Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DL FTW
Defensive Line. For The Win.

I see a lot of talk about Raiders DL against our OL.

Just totally overlooking the fact our DL is better than theirs and our OL is better than theirs.

Look for our DL to dominate this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Defensive Line. For The Win.

Just totally overlooking the fact our DL is better than theirs and our OL is better than theirs.

I was just thinking this earlier today. I hope our oline can step up and have a good game. But that's been all the talk really about how good they're Dline is. Hopefully our Dline can really have a good game and a big impact on this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  and our OL is better than theirs.

I wish bro

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Defensive Line. For The Win.

Our D-Lines are roughly equal, but there’s not much of comparison on the O-Line. I feel like we might have the worst O-Line in the playoffs. It is for sure, the weakness of the team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Obviously you have to pay attention to their D line, but yeah I don’t think they are going to be lighting up the scoreboard. They have a negative point differential. I don’t know if their offense is playing better now, but they didn’t score a lot first time around.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:50 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Our D-Lines are roughly equal, but there’s not much of comparison on the O-Line. I feel like we might have the worst O-Line in the playoffs. It is for sure, the weakness of the team.

NATI BENGALS Wrote:I wish bro

Jonah Williams > Kolton Miller

Quinton Spain > Josh Simpson

Trey Hopkins > Andre James

Jackson Carman < Alex Leatherwood 

Brandon Parker < Isiah Prince
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just totally overlooking the fact our DL is better than theirs and our OL is better than theirs.

No to both.

first one can be sort of be argued due to the fact that the Bengals d-line has better defensive tackles than Vegas
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jonah Williams > Kolton Miller

Quinton Spain > Josh Simpson

Trey Hopkins > Andre James

Jackson Carman < Alex Leatherwood 

Brandon Parker < Isiah Prince

I've heard Leatherwood has had a terrible year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:00 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I've heard Leatherwood has had a terrible year. 

I was trying to be not too much of a homer and give the Raiders one

FWIW PFF has us as 20th and Vegas as 28th
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was trying to be not too much of a homer and give the Raiders one

FWIW PFF has us as 20th and Vegas as 28th
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

PFF has cincy rated 25th in in pass pro

Where is Vegas ranked?

edit: "only Miller earned a run-blocking grade better than 65.0"

so im guesssing they're ranked so low because they're bad at run blocking
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: PFF has cincy rated 25th in in pass pro

Where is Vegas ranked?

edit: "only Miller earned a run-blocking grade better than 65.0"

so im guesssing they're ranked so low because they're bad at run blocking

They ranked so low because they're worse than the Bengals Oline.

Now losing Reiff brings it closer. 

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They ranked so low because they're worse than the Bengals Oline.

Now losing Reiff brings it closer. 

in RUN protection. I honestly dont know what the pass pro numbers are

losing Reiff and having Crosby match up with Prince makes it about even all together
Reply/Quote
I also agree that there is a habit of sleeping on our DL. Our DL has generated a megaton of pressure AND 36 sacks with 21.5 off the edges and 14.5 on the interior. As a Team we are at 42 sacks this season - kinda big jump from 17 last season.
Reply/Quote
I re-watched the Raiders-Bengals game again last night. The Raiders only moved the ball on one drive where they hit 3 deep passes to TEs to score a TD. All of the other drives they struggled to move the ball--and Carr was constantly pressured. The receivers couldn't get any separation and the pass rush was good. Hopefully we can build on that success.

I could see Burrow's offense figuring out the Raiders defense a little more this go around as well. Burrow missed some throws in that game. I thought the running backs were open quite a bit. Come back routes and drag routes were open quite a bit too. I think we could take more downfield shots as well and hook up on more plays or draw penalties. The Raiders pass rush is good, but if we don't turn the ball over and just take a sack here and there we should be okay. Mixon could have a big game as well. Throw it to him, run draws, etc. He could have a good day and he could help keep the pressure at bay a bit.
Reply/Quote
You know what's also crazy about this Raiders team? They have a top 5 kicker, and the best punter in the league. That guy can pin cincy back deep in their own territory
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You know what's also crazy about this Raiders team? They have a top 5 kicker, and the best punter in the league. That guy can pin cincy back deep in their own territory

Makes them long TDs even longer.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Makes them long TDs even longer.

That is another strength for the Raiders. They limit the deep balls/big plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:00 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That is another strength for the Raiders. They limit the deep balls/big plays.

I hate this match up for cincy. I really do

I wouldve loved to see them face the chargers or patriots
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hate this match up for cincy. I really do

I wouldve loved to see them face the chargers or patriots

Calm down, we are gonna smoke the raiders... We couldn't of got a better draw and path to the AFCCG...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You know what's also crazy about this Raiders team? They have a top 5 kicker, and the best punter in the league. That guy can pin cincy back deep in their own territory

Not from the 20. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote