Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Crazy Stats and Quotes Thread
(10-06-2022, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I loved Big Willie, but was he really facing off against those guys?  Bruce Smith was practically always a RDE from memory, which would mean he didn't line up against Anderson.  I do seem to remember the '06 Carolina game where Peppers did line up against him on a number of occasion.

I hope he makes it to the Hall, and believe he will eventually.  But I'm a bit skeptical of that endorsement.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:26 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I loved Big Willie, but was he really facing off against those guys?  Bruce Smith was practically always a RDE from memory, which would mean he didn't line up against Anderson.  I do seem to remember the '06 Carolina game where Peppers did line up against him on a number of occasion.

I hope he makes it to the Hall, and believe he will eventually.  But I'm a bit skeptical of that endorsement.

Well, Alexander was on the sideline for all of it, so you’d think he’d know…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Alexander was on the sideline for all of it, so you’d think he’d know…

It’s a fair question. Willie played the Bruce Smith Bills twice in his career. The first game, Smith dominated and recorded 1.5 sacks. The second game, Smith had no sacks. I watched some, not all, of the 2nd game. Smith primarily played against the LT, but I saw a few snaps against Willie.

Realistically, Willie probably played less than 20 snaps against Smith, but technically he did play against him so he goes on the list.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s a fair question. Willie played the Bruce Smith Bills twice in his career. The first game, Smith dominated and recorded 1.5 sacks. The second game, Smith had no sacks. I watched some, not all, of the 2nd game. Smith primarily played against the LT, but I saw a few snaps against Willie.

Realistically, Willie probably played less than 20 snaps against Smith, but technically he did play against him so he goes on the list.

The Ravens always had a good passrush with Boulware and McCreary, etc.
Reply/Quote

Zac Taylor was sold to us as being a young, offensive minded play caller in the vein of Sean McVay.

We were duped. They mostly succeeded last year because of Ja’Marr Chase’s big play ability. With teams selling out to take that away Taylor is being exposed.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That is a crazy stat. Quite surprised that's the case. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:24 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: That is a crazy stat. Quite surprised that's the case. 

I’m not. This is probably, already entering all time season territory.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m not.  This is probably, already entering all time season territory.

Would be interesting to know. If Detroit could play Green Bay 17 times a season, they'd probably have lost on the last play 17 times.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Zac Taylor was sold to us as being a young, offensive minded play caller in the vein of Sean McVay.

We were duped. They mostly succeeded last year because of Ja’Marr Chase’s big play ability. With teams selling out to take that away Taylor is being exposed.

Yep

If I'm not mistaken (and if I am it's not by much) we had a grand total of 22 yards of offense on our 1st four possessions. 10 days to prepare and against one of the worst D's against the pass in the NFL. It's unacceptable !!

Zac Taylor has 54 games under his belt now as HC/OC and a record of 18-35-1 in the regular season. And he still can't set up the scripted plays to start a game. We look like hammered do-doo starting a game.

We drastically need a real NFL level OC. If Zac ain't got it figured out by now I doubt he's going to.

Our defense doesn't deserve this.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Perfect summary.

Honestly, what coach couldn't come in and get more out of this team? Franchise QB, 3 good WR's, good RB, and a capable TE.

I just hope that these guys don't turn on Taylor and end up wanting out. It will take the milk time to sour, but it could happen if things don't get fixed.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

If I'm not mistaken (and if I am it's not by much) we had a grand total of 22 yards of offense on our 1st four possessions. 10 days to prepare and against one of the worst D's against the pass in the NFL. It's unacceptable !!

Zac Taylor has 54 games under his belt now as HC/OC and a record of 18-35-1 in the regular season. And he still can't set up the scripted plays to start a game. We look like hammered do-doo starting a game.

We drastically need a real NFL level OC. If Zac ain't got it figured out by now I doubt he's going to.

On the other end...Zac has a pretty terrible record when trailing going into the 4th quarter.

He's something like 2-26. (I could be off a game or 2, but it's bad.)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Not one of, DEAD LAST coming into last night.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not one of, DEAD LAST coming into last night.

That's another major problem.

Couldn't run against Steelers last ranked run D (from last year). Couldn't pass against the Ravens last ranked pass defense.
Reply/Quote

Trey top 5 in pressures.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

What is more impressive the 5 wins or that 400+ teams had this exact scenario 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I’d be curious to know how the passing attacks fared in those games. If the Saints had any semblance of a passing attack, Cincinnati loses easily today.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:17 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’d be curious to know how the passing attacks fared in those games. If the Saints had any semblance of a passing attack, Cincinnati loses easily today.

For the teams that won, i'd say the opponents passing attack must not have been very good to lose the game.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For the teams that won, i'd say the opponents passing attack must not have been very good to lose the game.

The Browns and Chargers game was actually last season. Baker played well, but Herbert just played better. Chargers won 47-42.
Reply/Quote