Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutdown day 2018 - FINAL 53 & Practice Squad are set
A lot of surprises and very evident, it was not business as usual this off season. I liked MJ, but not for his high salary. I hoped they tried to get him to take a pay cut first, but who knows maybe he gets no great offers and comes back at a better price for his talent today. Russel cut surprised me. I called Johnson cut when I saw Hopkins playing center against Bills.

Glad they kept Tate. It was obvious a tough day for the FO and ML, but tike we give them credit for making some very tough choices.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What about Owens? Did he make the team?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I saw Landry Jones was cut. I would not bringing him in if we decide we need a 3rd QB, but I would rather us grab another position player versus having 3 QB's on the roster

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Glad we’re keeping Schreck. He looked pretty capable against the Colts.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad we’re keeping Schreck. He looked pretty capable against the Colts.

Agreed. I could see him possibly being a factor in the offense if Eifert goes down, or we run out of bubble wrap. 

Reply/Quote
The biggest indicator that MJ is likely to be back is the silence from his teammates. When Iloka was released they were all over twitter fairly quickly. So far nothing.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Saints cut there 4th round pick this year, a Tackle I believe; just saying some teams do cut higher picks as many here thought Hull should be kept over Walton.

Vikings put Terence Newman on the retired list and he will join the coaching staff there, nice move
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 07:41 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The Saints cut there 4th round pick this year, a Tackle I believe; just saying some teams do cut higher picks as many here thought Hull should be kept over Walton.

Vikings put Terence Newman on the retired list and he will join the coaching staff there, nice move

The Walton pick was/is a wasted one. The measurements of Bernard combined with the speed of Jeremy Hill. Hated the pick then, and think it’s the only reason he made the roster.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 08:15 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The Walton pick was/is a wasted one.  The measurements of Bernard combined with the speed of Jeremy Hill.  Hated the pick then, and think it’s the only reason he made the roster.

Yep. Far too soon to give up on a pick/youth like that. 

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 07:41 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The Saints cut there 4th round pick this year, a Tackle I believe; just saying some teams do cut higher picks as many here thought Hull should be kept over Walton.

Didn't we cut our 5th round pick Brown today? Of course all teams including us cut draft picks. We cut a 5th round pick in 2017 also.

The coaching staff decided Walton had more upside, they see them all every practice, they see them on special teams and not just running the ball in snap shot preseason games, they have tons of practice film on these guys. I get some fans think they better insight than the coaches, but I tend to trust their decisions over fans. They will make mistakes, they are human, but they have valid reasons I assure you why they keep player A over player B and I think draft position is way down the list of who makes the team once you get past rookies in rounds 1-3.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 07:02 PM)pally Wrote: The biggest indicator that MJ is likely to be back is the silence from his teammates. When Iloka was released they were all over twitter fairly quickly.  So far nothing.

That's why I asked in the other thread of there was anything from Dunlap's Twitter yet. I suspect he knows he's being resigned tomorrow....
Reply/Quote
I think the team is thin at the safety position as it stands today. I still see a need to improve the depth behind the top three cbs. I am not a fan of keeping Walton over Hill at this point. The O-line will need an infusion of talent over the next couple drafts. I am surprised they didn't keep Brown at DT.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Surprised by Josh Shaw getting cut. I'm sure they know what their doing but would have liked to see Worley and Brian Hill make the team. Also would have been nice to have AJ back, but I'm sure he had no desire considering how everything went down with him. Other than that I'm fine with the moves. MJ is gone and we were able to keep Tate and Erickson as well as Schrek (probably spelled wrong) who I think will develop into a pretty solid TE. I did however like Brown on KO's, can't help but wonder if we would have kept him if the kickoff rule never came to be. Oh well let's hope we find some treasure for this Oline in another mans trash.
Reply/Quote
BTW who will be our backup Center?
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with all the cuts. Shame that Hill got cut though. I don't see too much out there available, so I'm hoping we can just keep our own for the ps.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: BTW who will be our backup Center?

I think Hopkins may start at RG, be the back up center too

Reply/Quote
No Macaroni with cheese for backup this year . He's destined to be the next greatest and latest of the Gruden juggernaut of head scratching.. Traded to the Raiders for a 5th rnd pick..   Although they are getting a boat load of high picks over the next few years for Mack.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: BTW who will be our backup Center?

Hopkins
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:37 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: MJ cut. I like MJ, but it's definitely time.

If Johnson is really finally finished in the league I think it would be decent of the team to give him a decent send off as a way of saying thanks for all his contributions on and off the field. I've always liked the guy even more as a man than player. I think he could have done more as a player than he actually did had the right circumstances and players surrounded him, but that's my personal speculation..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 06:14 AM)grampahol Wrote: If Johnson is really finally finished in the league I think it would be decent of the team to give him a decent send off as a way of saying thanks for all his contributions on and off the field. I've always liked the guy even more as a man than player. I think he could have done more as a player than he actually did had the right circumstances and players surrounded him, but that's my personal speculation..

Not a word about it from Carlos on Twitter. Expect him back today, or in the next few days
Reply/Quote