Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut Fat Randy now
It's almost like he bet on Bengals +3.5 where he couldn't risk making it or he could lose his bet.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland cut their kicker for missing kicks, so........
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Cleveland cut their kicker for missing kicks, so........

They're not exactly a winning franchise that should be emulated. Their last winning record was in 2007 which was only their 2nd winning record since 1994.

Just sayin'
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: They're not exactly a winning franchise that should be emulated. Their last winning record was in 2007 which was only their 2nd winning record since 1994.

Just sayin'

They tend to overreact and do too much. We under react and don’t do enough. Two different ways of doing things wrong.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bad take.

Joe Mixon fumbles and the Chargers get a FG: No calls to cut.
Joe Burrow shovel passes right at a DL while in FG range: No calls to cut.

Randy Bullock is a good kicker for years and nails a 50 yarder today, scored 7 of the Bengals 13 points, but misses a FG and gets hurt: Thread to cut him.

Bullock really shouldn't have missed that kick, but he's been a good kicker for the Bengals.

If he really got hurt as bad as he was making out after the miss and when he was walking off, there is no way he will be playing on Thursday.
Lets wait and see what happens, if he plays he was faking the injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They tend to overreact and do too much. We under react and don’t do enough. Two different ways of doing things wrong.

Yeah, over reacting like keeping Hue Jackson for 2 1/2 seasons after winning 3 games during that period (and putting up that famous 0-16 in year two and only winning 1 game the year before) before they fired him half way through his 3rd season.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah, over reacting like keeping Hue Jackson for 2 1/2 seasons after winning 3 games during that period (and putting up that famous 0-16 in year two and only winning 1 game the year before) before they fired him half way through his 3rd season.   Tongue

Do you have any idea how many HC’s, QB’s, and GM’s they’ve gone through since returning to Cleveland? I don’t either, cause I couldn’t possibly keep track of them all.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you have any idea how many HC’s, QB’s, and GM’s they’ve gone through since returning to Cleveland? I don’t either, cause I couldn’t possibly keep track of them all.

My point is getting rid of a kicker that totally sucked game 1 and was sort of okay last year is not an overreaction and they certainly didn't overreact by any means sticking with Hue after his horrible first 2 years and putting up that big 0.  The Browns have been trying to find a kicker for years now.   That's another reason I think all this cut Bullock stuff is a bit over the top.  He's okay, not great, but at least the Bengals are not in the constant pursuit of a half decent kicker like some teams.

I don't think the Browns overreact. I think they just suck at talent evaluation. All those head coaches, GMS, QB etc. just were bad choices and I think Mayfield might be the next in line on that list. I'm no expert or NFL historian by any means but I can't think of many members of the Browns that have gone on to do great things with other teams over the last few decades in the NFL aside from Belichick. And he was there before they moved to Baltimore.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t realize the defense was hitting those throws at the end there. Weird.

It was a pretty surreal game. You never know...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Randy just missed. It happens. Really doesn't matter if he was injured or not, Until he starts pulling a Shayne Graham I say we cut him some slack. Will be interesting to see if he is on the injury report tomorrow tho. That was some really bad acting if he wasn't hurt.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's contagious, now. Cramps are evolving, can 2020 get any worse?

[Image: th?id=OIP.FD4f5XaWHLpeMSiEC0PN4gHaEK&pid...=296&h=167]
"I've got cramps!!!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Randy just missed. It happens. Really doesn't matter if he was injured or not, Until he starts pulling a Shayne Graham I say we cut him some slack. Will be interesting to see if he is on the injury report tomorrow tho. That was some really bad acting if he wasn't hurt.

He was on the report today.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was on the report today.

Ok then. So it was legit.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok then. So it was legit.

I still think so; we've seen him kick, both in pressure and non-pressure sitches.

That kick yesterday was out of left field; WTF happened there? It was like there was no oomph to it and it just fluttered.

People have been saying that, "the team is in on the faking." Ugh
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I still think so; we've seen him kick, both in pressure and non-pressure sitches.

That kick yesterday was out of left field; WTF happened there? It was like there was no oomph to it and it just fluttered.

People have been saying that, "the team is in on the faking." Ugh

SMH, really? That's some crazy thinking. I'm pretty proud of the leadership and players taking responsibility when they mess up and not blaming others. The "TEAM" thing is real. No 1 player wins or loses a game. Yesterdays game was obvious on that point. 

Reply/Quote
I don't have a Master's Degree in Literature, but I'm reading it pretty clearly as "my left leg grabbed" with an interpretation that this unnatural body mechanics/motion/balance caused an issue with the other leg. I'm struggling to see what the big deal or why we would question the integrity of the man that's been pretty great as a Bengal... especially if he clearly states "no excuse" and wants to own it for his team.

Edit: Gymnasts often have a minor issue during their routine with one leg/arm/hand/wrist/whatever, that then throws them off and causes a more severe issue on the opposite side as they attempt to correct the motion real-time. Just an analogy that makes sense to me

I'm hoping that he's ready to play on Thursday after being on the Injury Report, because despite some of our favorite "haters," the guys has been great as Bengal and won/tied games for us in those same situations. He made from 43 & 50 earlier in the game, so range, confidence, experience, isn't the issue.
Reply/Quote
I mean if everyone was in on the faking why was the offense trying SO HARD to drive the field in less than 2 minutes to win?

That charger D, while good, was gassed on that drive, and the bengals did almost everything right on that drive to win the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you have any idea how many HC’s, QB’s, and GM’s they’ve gone through since returning to Cleveland? I don’t either, cause I couldn’t possibly keep track of them all.

In all fairness, getting rid of that cavalcade of crap at HC and QB is the only thing that franchise does right.  When was the last time a HC or QB they gave up on even made a lateral move?  Maybe I'm being too hard on them, but no one springs to mind.

Anyways, is Fatso Randy Newman Bollocks actually hurt? Who do you pick up on a short week in covid America?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think the frustration with Randy is that he can hit kicks all game but when it matters he gets inconsistent.

That inconsistency in big moments is why people are over him, be it right or wrong.

Ninja  We need to draft kickers in the 7th round going forward.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, getting rid of that cavalcade of crap at HC and QB is the only thing that franchise does right. When was the last time a HC or QB they gave up on even made a lateral move?  Maybe I'm being too hard on them, but no one springs to mind.

Anyways, is Fatso Randy Newman Bollocks actually hurt? Who do you pick up on a short week in covid America?

Romeo Crennel was a pretty good coach. You get the Cleveland Browns to double digit wins that’s quite a feat.

Edit: Actually his record is worse than I thought. Still they fired him one year after that 10 win season.

Reply/Quote