Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*DAY 2 DRAFT TARGETS*
Call me crazy, but I would kind of like it if they went with Paul, Suamataia, or Amegadjie.  One of those could push Volson or be a high end backup at LT/LG.  Maybe they could work their way up to being the first OT off the bench if Mims doesn't come along quickly.  The Saints found a home for the super lanky/high cut Andrus Peat at LG so it's not unheard of.

Frazier would be a slam dunk.

Ruke Orhorhoro could be a complete player at DT.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:25 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Call me crazy, but I would kind of like it if they went with Paul, Suamataia, or Amegadjie.  One of those could push Volson or be a high end backup at LT/LG.  Maybe they could work their way up to being the first OT off the bench if Mims doesn't come along quickly.  The Saints found a home for the super lanky/high cut Andrus Peat at LG so it's not unheard of.

You are crazy.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't understand Ike. You do not draft idiots. T'Vondre Sweat is the biggest idiot I have seen on Draft month.

Just go and get drunk and drive people around in April, frickin' genius dude. Mellow

Go get one of the other NT's that actually might play a snap in the NFL is my vote. McKinnley Jackson, Kris Jenkins, Jordan Jefferson, 
Evan Anderson and there are about 10 more, but Sweat should not be a must anymore with his dumbass.

I agree. He doesn’t pass the character test.

I like going with interior line or DT in the 2nd. Seems like there is great value right now at those positions and we need more depth and youth at those positions looking into the future. Might as well take advantage of the positional depth this draft provides at oline.

There should be some solid wideouts available in the 3rd/4th too. Some good corners as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:36 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree. He doesn’t pass the character test.

I like going with interior line or DT in the 2nd. Seems like there is great value right now at those positions and we need more depth and youth at those positions looking into the future. Might as well take advantage of the positional depth this draft provides at oline.

There should be some solid wideouts available in the 3rd/4th too. Some good corners as well.

I think WR should be the target tomorrow and we should have some very good NT's in the 3rd like McKinnley Jackson and such and we
can add a RB and a TE if we feel like it. So many options after getting our future RT in Mims, just cannot say how much I love the Mims 
pick to start out this Draft.

But, of course am fine with a trench pick again, Guard/Center, End, NT etc.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't understand Ike. You do not draft idiots. T'Vondre Sweat is the biggest idiot I have seen on Draft month.

Just go and get drunk and drive people around in April, frickin' genius dude. Mellow

Go get one of the other NT's that actually might play a snap in the NFL is my vote. McKinnley Jackson, Kris Jenkins, Jordan Jefferson, 
Evan Anderson and there are about 10 more, but Sweat should not be a must anymore with his dumbass.

He's a football player, not up for Sainthood. 

He was barely over the limit. He was not seriously impaired or much of a danger in my view. He wrecked because a drunker driver rear-ended him....and then fled the scene. Sweat couod have took off too, I believe, but he did not. 

To me, it just is not that big a deal. 

Now, was it terribly wise? No. But wisdom & character are not the same thing. He's 22. 

Joe Mixon did far worse things & we drafted him round 2. 

Now, I think there are flags about his dedication/weight management. 

I am on record saying letting Reader go was stupidity personified. Especially in our division. 

But I'd have been thrilled with Sweat at #49 three weeks ago and nothing in the last 3xweeksxhas changed my perception of him as a player. 

Kiper has/had him top 50. Maybe I take a chance on him slipping to Rd3 if there is fantastic balue at CB/WR/IOL at #49. But I'd be ecstatic with Sweat. 
Reply/Quote
I probably go DT next, but I would at least consider RB as a day 2 option also.

49 Trey Benson
57 Jonathon Brooks
85 MarShawn Lloyd
92 Blake Corum
98 Jaylen Wright
Reply/Quote
For as much as I want one of the IOL guys, Frazier or Beebe…..with us going OT in one, the Bengals have to look at other positions at this point, maybe WR, my favorite left there is Polk (UW) or DL and there is a quite a few left out there I like, Newton, Fiske, Jenkins to name a few.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
BPA. If it’s absolutely not a need (i.e. a RT), trade down.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 08:05 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: For as much as I want one of the IOL guys, Frazier or Beebe…..with us going OT in one, the Bengals have to look at other positions at this point, maybe WR, my favorite left there is Polk (UW) or DL and there is a quite a few left out there I like, Newton, Fiske, Jenkins to name a few.
Totally agree offensive line should be done until late picks, However my PFN morning mock is

49, Jackson Powers Johnson very young. BIG, promising center.
80, Ruke Orhorhoro DT 
115 Mck Jackson DT
trade, 121 Jayden Wright
trade, 136 Theo Johnson- JJ watt- Miles Garrett helper
149, Jared Wiley- TE double down value pick
194, Cornelius Johnson best wr left
214, E ulofsho, very athletic LB 9.7 ras
left a 7th rd pick on the table and picked up an extra 6th rd for next year, even though we should be all in for this year.
Sign me up today, week on wr and cb however Joe can throw to multiple TE's and Eli where are you.  (Apple) lol
Reply/Quote
WR's-McConkey, Polk, Mitchell, Worthy, R.Wilson, Corley, J. Wilson, Franklin

T's-Paul, Fisher, Amegadejie, Suamataia

IOL-Frazier, Beebe, Haynes, Puni

DT's-Newton, Fiske, Jenkins, Smith, Orhorhoro, Hall

RB's-Benson, Wright, Allen

CB's-DeJean, McKinnstry
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:25 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Call me crazy, but I would kind of like it if they went with Paul, Suamataia, or Amegadjie.  One of those could push Volson or be a high end backup at LT/LG.  Maybe they could work their way up to being the first OT off the bench if Mims doesn't come along quickly.  The Saints found a home for the super lanky/high cut Andrus Peat at LG so it's not unheard of.

I will not call you crazy and I wouldn't say no to more trenches. Even OLine trenches. 

We could have won a Super Bowl by now if our Oline was better.  That pretty much justifies as many picks as they want to make to try to fix it and get good depth. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:34 AM)Whatever Wrote: WR's-McConkey, Polk, Mitchell, Worthy, R.Wilson, Corley, J. Wilson, Franklin

T's-Paul, Fisher, Amegadejie, Suamataia

IOL-Frazier, Beebe, Haynes, Puni

DT's-Newton, Fiske, Jenkins, Smith, Orhorhoro, Hall

RB's-Benson, Wright, Allen

CB's-DeJean, McKinnstry

Xavier Worthy went to the Chiefs.

Tonight should be a good night for DT, WR, Corner, and RB. It's going to be interesting to see who pulls the trigger first at RB and TE.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I know he probably doesn't make it to us but Dejean seems like he would be such a versatile piece of our defensive backfield where we sorely lacked in playmaking last year.

My short list:

CB: Dejean, McKinstry
DT: Newton, Jenkins, Maason Smith
IOL: Jackson Powers-Johnson
WR: Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey
(Fall back option) TE: Sanders, Sinnott

Good chance they are all gone by the time we pick.
Reply/Quote
I'd be ecstatic with Cooper DeJean, Jer'Zhan Newton, Braden Fiske, or Jackson Powers-Johnson.

I'd be OK with Kool-Aid McKinstry, Ennie Rakestraw JR, Kris Jenkins

The rest are meh for a 2nd round pick but who knows, there's plenty of value in this round especially if you want to go at another WR.

I think we'd have to trade up for Newton or DeJean, obviously. Powers-Johnson is intriguing to me because Karras is about to be a Free Agent after this season and will be 32 heading into free agency.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:03 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: People are going bananas over Johnny Newton. I thought he was projected for lower than the first (maybe much lower) but I guess it depends on who you ask.

He was projected first rounder by all projections out there. The only reason he is still there is because you had 6 QB’s and 8 OT’s come off the board.
Reply/Quote
As it stands right now the Bengals have 9 more picks. If they trade down in 2 it'll be more most likely. Still plenty more young talent to choose from. Every season people get really hung up on rounds 1 & 2 as if nobody ever succeeded in rounds 3-7.. Heck..we still have players from last years draft who played and contributed from every round. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
No need to forfeit capital for Newton. Sweat is him, and will likely be there at 49 or later. I'd even consider trading down.

If Jonathan Brooks is in the third round it would be stupid not to take him. Potential is sky high.
Reply/Quote
There are a fair number of people with first round grades still on the board. You can thank Atlanta, Denver and then the lower first round unusually picks for that. We did good - Mims had a Top 20 grade and we were at 18. We should likewise have a selection of players graded at or above our spot in Round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:41 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: No need to forfeit capital for Newton. Sweat is him, and will likely be there at 49 or later. I'd even consider trading down.

If Jonathan Brooks is in the third round it would be stupid not to take him. Potential is sky high.

I'd be curious if Sweat is still on the Bengals board. If he got a DWI less than a month before the draft, then can the Bengals count on him to not make a similar mistake before a playoff game or the Superbowl, ala Stanley Wilson? Is he a player that the Bengals staff would have to watch like a hawk, like the Reds had to do with the talented Josh Hamilton.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:27 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I will start with guys who have not been picked yet……

Will you end with guys who have already been picked then?
Reply/Quote