Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton-agent looked at options
Andy has made it clear he disagrees with the decision but will do what he can to help the team. But after being notified his agent looked into outside options for him. Just too close to the trade deadline to put something together. That heavily implies that the team may have been open to trading him if the right deal came along

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The timing does seem suspect to say the least.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
MB wouldn't trade Dalton for anything reasonable, anyways. Andy plays nice when our last 2 franchise QBs didn't and he's the one left stranded on a bench before his time is up.  Raw deal and MB and ZT look like amateurs at best and snakes at worse. Meh just my negative take.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The timing does seem suspect to say the least.

I'll actually call it apathy on MBs part and incompetence on ZTs.  Plus there is a decent chance they have to go back to Dalton unless they're going to play Dolegala if Finley gets injurbenched.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: MB wouldn't trade Dalton for anything reasonable, anyways. Andy plays nice when our last 2 franchise QBs didn't and he's the one left stranded on a bench before his time is up.  Raw deal and MB and ZT look like amateurs at best and snakes at worse. Meh just my negative take.

Right

MB wouldn't have taken anything but a King's ransom. Like you said yesterday, "because he doesn't have to"

That big fat NFL profit sharing check will still be written in his name.
Reply/Quote
Can't blame the guy dude was given Andre Smith & Bobby Hart as Tackles. Was told to make it work. That's like giving a chef rotten eggs than expecting him to make 5 star eggs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
just doesn't make sense..... I guess we can trade him during the draft.. but we probly will get less then than what we could have right now.

And if we just cut him no Comp pick either.. so basically we get nothing out of it... Its just mind boggling.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

MB wouldn't have taken anything but a King's ransom. Like you said yesterday, "because he doesn't have to"

That big fat NFL profit sharing check will still be written in his name.

Again, a guy we could move for draft capital but ehh...lets just not.  Build through the draft my arse.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll actually call it apathy on MBs part and incompetence on ZTs.  Plus there is a decent chance they have to go back to Dalton unless they're going to play Dolegala if Finley gets injurbenched.

When your Ryanfinley breaks it's generally due to mechanical error. We'd then need to upgrade the model to the Ryanfinleygala 1.0. More torque in its throwing mechanism but beta tested in much more forgiving atmospheres. Ryanfinleygala 1.0 carries with it a warning regarding upgrading the intensity of its new surroundings before it's had sufficient time to develop a quality A.I. - it may cause increased accidental discharge of footballs to opposing units or have random memory dumps.  
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Andy has to be patient. He'll be freed soon and be great for another team. Even make their Hall of Fame like Palmer did.

And like Palmer, he probably won't ever consider himself a Bengal once he retires and get's a shot with a real franchise.

It's a blessing.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, a guy we could move for draft capital but ehh...lets just not.  Build through the draft my arse.

There is no rush to trade him. It's actually smarter to hold onto him to see if Finley can handle the starting duties well enough they can go into the draft looking at QBs hard but not forced to take one top 3. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Andy has to be patient. He'll be freed soon and be great for another team. Even make their Hall of Fame like Palmer did.

And like Palmer, he probably won't ever consider himself a Bengal once he retires and get's a shot with a real franchise.

It's a blessing.

I was thinking by this point in their careers Esiason was a Jet and Palmer was headed to AZ right?  I said when we drafted Dalton if he leaves in anger or MB tosses him out I'd probably root for him where he land's ala Boomer and Palmer. 

Come on Daton to the Bears. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:42 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no rush to trade him. It's actually smarter to hold onto him to see if Finley can handle the starting duties well enough they can go into the draft looking at QBs hard but not forced to take one top 3. 

I agree but we arent winning with Dalton so we may as well get something for him.  Just another example of MB not having to exert himself.

He clearly doesn't want to wheel n deal like a GM but he also won't hire a GM and say "you do it." Double whammy stuff, this.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, a guy we could move for draft capital but ehh...lets just not.  Build through the draft my arse.

You gotta wonder if MB doesn't just view everything NFL/trade/free agency etc. as a giant pissing contest. I'll show all these bleep's ! I'm gonna get revenge on all of em for firing my dad !

I don't care how bad it hurts my team, the fans, the city ? 
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:42 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no rush to trade him. It's actually smarter to hold onto him to see if Finley can handle the starting duties well enough they can go into the draft looking at QBs hard but not forced to take one top 3. 

Exactly, Dalton's value is just as high, if not higher, this off season. There is only one "contender" who needs a QB in Chicago and nothing is saying they actually wanted him. It is more likely a team with a QB they aren't quite sold on will want him, similar to the Tannehill situation in TEN this year. I could actually see him going to the Chargers in the offseason if Rivers retires or moves on. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree but we arent winning with Dalton so we may as well get something for him.  Just another example of MB not having to exert himself.

He clearly doesn't want to wheel n deal like a GM but he also won't hire a GM and say "you do it."  Double whammy stuff, this.

Now that he wants out...they'll keep him another year for spite. Like Cordy Glenn.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I knew this ending was a possibility nearly 9 years ago.  I must have a crystal ballsack, or whatever. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You gotta wonder if MB doesn't just view everything NFL/trade/free agency etc. as a giant pissing contest. I'll show all these bleep's ! I'm gonna get revenge on all of em for firing my dad !

I don't care how bad it hurts my team, the fans, the city ? 

I posted in another thread that Paul Brown viewed contract negotiations as a war essentially with the player.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I knew this ending was a possibility nearly 9 years ago.  I must have a crystal ballsack, or whatever. 

Now we gotta see what happens with Mixon.
Reply/Quote