Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRaft Grades AFCN - Guess who is #1
Shocking, NFL news ranked our draft 1st in the AFCN. I hope they are correct. Nice read below.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001029786/article/afc-north-draft-grades-ravens-get-speedy-steelers-nail-it-early
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shocking, NFL news ranked our draft 1st in the AFCN. I hope they are correct. Nice read below.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001029786/article/afc-north-draft-grades-ravens-get-speedy-steelers-nail-it-early

Funny how NFL.com ranks the Bengals as the best draft in the AFC North but also ranks the Bengals as a whole near the bottom for the season projections. While they think the draft was good, they don't have much confidence in the existing team members and new coaching staff, I guess.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Drew Sample put us over the top.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
.....and they noted Wren as the biggest sleeper pick in the division.  Not too shabby.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shocking, NFL news ranked our draft 1st in the AFCN. I hope they are correct. Nice read below.

I think alot of the positive reviews of the Bengals Draft catch the concept that Zac Taylor is shaping the Offense to fit his system.

Commitment to the run, run blocking and adding Drew Sample who can catch passes & run block.

I also think that many of these positive reviewers like the QB Ryan Finley pick and want to see him as Zac's hand picked "heir apparant" to Andy Dalton. Some that I have heard that liked the Bengals Draft also seem to see Dalton as the problem & want to view getting Ryan Finley in place as a smart move by Zac & the Bengals.

In a way, bumping up the Bengal's grade then becomes a partial diss by them on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Who cares what those so called "experts" say....wait...we're first?! ROCK ON!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who cares what those so called "experts" say....wait...we're first?!  ROCK ON!!!!!

[Image: sLjla4A.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Funny how NFL.com ranks the Bengals as the best draft in the AFC North but also ranks the Bengals as a whole near the bottom for the season projections. While they think the draft was good, they don't have much confidence in the existing team members and new coaching staff, I guess.

These are two different things.  Just as an extreme example what if we were in the same division as the pats and they didn't take anyone in the draft.  Would we be better than them just because we had a better draft?

Why should they have more  confidence in our new coaches then any other team? We highered a QB coach not a former head coach with a proven history of winning.

As far as our vets go are they better than the other teams vets?  Were they last year?  Our record says they weren't.

We as Bengals fans have to stop taking everything the media thinks about our team so personaly.  Until this team starts winning they simply aren't going to get any.  It hasn't been earned.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:49 PM)motoarch Wrote: These are two different things.  Just as an extreme example what if we were in the same division as the pats and they didn't take anyone in the draft.  Would we be better than them just because we had a better draft?

Why should they have more  confidence in our new coaches then any other team? We highered a QB coach not a former head coach with a proven history of winning.

As far as our vets go are they better than the other teams vets?  Were they last year?  Our record says they weren't.

We as Bengals fans have to stop taking everything the media thinks about our team so personaly.  Until this team starts winning they simply aren't going to get any.  It hasn't been earned.

FWIW, I don't take everything the media thinks so personally. I just find it interesting that the media, while praising the draft, doesn't think it will make enough of an impact this year to turn the team around substantially.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was impressed with the Ravens Draft, but ours is better in the end. I think they need a pocket passer to compete with this team that Taylor is building. The Steelers draft i thought wasn't good at all, the Stains was meh. They are right on who had the best Draft i think as this is the best one that met needs and had a couple huge steals in Pratt and Trayveon Williams.
Reply/Quote
We are going to kick ass this year and some know it. Some refuse to see it. I think someone forget to notify most of the doubting Thomas's that Marvin is gone. We are our best when under the radar.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 02:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are going to kick ass this year and some know it. Some refuse to see it. I think someone forget to notify most of the doubting Thomas's that Marvin is gone. We are our best when under the radar.

Hey Harley we might even be the best when we are on everyone's radar under Taylor now for all we know.

It is a new day my friend.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and they noted Wren as the biggest sleeper pick in the division.  Not too shabby.

I think he has Mathias Askew written all over him. 6'5" 300+lbs DT. Hope not!
Reply/Quote
Quote:We as Bengals fans have to stop taking everything the media thinks about our team so personally
First, two Ls in personally. My inner spelling Nazi has you failing from the get go and as far as the national media covering football and the Bengals in particular have they EVER been wrong about us? Of course not.. We MUST take every word, comma, period and syllable personally to the point we're even willing to send assassins to bump off any so called journalist that ever says a bad word about our team.. 

OK, I'm just having fun at your expense and readily admit it's pretty rotten of me.. Actually I agree with you and would take it a tad further and suggest we just ignore 90% of these guys just because... (Don't ask what the 'because' qualifier might be'. I just made it up.) 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Harley we might even be the best when we are on everyone's radar under Taylor now for all we know.

It is a new day my friend.

[Image: youre-damn-right-ajntzm.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We did have the best draft. So looking forward to a fresh start.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FWIW, I don't take everything the media thinks so personally. I just find it interesting that the media, while praising the draft, doesn't think it will make enough of an impact this year to turn the team around substantially.

I don't know that it's the case with this writer/article but I believe a lot of that comes from not really knowing or bothering to look at the Bengals in depth and basically just sticking to the national narrative. And to be fair some of it is deserved. I mean we haven't made any waves lately.

And until this team does more than win 9 games in the regular season at 1:00 pm it's not gonna change.
Reply/Quote

This is a draft grade, which is different from an off-season grade which would included free agency.

It is funny how they said, "The decision to re-sign Bobby Hart seems a lot less offensive now that he can move into a backup role and Williams can start at right tackle."

Reply/Quote
well its good to have good first impressions...

But these grades are still meaningless till the players produce.
Reply/Quote
We had to start fixing the offensive line. I think it was a great first step in what wiull be at least a two to three year process.

I like picking the BPA who fills a need rather than BPA, i.e. pcik a corner every year.
Reply/Quote