Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Where Credit Is Due
(10-29-2021, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, to be even compared to Justin Tucker is a compliment. McPherson is a rookie and it was windy. He gets a pass for now.

I must have said that wrong Nate.

They were comparing Evan to Tuckler saying that Nate should be expected not to miss like that because Tucker wouldn't have missed, even though the 15 year vet on the Packers missed 4 kicks that very same game!!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 07:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I must have said that wrong Nate.

They were comparing Evan to Tuckler saying that Nate should be expected not to miss like that because Tucker wouldn't have missed, even though the 15 year vet on the Packers missed 4 kicks that very same game!!

Ahhh okay. Tucker could of missed that one for all we know. Pretty unfair to think he is going to be the best kicker of all time
in his rookie year. No one is perfect. Certainly not Crosby that game lol
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahhh okay. Tucker could of missed that one for all we know. Pretty unfair to think he is going to be the best kicker of all time
in his rookie year. No one is perfect. Certainly not Crosby that game lol

EXACTLY!!

Darrin Simmons himself said it, "When I see our rookie miss 2 kicks in a game, and the 15 year vet on the other side misses 4 kicks, it's not rocket science to conclude it's the wind, which we were concerned about before the game!"  (My paraphrase of course)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 05:14 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Man what a bipolar experience those game day threads are lol.  I kind of avoid them too.   And I completely agree with the second part (as well as some of the negativity coming into the season).   Us Bengal fans are sadly a bit gun-shy due to the past letdowns.   

Exactly, and some are more vocal with those emotions in the GD thread. I don't judge them really. It kinda reminds me of watching with my Dad or some of my buddies through the years. After a good play, we're going to the SB. After a bad play, the season is down the tubes. LOL

So yeah, I don't judge the guys in there, I just don't think it's fun to read through that roller coaster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly, and some are more vocal with those emotions in the GD thread. I don't judge them really. It kinda reminds me of watching with my Dad or some of my buddies through the years. After a good play, we're going to the SB. After a bad play, the season is down the tubes. LOL

So yeah, I don't judge the guys in there, I just don't think it's fun to read through that roller coaster.

That's the whole point of the OP SB.

Many live, eat, and breathe football (Bengals here) and it is fun to watch the roller coaster, and SOME here really don't see it in themselves.

Would be kind of entertaining to make that comparison in writing and see what happens next.

If we can't laugh at ourselves then there's something wrong.

Look at me.  I predicted 5-12 before preseason, NOT expecting them to be as healthy as they have been, and yet I expect them to break that record on Sunday!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Seems he gets more love than shade thrown at him on here.

Plus both kicks barely missed, the first one looked dead center until it hooked at the last second and the second hit other the flag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really, I must of missed the people trashing on McPherson. I sure didn't blame him for that loss, I blame Burrow for both our 
losses this year but hey, he still has played great. Just had about 5 terrible interceptions that shouldn't of happened.

There was a bit of backlash on twitter, but he was "outshanked" by Crosby, and it was his only misses of significance.  He has been a real find and a huge asset to the team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote