Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut Fat Randy now
Alright, alright. Randy messed up big time & as fans, we react emotionally. Time to move on. The only way he gets cut is if there is a way more talented kicker available for the right price.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When you have a calf cramp, like the one Bullock supposedly had, it hurts a little bit after for a while too. It doesn't instantly go away. The best way to get rid of a calf cramp is to simply walk it off. Your focus is on the specific cramping calf. Not the other one for any reason. If you've had a calf cramp you would know this. So why is Randy holding his right calf? Later he is quoted for saying it was his left calf that cramped. During that interview, he is likely still feeling that cramp a little bit at least. It's not likely that you would forget which calf cramped. They can hurt like a mfer.

In other words, that sh!t was fake. And he was embarrassed, so he faked an injury. Nobody really seemed to care that he was hurt after he missed the kick because they knew it was bs.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Cramped or not, Fat Randy was the Bengals’ leading scorer. He was responsible for 7/13 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:20 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cramped or not, Fat Randy was the Bengals’ leading scorer.  He was responsible for 7/13 points.

You hit those man. He could be the leading scorer on the team all season long. YOU HIT THOSE.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:24 AM)Takedown Wrote: You hit those man. He could be the leading scorer on the team all season long. YOU HIT THOSE.

Timing is everything in life. That was an absolutely awful time to miss. I still blame ZT more than anyone though. If we had a couple timeouts to work with Burrow gets multiple shots at the EZ.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bad take.

Joe Mixon fumbles and the Chargers get a FG: No calls to cut.
Joe Burrow shovel passes right at a DL while in FG range: No calls to cut.

Randy Bullock is a good kicker for years and nails a 50 yarder today, scored 7 of the Bengals 13 points, but misses a FG and gets hurt: Thread to cut him.

Bullock really shouldn't have missed that kick, but he's been a good kicker for the Bengals.

This.  Just all of this.

Buntch of babies on this board.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:29 AM)motoarch Wrote: This.  Just all of this.

Buntch of babies on this board.

I'll admit the cut and fire sort of talk is a bit much, but the ZT era is off to a whizzbang 2-15 start and we are 0-9 in close games.  Lordy loo, I'd say the fact that people are still getting upset is a good sign in a way.

Off to Cleveland!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:09 PM)Tony Wrote: Hes not a good player. Hes blown lots of games and done boneheaded stuff at the wrong time.. He just needs to go. He is an average kicker nothing special. You could bring someone off the street just as good.

Before that miss, he was the most accurate kicker in Bengals history. Now, he is the second most accurate kicker in Bengals history. I guess Cincinnati has had some really bum luck with kickers.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Timing is everything in life. That was an absolutely awful time to miss. I still blame ZT more than anyone though. If we had a couple timeouts to work with Burrow gets multiple shots at the EZ.

That clock management by ZT was just absolutely awful. Horribly frustrating to watch all of our timeouts go to waste. He is not making me a believer.
Reply/Quote
Any update on Fat Randy? Looked to be in a lot of pain. Doubt he’ll be ready for Thursday if it was a hamstring?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:04 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I don't think he faked the injury as an excuse.  A lot of people thought Reader's season was over.  They actually brought the cart out for him.  This type of cramp is serious.  What's odd is that Randy warmed up on the sideline during the drive with apparently no effects.  Just...horrible timing that this cramp happened when it did.

Do you know what the chances of this are? That he cramped at that exact second? I'm not buying it. Only thing I did think is maybe he killed his leg on the 50 yarder.. I honestly just think the dude sucks under pressure and has time and time again..
Reply/Quote
How does a kicker get a leg cramp on 75 degree day?

The guy hadn't had to kick the ball for over a quarter. Super mild weather. Not a lot of leg needed for the kick (shorter than an XP).

So what gives? How hard was he "warming up" on the sidelines? Does he hydrate himself with a 2 liter of Mt. Dew Code Red?

Just how out of shape is our kicker that he can't attempt a chip-shot without cramping up?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:14 AM)Takedown Wrote: When you have a calf cramp, like the one Bullock supposedly had, it hurts a little bit after for a while too. It doesn't instantly go away. The best way to get rid of a calf cramp is to simply walk it off. Your focus is on the specific cramping calf. Not the other one for any reason. If you've had a calf cramp you would know this. So why is Randy holding his right calf? Later he is quoted for saying it was his left calf that cramped. During that interview, he is likely still feeling that cramp a little bit at least. It's not likely that you would forget which calf cramped. They can hurt like a mfer.

In other words, that sh!t was fake. And he was embarrassed, so he faked an injury. Nobody really seemed to care that he was hurt after he missed the kick because they knew it was bs.

None of the high powered receivers did crap.None of them could get open fast enough and the chargers are not a super team.Burrow should have been in the shotgun all game,you can sling it faster in the shotgun as he could see FASTER what the D was doing,bad coaching on Zac Taylor,and I believe he should give up calling plays. No big time receivers did anything the first half,to me this team gave this game away.Welcome to the nati Joe Burrow.And if he keeps running finley will be playing and the way it looks right now we are going to be in the basement this season AGAIN !!!!
Reply/Quote
So who should replace Bullock? I've not seen any suggestions here yet. I've not read every post so maybe I missed it.

Also I'd be willing to bet that Bullock, despite his appearance, is in better physical shape than many people that post here including myself. Tongue

He's been a middle of the road kicker for sure. But there have been a few teams over the last 2 years or so still trying to find a decent kicker. Also I think much of the hate here is hot reaction because he missed the last second field goal. So it is easy to blame him for the loss. But he kept us in the game with two field goals made a 40 yard kick and a 50 yard kick.

The loss was on the team. They lost the turnover battle with the fumble and INT and also had a few missed opportunities. Did Bullock botch it and fake an injury? Maybe. But the loss is not on him.

So again, if they cut Bullock who is going to replace him that would be better? Names and stats please...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals haven’t had a reliable kicker since Jim Breech.

EVERY kicker the team has had since Breech has been more reliable

Breech- fg% 71.9
Pelfrey-        77.3
Graham        86.8
Nugent         81.8
Bullock         85.5

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let's give this guy a chance for some payback

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-waive-kicker-austin-seibert-after-two-missed-kicks-against-ravens-183005754.html

Quote:That didn’t take long. Barely a day after kicker Austin Seibert missed an extra point and a field goal during the Cleveland Browns’ massive 38-6 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Siebert is looking for a new job. Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reported on Monday afternoon that the Browns have waived Seibert.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:13 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Alright, alright. Randy messed up big time & as fans, we react emotionally. Time to move on. The only way he gets cut is if there is a way more talented kicker available for the right price.

That's not really true. Most kickers that get cut play their way off the team. They just become way too much of a liability. Kickers are a dime a dozen and several either need the opportunity or need a change of scenery. Very mental position similar to a golfer getting the yips.
Reply/Quote
Okay, Randy grabbing one leg and saying it was the other postgame is funny...but the Bengals listing him on the injury report with "Calves", meaning plural, is even funnier.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Okay, Randy grabbing one leg and saying it was the other postgame is funny...but the Bengals listing him on the injury report with "Calves", meaning plural, is even funnier.

It's contagious, now. Cramps are evolving, can 2020 get any worse?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How does a kicker get a leg cramp on 75 degree day?

The guy hadn't had to kick the ball for over a quarter.  Super mild weather.  Not a lot of leg needed for the kick (shorter than an XP).

So what gives?  How hard was he "warming up" on the sidelines?  Does he hydrate himself with a 2 liter of Mt. Dew Code Red?

Just how out of shape is our kicker that he can't attempt a chip-shot without cramping up?

I don't know what happened with the kicking yesterday, Chargers punter had to be helped off the field with his legs cramping up too.
Reply/Quote