Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutdown day 2018 - FINAL 53 & Practice Squad are set
Looks like Shaw was waived/injured. Is that the one where he goes on IR if he isn't claimed? Or, the injury settlement one and he can sign with any team, any time? There are too many designations...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 03:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: dont write MJ off just yet.. i could see them resigning him with a more friendly contract, he showed last year he was not washed up but for the price of keeping him plus Willis having a better preseason he was more cut able this year.. we are still a bit thin at DE for run stopping... 

I’d be fine with him coming back for a more team friendly deal. It would still be an unbengal-like move if that were to happen and would still be a true sign of commitment to change.

Reply/Quote
This probably won't be the same 53 in a couple of days or so. So I wont be surprised to see a couple of tweaks made, like Core to IR with possibility to return, then MJ signs back on at a cheaper deal for example.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like devontae harris and core will be IRed. I expect a 9th DL takes that spot.

Toupou looked poopoo so im surprised he made it.
Reply/Quote
I thought Harris was done for the year the way that injury looked. Him making it is probably the biggest surprise to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sounds like devontae harris and core will be IRed. I expect a 9th DL takes that spot.

well they might make a move for a DT but Toupou made it since he has a bit more weight.. outside of Atkins and Billings this is a light Dline for sure
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like Shaw was waived/injured. Is that the one where he goes on IR if he isn't claimed? Or, the injury settlement one and he can sign with any team, any time? There are too many designations...

Iirc, players waived with the injury designation revert to IR if unclaimed.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sounds like devontae harris and core will be IRed. I expect a 9th DL takes that spot.

I would expect MJ and Hewitt to return then...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would expect MJ and Hewitt to return then...

I dont know about Hewitt because they chose Shrek instead.

I wouldnt be surprised if they bring in someone that just got released from another team tbh. Maybe a corner or OL.

Reply/Quote
More importantly, how about the future Bengals QB first game with 275 yds, 5 tds, and 0 ints in just over 2 quarters.

Reply/Quote
When asked if Johnson could be back...Lewis on con call said "any veteran could return"

Shreck developed past Hewitt

It was closed between Hill and Carson

Core is "up in the air" so it made sense to keep Tate...seems a signal that Core will be heading to IR tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
MJ cut. I like MJ, but it's definitely time.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Well, I missed the MJ call, and am shocked, but I expect them to resign him Sunday. They can cut vets like MJ and Hewitt, and resign them without risking losing someone off the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
con call notes continued...

Russell was hurt by inconsistency but Marvin also said we could see his return

Marvin Lewis: Michael Johnson is one of these pillars that's been here and has given everything he can to this building.

Lewis refused to say if Driskel had already won the backup before Barkley injury

Reply/Quote
Ryan Hewitt

Verified account

@Huey_85
6m6 minutes ago
More
Incredibly grateful for my time in Cincinnati!! Bummed it ends like this and I wish I could have had more of an impact on the field the last couple years. Good luck to the boys this year and excited to see what’s next!

Reply/Quote
Anything on the MJ cut from Dunlap's twitter yet?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would expect MJ and Hewitt to return then...

more likely MJ and Russell.  We need secondary depth more than a 5th TE/H-back

Lewis confirms that they are looking to the waiver wires for CBs

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I missed the MJ call, and am shocked, but I expect them to resign him Sunday. They can cut vets like MJ and Hewitt, and resign them without risking losing someone off the practice squad.

They could use it to also get him for cheaper. If so, that's a smart move. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I missed the MJ call, and am shocked, but I expect them to resign him Sunday. They can cut vets like MJ and Hewitt, and resign them without risking losing someone off the practice squad.

Hey Sled, i called that one. Cool
Reply/Quote
Here is a good site that lists all the cuts made from around the league. Scroll down a bit and you can sort by position, team, all teams, etc. Might need to change the dates at top of page.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/roster-cuts/

Reply/Quote