Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Crazy Stats and Quotes Thread
Only 1 other RB in league history has averaged under 3 yards per carry in their first 4 games (with 12 carries or more per game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoEEeMcEb4o

Reply/Quote
The D is carrying the O like last season, if it werent because of the talent in the O, we'd be 8-8 easily. This is mostly to Zac's schemes and play calls.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 04:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of people forget the snowboarding accident with Luck, too. Fortunately for us, I think Burrow lives and breathes football.

Excellent point.  I remember, too, that Luck was kind of arrogant and didn't want to go down often.  He would instead dive head first to move the chains and took a lot of hits.  He was such a big guy he thought he could handle it, but once you F a back, it is F'd for life.  

Burrow admitted that a lot of the sacks are on him and I think as he gets back to 100% size, strength, and feel that he will get the ball out earlier and will take fewer and fewer hits.  

If this rushing attack can get going it would go a long way to prevent teams from teeing off on Joe.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 07:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When Gio was on the team and Mixon was struggling, Gio would come in and rip off some 5-7 yard runs, and suddenly Mixon would start playing better. I think we need to give Evans some time.

Good point.  I could see the same thing happening with Chase and Higgins.  Due to Higgins quick start, I could see Chase having a huge game against the Rats.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Crazy quote?

"I'm gonna come find you" -Tyreek Hill (who claims he was 'disrespected' by a Bengals assistant during the game)

Did you see how Reader kind of punked him with a Tweet to Eli Apple?  I forget what he said exactly, but it was something like "Did he find you?  Looked good from my view".  Tyreek Hill is close to becoming the next AB.  He hates everyone and everything is someone else's fault.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 08:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Excellent point.  I remember, too, that Luck was kind of arrogant and didn't want to go down often.  He would instead dive head first to move the chains and took a lot of hits.  He was such a big guy he thought he could handle it, but once you F a back, it is F'd for life.  

Burrow admitted that a lot of the sacks are on him and I think as he gets back to 100% size, strength, and feel that he will get the ball out earlier and will take fewer and fewer hits.  

If this rushing attack can get going it would go a long way to prevent teams from teeing off on Joe.  

Right

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Perine and Evans getting the Lions share of touches against Ravens. Light a fire under Joe Mixon, hopefully.

Somebody said in a thread week or so ago "if we had Nick Chubb we'd be unstoppable" And it's true. We have to start getting some more productive runs.
Reply/Quote
From today's Peter King column

On Sept. 29, 2019, Teddy Bridgewater threw for 193 yards quarterbacking the New Orleans Saints, with left tackle Terron Armstead protecting his blind side. On defense that day for the Saints: defensive end Trey Hendrickson, cornerback Eli Apple and safety Vonn Bell, who accounted for two takeaways (both fumble recoveries).

On Sept. 29, 2022, Teddy Bridgewater threw for 193 yards quarterbacking the Miami Dolphins, with left tackle Terron Armstead protecting his blind side. On defense that day for the Bengals: defensive end Trey Hendrickson, cornerback Eli Apple and safety Vonn Bell, who accounted for two takeaways (both interceptions).
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 12:38 PM)BengalBob Wrote: From today's Peter King column

On Sept. 29, 2019, Teddy Bridgewater threw for 193 yards quarterbacking the New Orleans Saints, with left tackle Terron Armstead protecting his blind side. On defense that day for the Saints: defensive end Trey Hendrickson, cornerback Eli Apple and safety Vonn Bell, who accounted for two takeaways (both fumble recoveries).

On Sept. 29, 2022, Teddy Bridgewater threw for 193 yards quarterbacking the Miami Dolphins, with left tackle Terron Armstead protecting his blind side. On defense that day for the Bengals: defensive end Trey Hendrickson, cornerback Eli Apple and safety Vonn Bell, who accounted for two takeaways (both interceptions).

That is insane
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
This conservative,predictable play calling is having a negative effect on Burrow,and others.Once they get inside the red zone,I would throw it on every down.I wouldn’t even think about Mixon.

How many times have they been inside the red zone this year??? A lot. They’ve turned it over on downs,turnovers,had to settle for field goals.They need to target their wide receivers,and TE.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

What does this mean?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This conservative,predictable play calling is having a negative effect on Burrow,and others.Once they get inside the red zone,I would throw it on every down.I wouldn’t even think about Mixon.

How many times have they been inside the red zone this year??? A lot. They’ve turned it over on downs,turnovers,had to settle for field goals.They need to target their wide receivers,and TE.

When we have a RB who's worst in the league but 2nd in carrier I think you can find the crux of our offensive issues. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: What does this mean?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34649390/espn-receiver-tracking-metrics-how-new-nfl-stats-work-open-catch-yac-scores

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Only 1 other RB in league history has averaged under 3 yards per carry in their first 4 games (with 12 carries or more per game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoEEeMcEb4o

Everyone wants to get their names in the record books. Can't let Chase (ROTY) and Burrow (Most sacks) have them all.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/barryonhere/status/1576671677991485440?s=46&t=B1hY1xSM1NjXJWugmXoq7w
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Big Willie is definitely one of my all time favorites. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

This is the type of info that needs circulate among the greater NFL community and the voters to help Willie's chances of getting in.
Reply/Quote

Hubbard continues to be underrated, even by some of our own fans.

Reply/Quote