Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture
Watching it now.. Should be good.. Great channel for Bengals content too..

https://youtu.be/PXeZbn_WcsI
Reply/Quote
Sounds like alot of this is falling on Turner having bo accountability and not teaching good technique... There is no way Turner or lou make it to next year here...

She also said players didn't like Lou because of his track record before he even got here of being Toxic...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Watching it now.. Should be good.. Great channel for Bengals content too..

https://youtu.be/PXeZbn_WcsI

I made it about 23 seconds. Anyone that can give a recap of what was actually said? That puppet thing/style is terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:26 PM)TheFan Wrote: I made it about 23 seconds. Anyone that can give a recap of what was actually said? That puppet thing/style is terrible. 

Basically Lou and Turner are both horrible coaches..
Reply/Quote
Im not listening to people do "funny accents" for 24 minutes. That's just one of my personal pet peeves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would not mind the puppets if they were actually funny. Or at least if they didn't try to make so much of the show about them trying to be funny.

But there was some interesting info from Elise. Especially the part about non-players talking about the problems with the coaches. None of those would be just guys who are upset because they are not getting playing time or do not feel they are being used properly.

And the problem Turner had in Miami was the direct result of having favorite players that he let get away with shit. Instead of building chemistry among the O-linemen he was part of the problem of "one group against some of the others". Most people don't realize that Jonathan Martin was not the only player victimized in that scandal. OT Andrew McDonald was also harassed as well as an Asian trainer.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not listening to people do "funny accents" for 24 minutes.  That's just one of my personal pet peeves.

Come of my personal pet peeves include watching somebody (ZT and co.) pretend to know what they're doing when it's very crystal clear they don't.

And I don't doubt for a second the culture is toxic and getting worse every week.

edit: oh you fixed it lol
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not listening to people do "funny accents" for 24 minutes.  That's just one of my personal pet peeves.

I love how they mix in the comedy bits about Dadio and Hogies lives lol.. That's just my personal opinion though. The Bengals are they type of team that makes it click for me what they are doing here. Probably couldn't do this with a good team...
Reply/Quote
She said Jesse bates felt like he could not ask Lou questions last year, but feels more comfortable with him now.

Anyone notice a difference in Jesse's play from last year to now?

Makes me wonder how many other defensive players are struggling just because of a lack of communication with Anarumo.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Come of my personal pet peeves include watching somebody (ZT and co.) pretend to know what they're doing when it's very crystal clear they don't.

And I don't doubt for a second the culture is toxic and getting worse every week.

It 100% is.. Come on, TURNER is known for this shit... Smoke / Fire.... They also let out that Carlos went public on insta just moments after getting demoted...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She said Jesse bates felt like he could not ask Lou questions last year, but feels more comfortable with him now.

Makes me wonder how many other defensive players are struggling just because of a lack of communication with Anarumo.
Gotta admit that Fred.. I heard that too.. Makes you wander...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:45 PM)Tony Wrote: Gotta admit that Fred.. I heard that too.. Makes you wander...

It does? Where did Fred go?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:26 PM)TheFan Wrote: I made it about 23 seconds. Anyone that can give a recap of what was actually said? That puppet thing/style is terrible. 

If you can't handle the puppets, just minimize the browser, use a different tab, or flip your device over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I still think Zac has a job for another year; we aren't seeing guys say anything negative about him, Callahan, Bicknell, basically anyone on the offensive side (even Ben Martin, assistant OL). Hell, players are going out of their way to COMPLIMENT these guys.

But Lou seems to resonate with absolutely no one (outside of the DBs and even then, Phillips was being salty on Twitter) and has seemingly alienated the guys, while Turner has regressed back to the Miami days.

My own personal thoughts are that Turner had gained some redemption after the OL turnaround last year, thought he was all cushy and safe, then went right back to the shitty attitude he's always had. Now we have this.

Dunlap also was interviewed today and threw massive shade on the defensive locker room as well, again.

I can 100% see the entire staff return next year, save for those two; have to weed out the crap.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She said Jesse bates felt like he could not ask Lou questions last year, but feels more comfortable with him now.

I'd say that's part of it, but I just read an interview with him, and attributes a lot of that... playing better and being more vocal....to Vonn Bell. He also noted Shawn Williams, and how he's having to fill his void of being a vocal leader. 

Side note.... PFF has Vonn Bell as the league leader in TFL in the run game from the safety position. I believe they will make a good tandem back there if they're kept together moving forward.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The worst part is the defense actually has the horses to be a good one. What it needs is to be rid of Lou and his minion position coaches and get a DC who can develop an identity on defense. Pick a base (3-4 or 4-3) and build off it instead of this hybrid crap that seems only to succeed in confusing the players.

And offensively it is actually similar. The horses we currently have should be good for the job but their coach is an idiot who teaches bad technique and a blocking scheme unsuited to the personnel. Get a legit OL guru and let him work with no interference and pick his own starters.
Reply/Quote
I just watched it. The highlights for me were

-10+ (double digits per Elise) players have verbally complained to her about the coaches
-Players have said that ZT coaches the team "worse than a college team".
-The coaches verbally abuse players. Cursing is common and players would be ok with this if the coaches were proven. None of the coaches are respected by the players so they can't stand this approach.
-Jessie Bates was afraid to approach Lou last year. Many younger players could be in the same boat.
-Firing Lou/Turner could be an option but no good/proven coach would even consider coming here.
-All of them blame Zach Taylor for Burrow. Basically dropping him back 29 times in the 1st half behind this OL and not running the ball is border line criminal.

In summary, all the coaches are terrible and we are pretty much stuck with them. So more of the same as a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you can't handle the puppets, just minimize the browser, use a different tab, or flip your device over.

It's not the puppets, it's the first year drama student "must do european accent for laughs" stuff that is cliched and instantly annoying for me.  Accents and impressions can be ok in small bursts but the constant nature of this is just something that irks me. 

That reminds me of the days when everyone was talking like napoleon dynamite or Borat.  Argh I hate it so much. It takes zero talent and it's completely irrelevant to what is going on.  Why are 2 puppets talking about American football both European?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not the puppets, it's the first year drama student "must do european accent for laughs" stuff that is cliched and instantly annoying for me.  Accents and impressions can be ok in small bursts but the constant nature of this is just something that irks me. 

That reminds me of the days when everyone was talking like napoleon dynamite or Borat.  Argh I hate it so much. It takes zero talent and it's completely irrelevant to what is going on.  Why are 2 puppets talking about American football both European?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Hodgie is heading out to a music festival...
Reply/Quote
Can't believe the puppet hating here; y'all should be ashamed you puppetisct
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote