 3.1 yards after contact
D'eandre Swift (DET) - 3.1 yards after contact
Joshua Kelley (LAC) - 2.9 yards after contact
David Montgomery (CHI) - 2.9 yards after contact
Nick Chubb (CLE) - 2.6 yards after contact
Josh Jacobs (LV) - 2.6 yards after contact
Tony Pollard (DAL) - 2.5 yards after contact
Travis Etiene Jr (JAX) - 2.5 yards after contact
Mike Sanders (PHI) - 2.4 yards after contact
Dameon Pierce (HOU) - 2.4 yards after contact